Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1090967 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
Played much better in the 2nd half IMO good to see Kirchoff getting a run out too! This team would come good all we need is to be a bit more clinical in the final third. Schweini and Martinez would soon be back to add the much needed steel in attack

On to CSKA Moscow
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lol where is that dimwit nitwat abi wetin he call himself?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Haha Dortmund dey for beast mode ooh! I stopped watching at 2-2 thinking Hamburg can pull off what they did last season only for me to come back and see 6-2! Well that only shows us the task that lies ahead
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
A-40:
Haha Dortmund dey for beast mode ooh! I stopped watching at 2-2 thinking Hamburg can pull off what they did last season only for me to come back and see 6-2! Well that only shows us the task that lies ahead
I regret watching that match.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gustavo further justifying his sale Smh! Another red card in 3 games
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Interview: Jérôme Boateng[/size]

fcbayern.de: Jérôme, against Hannover you were substituted midway through the second half, and the whole Arena rose to applaud you. How often does that happen to a defender?
Jérôme Boateng: Not very often. Defenders aren’t usually involved in the most spectacular moves in a game. It makes it so much more enjoyable when a good performance is recognised by the fans. I appreciated it.

As a team you won the game, but as a defender it must be satisfying to keep a clean sheet.
Yes, it's very important for me and my fellow defenders, but also for the rest of the team. Manu [Manuel Neuer] in particular is thrilled when we don't concede.

Coach Pep Guardiola is working hard on giving the defence more stability. How’s it going?
We're making progress, even though it was better before the break for internationals than against Hannover. We let them hit us with counter attacks too often, that opened up chances for them.

Can you really expect everything to work perfectly after an international break?
No, but that can't be an excuse. Of course internationals reduce our crispness, but with our squad, we have to be able to compensate for that. We aren't satisfied with our performance in the first half, but we improved in the second.

Matthias Sammer said the team lacked emotion. What do you think about his comment?
I think he’s right. Matthias Sammer doesn't say anything that isn't of value. I think the team has to accept the criticism, because we have a lot of games and need to concentrate on those.

Let's speak about you for a moment. You're a regular for Bayern, and now also a regular for Germany in your favoured position as centre-half. Have you made the progress you were hoping for after your move to Munich?

I feel really comfortable at Bayern, the best club on the planet in my opinion. At the time of the transfer I had a knee injury, which shows how much faith the club had in me. I think I’ve been headed in the right direction ever since, and that I’m improving every year.

Progress like that isn't only based on regular team training. What else have you done to improve?
Like all my team-mates I regularly train outside normal hours, things like passing, heading or just a general workout in the gym. Due to the high number of games, especially in the Champions League, I’ve become calmer on the ball. I also have more confidence in my abilities and don't put myself under too much pressure. In the past, that caused me to be fearful or made me try too hard. I tried to regain possession too quickly, so I ended up doing stupid fouls. That has changed.

The Champions League is about to restart. How much are you looking forward to Tuesday's match?
Massively! Finally it's about to restart. As always, we want to go as far as we can in the competition. It’s pivotal for us to make a good start.

In the long history of the Champions League, no team has ever managed to retain the trophy...
We would of course love to be the first team to achieve it. However, we’re at the start of the season and can't afford to think that far yet. We take each game as it comes. At the moment it’s important to make a good start to the group phase.

Your first opponents are CSKA Moscow. What do you expect from the Russian champions?
We don't often get to see CSKA’s games, so it's hard to say. We’ll be taking a look at a lot of video material, and I’ll personally check out their strikers online. What I do know is that they're very tricky opponents. They have a couple of really talented players, so we can't underestimate them. We have to be careful.

Four days after CSKA, you have another top billing game, and a special one for you personally. When you visit Schalke, you’ll be playing against your half-brother Kevin-Prince. Has there been any pre-match banter between the two of you?
As you’ve said, it's after the Champions League. Kevin is also playing in the competition with Schalke. After that, there probably will be some teasing, and we’ll probably be texting a bit.

How often have you played each other?
We mostly played when we were both in youth teams, before we were together at Hertha BSC. Since then, we’ve only met once in the Bundesliga. It was brief: He came on for Dortmund, and 20 minutes later I was subbed off for Hamburg. The only real time we played was at the 2010 World Cup [in Germany’s 1-0 victory over Ghana], and I won that match. So in competitive games, I’m in the lead.

How do you feel when you go into a tackle against your brother?
On the one hand it's a normal challenge, on the other hand it's not. Each of us wants to show he’s the better player. It should be a fun match.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:04am On Sep 16, 2013

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Can FCB do what no team in Europe has in the UCL era?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Alaba and Mandzukic on target Bayern 2 - CSKA zip
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Probably our best performance this season! Another clean sheet in the bag. Robben MOTM for me
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
A-40:
Probably our best performance this season! Another clean sheet in the bag. Robben MOTM for me

Alaba MOTM for me

I need to get gif of that assist to Robben and let any of those comparing Cashley to him show me when Cole would ever do that
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Alaba MOTM for me

I need to get gif of that assist to Robben and let any of those comparing Cashley to him show me when Cole would ever do that
Ashley is on the downward slide but he's 33 so its understandable. Comfortable win in the end! I don't remember us being under much pressure aside from after the first goal

Man City next at Manchester, that tie would be pivotal! But we've defiled Manchester before albeit a different stadium
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2013
The day Cashley is able to make this type of offensive contribution in his entire career is the day England would win the World cup.

Playing as a full back goes beyond blocking shots and giving last ditch tackles while being clueless in the opposition half

[img]http://static.dyp.im/8c5lHGkLUN/b473edbf7b1001684305e38d38f4082a.gif[/img]

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2013
Toni Kroos = 98% pass completion last night

dayokanu: The day Cashley is able to make this type of offensive contribution in his entire career is the day England would win the World cup.

Playing as a full back goes beyond blocking shots and giving last ditch tackles while being clueless in the opposition half

[img]http://static.dyp.im/8c5lHGkLUN/b473edbf7b1001684305e38d38f4082a.gif[/img]

Looool every man and his dog knows that at 21 Alaba is already better than Ashley Cole can ever be going forward he just needs to fine tune the defensive side of his game
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Jurgen Klopp and Roman Weidenfeller out there disgracing the Bundesliga. Smh
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
A-40:
Jurgen Klopp and Roman Weidenfeller out there disgracing the Bundesliga. Smh

Klopp wanted to eat the linesman alive

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Klopp wanted to eat the linesman alive

I have never seen him so animated in all my life! And Jurgen Klopp on a normal day is as animated as anyone can get. I hope this loss slows them down in the league too
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
A-40:

I have never seen him so animated in all my life! And Jurgen Klopp on a normal day is as animated as anyone can get. I hope this loss slows them down in the league too

Subotic went out to get stitches to his head.

He was ready to come in before the corner kick but the linesman or ref didnt give him the go ahead. It was the corner that resulted in the goal

Klopp always does that in Germany but gets away with it. The German press say its passion I guess he might be getting almost 4 games suspension given that he touched the linesman

Tough times ahead for BvB in the CL

I dont want them to crash out early because that means they would concentrate on the League
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Subotic went out to get stitches to his head.

He was ready to come in before the corner kick but the linesman or ref didnt give him the go ahead. It was the corner that resulted in the goal

Klopp always does that in Germany but gets away with it. The German press say its passion I guess he might be getting almost 4 games suspension given that he touched the linesman

Tough times ahead for BvB in the CL

I dont want them to crash out early because that means they would concentrate on the League
I think Klopp overreacted there! It was just one goal and there was plenty of time to recover I really couldn't understand why he was hyperventilating like a Silverback in heat

BVB should bounce back as their next opponent is the weakest team in the group it all boils down to what they can get out of Arsenal in the 3rd and 4th set of games

BTW is it just me or does Lewandowski look a shadow of himself compared to last season?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
A visit to the Ruhr this weekend for an interesting match ahead vs Schalke 04. KPB seems to have breathed in new life to that team
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Schalke this weekend at Gelsenkirchen

They seemed to have recovered from their early season chaos
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Super Neuer returns home!

Bayern has won 6 straight against Schalke 04 in the league hopefully the streak continues

Gotze is also close to a return! Its hightime we get him back and see what he brings to the table! Muller seems to be the least in form player in our front 4 ATM

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by BavarianLad: 12:35am On Sep 21, 2013
This is my domain.
I hope we fry Schalke in front of their fans and serve them goals as quarter year gift.

I'll die a Bavarian!
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by BavarianLad: 12:38am On Sep 21, 2013
A-40:
Super Neuer returns home!

Unarguably the best goalie presently in the world.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by BavarianLad: 12:39am On Sep 21, 2013
dayokanu: Schalke this weekend at Gelsenkirchen

They seemed to have recovered from their early season chaos
we must re-ignite that chaos this evening.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:25am On Sep 21, 2013
Bavarian_Lad: This is my domain.
I hope we fry Schalke in front of their fans and serve them goals as quarter year gift.

I'll die a Bavarian!
You're officially welcome comrade to the thread dedicated to the best and greatest team on the planet FC Bayern Munchen
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by BavarianLad: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
A-40:

You're officially welcome comrade to the thread dedicated to the best and greatest team on the planet FC Bayern Munchen
Danke buddy.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2013
Nurnberg hold Dortmund 1-1

How did Eiswein miss that it could have won the game for Nurnberg
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bavarian lad welcome to this thread

Hope your entry bring more wins and trophies to Bayern
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 4:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
Dortmund drew with Nurnberg.
Thank God.
Who saw that dying minute miss by Nurnberg?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2013
Our Bavarian brethren Nurnberg just did us a favor. We need to take advantage by beating Schalke

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (1043) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.