Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1088706 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

You are equally fantasizing so don't get conservative on me. You can as well imagine a 4-0 win and not just 2-1.

How old is Pepe? 34 himself. Was he not missed? Varane? There is no possible spin to this even if Pauli was here to explain his exclusion principle. If Ribery is old use someone else and prove to be the better Tactician. After all, you have Douglas Costa.

LOL @ Done no worse. I have said ad nauseam that Ancelotti has lost the very same games you slaughtered Pep for. What else do you want me to say? Did I not say the tie was not over?

It is not about BATE BORISOV or AFC (2-0 in Munich). It is that Jupp won a treble ti tan. Now if Carlo does not win the UCL or get to the semis I would have to isolate individual games to judge him but it will be inconsequential if he eventually wins the UCL or gets past the semis. That way he would have done what Pep did not do. I hope you get the point. This is a big picture argument.

Joshua is fit so your using him as an example again fails. If at the time Joshua was in form he got injured, ehen, you can bring him into this. Gundogan and Jesus were playing well and scoring before they got injured. There should be an uppercase period placed here.

I am not the one giving excuses you are. Pep made those statements before the league began but even at that I have accepted he is a fraud. Now I want you to justify why a manager who is not a fraud is not outdoing the fraud. Simple.

LOL. Pellegrini had 3 seasons 1, 2, 4 were his league positions. Judge Pep after he has had the same 3. If we compare what Pep inherited and how City played in the previous season he is getting things fixed. But if we compare Carlo now to Pep either last season or for argument sake Pep's first, Pep is doing better except Carlo overturns the RM 1-2 first leg loss and wins the tie. Till then we wait.

Which is exactly what I came here to tell you.

Naa, 2-1 or 3-2 would do just fine.

Nobody is spinning anything. Nobody is giving excuses. You are imagining things. Costa fresh out of knee injury, let's rush him in the game so he can get injured again.

As mad as most Bayern fans were at the time nobody really slaughtered Pep till after the World cup when we saw what Bayern players were capable of.

Lol e say na big picture. So why are you here after one leg? If we go on to win the treble or CL under Carlo what would the hootin and hollerin have been about? This na real confusion. And before you reply for Pep at City remember say na una start am

If Gündogan was fit? Gündogan? I'm sleep yo. Add his goals with that of Jesus multiply it by 3 and tell us how many it amounts to and let's compare with Lewa and Kimmich

Pep is languishing in 4th having outspent his rivals in a league Carlo won at his 1st attempt, Pellegrini did the same and you are telling us tales by moonlight. How do you define improvement? What has City improved at? They are still 4th, were knocked out in the 2nd round of the CL, Compare to Carlo who is in the same position as Pep in the league, facing the same Madrid albeit at an earlier round. What exactly has Pep done better?

In what warped alternative universe can anyone attach improvement to what Pep is doing at City. He is even benching the keeper he used his own koro koro hands to buy after causing a needless crisis in goal
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

Did you lose to City ahome? No. That 3-2 was away after you led 2-0 and then got the red card. That is why YOU pardoned him. Besides you had qualified and City had not. I have made my point clear about BATE BORISOV and co. The only thing I will touch here is the BBC and Alonso etc debate.

Yes Alonso, Vidal, Thiago are better than Casemiro, Kroos and Modric. Now because you lost you won't see it but when you were spinning them dizzy with sleek passes first half and dominating the midfield you did not see that those kids of Madrid were the sons of the Bayern midfield. So much so that Zidane made CR7 and Bale sit deep to help weather the storm.

As per BBC and Robben, Ribery and Muller I stand by what I said. BBC have not exactly been in form. They could not beat Dortmund and the Bayern trio made light work of Dortmund. CR7 is not much of a winger anymore and what exactly did Bale do all game except Mark Ribery?

This is not just about referencing pundits. I watch games deeply especially when I am interested in the outcome. Alonso maybe 35 years old but he never played football by running up and down so his age does not matter except someone pacy was trying to run past him. Vidal is a B2B midfielder and he frustrated Casemiro in the first half. Thiago Alcantra has been a revelation not only this season but even before barring injuries. He was swallowing Kroos in the first half.

Kroos, Modric and Casemiro came into the fray in the 2nd half and Kroos said why: "we noticed that Bayern don't press you all game like they used to under Pep". That was why they could overwhelm Bayern and then Javi picked the red card which showed that Carlo had no plan B.
Bros we lost to City at HOME under Pep. If you don't know you don't have to argue.

You have not given a cogent reason as to why Vidal, Thiago and Alonso (35) are better than Casemiro, Modric and Kroos. Ohh so you agree we dominated in the 1st half. What makes Bayern's midfield better than CL winning Madrid who are also topping their league this year. A league good enough to produce 3 quarterfinalists

BBC have combined for 2 CL's in just 3 years and you are talking about form. Why have Barcelona, Atleti and co failed to overtake them if their form is so poor. Did it occur to you that Bale marking Ribery might have been his brief you know as an ex fullback

I am telling you for the umpteenth time stop bringing up group stage games. They prove nothing.

You claimed a few posts ago that Carlo's tactics didn't work yet you are now here gushing about how our midfield outplayed Madrid. Did you expect Bayern to dominate Real Madrid the entire 90 mins? Is that humanly possible?

What does speed have to do with when a player just has to retire out of old age. How fast is Xavi? Why isn't he still at Barca. This your story no dey add up.

Pressing? Shebi this same Kroos was at Bayern when we lost 4-0. Madrid that didn't press all game why didn't they lose? Orisisisi
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sebod(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
I think we can rest from Airmark's wahala for a while as Eruditor don hijack A40 grin

How una dey take write and read all these epistles self
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2017
A40:

Naa, 2-1 or 3-2 would do just fine.

Nobody is spinning anything. Nobody is giving excuses. You are imagining things. Costa fresh out of knee injury, let's rush him in the game so he can get injured again.

As mad as most Bayern fans were at the time nobody really slaughtered Pep till after the World cup when we saw what Bayern players were capable of.

Lol e say na big picture. So why are you here after one leg? If we go on to win the treble or CL under Carlo what would the hootin and hollerin have been about? This na real confusion. And before you reply for Pep at City remember say na una start am

If Gündogan was fit? Gündogan? I'm sleep yo. Add his goals with that of Jesus multiply it by 3 and tell us how many it amounts to and let's compare with Lewa and Kimmich

Pep is languishing in 4th having outspent his rivals in a league Carlo won at his 1st attempt, Pellegrini did the same and you are telling us tales by moonlight. How do you define improvement? What has City improved at? They are still 4th, were knocked out in the 2nd round of the CL, Compare to Carlo who is in the same position as Pep in the league, facing the same Madrid albeit at an earlier round. What exactly has Pep done better?

In what warped alternative universe can anyone attach improvement to what Pep is doing at City. He is even benching the keeper he used his own koro koro hands to buy after causing a needless crisis in goal

So Neuer was not rushed back?

The fact is you understand my point but there is an inexplicable mist that is preventing you from accepting something so clear as day that your responses are ebbing almost away from common sense.

All the hypotheticals are adding a tiring sensation to your posts. Everything I am saying is based on status quo. I expected you to be as frontal with Carlo as you were with Pep but the excuses are sounding conjectured. For instance, if Lewa and Vidal got injured after their 5th game this season will anyone be amiss to say Bayern missed their contributions? What will be your response to someone who said Lewa + Vidal is not up to the goals CR7 scored when both players in question only played 5 games before their injury?

So Ferguson and Mancini that did not win the EPL in their first seasons are failures? What sort of illogic is that? Like I said, this discourse has veered off too far from Carlo and Bayern so I would leave all the excesses on City for the sake of the central issue which is- in every angle, as far as Bayern is concerned under Carlo so far they have underwhelmed in many instances including losing to RM ahome in an important game. I am curious as to why instead of placing the club above any individual and scathing Carlo as you did Pep you are almost imagining reasons to let him off. It simply shows (and even though it is your prerogative) that a lot of the bashing-punditry that one or two directed toward Pep here was emotive piffle. I think my point has been made.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

All those comments about maiguard are unnecessary because this is not airmark arguing with you.

Next time dont put my moniker in your post, stay on your lane. You dont need to waste words putting me in your katikati posts, when essential points are there for you to go straight to.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
A40:

Bros we lost to City at HOME under Pep. If you don't know you don't have to argue.

You have not given a cogent reason as to why Vidal, Thiago and Alonso (35) are better than Casemiro, Modric and Kroos. Ohh so you agree we dominated in the 1st half. What makes Bayern's midfield better than CL winning Madrid who are also topping their league this year. A league good enough to produce 3 quarterfinalists

BBC have combined for 2 CL's in just 3 years and you are talking about form. Why have Barcelona, Atleti and co failed to overtake them if their form is so poor. Did it occur to you that Bale marking Ribery might have been his brief you know as an ex fullback

I am telling you for the umpteenth time stop bringing up group stage games. They prove nothing.

You claimed a few posts ago that Carlo's tactics didn't work yet you are now here gushing about how our midfield outplayed Madrid. Did you expect Bayern to dominate Real Madrid the entire 90 mins? Is that humanly possible?

What does speed have to do with when a player just has to retire out of old age. How fast is Xavi? Why isn't he still at Barca. This your story no dey add up.

Pressing? Shebi this same Kroos was at Bayern when we lost 4-0. Madrid that didn't press all game why didn't they lose? Orisisisi

See the arguments about the players? You are the one who is almost dancing palongo. Even if you wanted to use trophies- Alonso, Alcantra and Vidal have numerous league titles, a world cup, Euro, 2 Copa Americas, UCLs etc between them. I am now getting a tad disappointed because I am getting the sense that you are arguing for the sake of it. WTF is a Casemiro, Kroos and Modric combo compared to them?

Why are you asking me about if Bayern dominated the midfield in the first half? Did I ever disagree that they did? Was Pep not dominating games against RM?

So BBC winning 2 UCLs in 3 years means they were in form going into this game? Reconcile the logic that produced this statement please. CR7 0 goals in 11hrs UCL wise. In the league, can't remember when last he scored. Same for Bale and to some degree Benzema. Robben and Ribery just caused serious havoc to Dortmund a few days before and they are not in form? Müller's season just started making sense in the last few games. Whoever is posting through this moniker needs to give it back to the real A40 please.

Yes I said I expected you to say Carlo's tactics did not work the way you blamed Pep when RM scored from 2 set pieces. I am surprised I still have to explain to you that I am here to show you that what you criticized Pep for, you are willing to let Carlo off the hook so easily for.

Madrid did not need to dominate. Luck shone on their way and they scored 2 goals from Ramos headers making the tie 3-0. Now Bayern must come out to play without caution and Madrid scored another goal from a counter attack. The whole tactics was upturned by 2 early Sergio Ramos goals. You knew all these but blamed Pep and now I am asking you to blame Carlo too or accept that these things could happen and you are doing neither but instead bringing Pep up in City.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
airmark:

Next time dont put my moniker in your post, stay on your lane. You dont need to waste words putting me in your katikati posts, when essential points are there for you to go straight to.

Perhaps you read me wrong. You and him are used to exchanging acerbic posts between yourselves because you are friends and I am telling him he does not need to go down that lane with me. If you saw it as an insult, I apologize as it was unintended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
http://www.bayerncentral.com/2017/04/cornered-beat-real-madrid-champions-league/

The impact of the coach

Naturally, there will be more post-mortem pieces like this between now and the second leg in Madrid. Some observers have noticed that some of us who had been liberal in their scathing of Pep Guardiola have been rather quiet about Carlo Ancelotti. This isn’t really fair.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

I already accepted that Pep is a fraud who messed things up in Bayern. I am now asking you if Carlo is one too because he is not outdoing Pep.

All those comments about maiguard are unnecessary because this is not airmark arguing with you. Apart from the question about who Milan added being pleonastic to the discourse, it will not make your case for you as they had won the UCL only the season before. But for Pete's sake they added Pato, Emerson, Aubemayang these names I reeled off the top. I am sure they got a defender or 2. So if you are going to excuse them again you can not with a straight face make a case against City.

CFC just became elite like 4 seasons ago. That is when they started getting into top draws in the UCL. I cannot talk about AFC as you would know about their reputation considering you used to be a fan. What I won't do though is debate City vs PSG as I am sure you know better and are only trolling. But let me again assume you are not joking: PSG are the Manchester United of France; most successful in trophies. So are you still asking me how City measures up with them in terms of pedigree? They have won more trophies than City from last 3 years into 2017. They have played more UCL games and won more in the same time span. They have scored more goals, and gotten to more KO rounds than City. City is like Leicester to them. Let me stop here.

Irrelevant group stage result? Beating Barca? Needing the win to qualify for the next stage? Hahahaha.

Did City not sign Mangala, Otamendi, Bony, KDB, Sterling etc before? Why did Pellegrini finish 4th with lower points than Pep? If you do not see the work he has begun in City that is fine. He is a fraud. Ancelotti in Bayern is not doing any better. He won with Ramirez? Ok. He got sacked too with Ramirez but this is not about Carlo in CFC. What has he done to Bayern? Answer on marble.

No Pep lost 4-0 in Munchen. Also lost 4-1 to Wolfsburg. Lost 4-0 to Barca with City too. All distractions. Pep is a fraud. How is Carlo the non-fraud doing?

I mentioned a game to show you a relatively inexperienced Arsenal side beat Milan 2-0 in San Siro. You mention Lehman. I remind you Lehman did not play in San siro then you say I want you to ignore the Emirates game when I had already told you Arsenal did not win that game. They won in San siro. So try again mate.

No I am not judging Carlo after one game. I have consistently told you I like him and want him to atleast beat RM (for obvious reasons). My problem is when Pep lost the same game you blamed him solely for it but now that Carlo has lost at the Allianz, you are making excuses for him. That is my grouse. It is with each excuse you raise that it now appears I am judging Carlo when I am not.

Whether Ajax lacked experience is immaterial? Good. Whether Monaco lacked experience is immaterial too. Now let us go back to Carlo and Bayern. grin

LOL abeg wetin concern Kolarov concern anything? You wanted to justify how aged players can falter and you sited Iniesta. I simply told you that Iniesta can still produce more if utilised properly. I do not know how Kolarov got into this. If Ribery and Robben did not perform against RM - IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF THEIR AGE. That is the point I am making. You ought to agree that Carlo did not utilise them well. That is exactly what you would have said about Pep. I am surprised you are still not getting it.

I remember when you said Pep hurt Gotze's career and your fellow Bayern fan had to point out that Gotze was not used by Carlo and how he has not set the world on fire in Dortmund. I also remember how someone had to show you that Kimmich was Pep's creation. How Boateng, Muller, Costa, Coman have all dropped form under Carlo. How Bayern have scored less goals and lost more.

So as you can see, I am here to remind you again that when RM beat Pep and Bayern 4-0 I came here to tell you things went uncontrollably wrong and that it was not his fault. If you go online, you would see an excerpt from a book written about Pep's time in Bayern especially against RM. How the setpieces hurt but more so, how he let the players do what they wanted in the 2nd leg. How he defended them and took the blame (even when he knew he planned to use 3-4-3 on the day and they had trained with it, but they wanted to try out the Jupp way so he let them and it backfired etc). You wanted to hear nothing of it. You said Carlo would have done better and not lost ahome to RM. So I am here to show you Carlo lost ahome to RM.

Let us get things into perspective because I don't want to veer off any more into City and Barca etc. Just limit it to Carlo's time in Bayern. Thanks.
Are you expecting Carlo to win the exact same number of points Pep did, because unless Carlo finishes 2nd your argument is hardly relevant. My adjudging Pep a fraud is not on the back of 1 season at Bayern afterall did you see me calling him fraud after the Madrid loss. Besides Carlo has never paraded himself to be some tactical savior or genius anyway. I am going with the assumption that you know what a fraud actually means

Pato, Emerson, Aubameyang. Hahahahaha are those the signings an aging team trying to defend a CL title should make? Did you know Pato and Aubameyang in 2008? You played yourself by even attempting to list those guys. Now compare to Pep who bought Stones, Bravo, Gundogan, Nolito, Sane, Jesus to a CL semi winning team and couldnt get past Monaco and is still marooned in 4th. You don't have a prayer

CFC became elite four seasons ago? Man you need a history lesson. The same Chelsea who as at 2009 had played 5 CL semis, a Final and should have gotten to another one if not for Ovrebo is who you are claiming just became elite in 2013? You are making me lose appetite for this debate

PSG are the Man United of France. I can also say Cotonsport Garoua is the Man United of Cameroon. When was the last time a French side got to a CL final? Mexico sef is the Man United and Brazil of CONCACAF. Pedigree ko F5 ni. A team with only 1 CL semifinal to its name. They have played more CL games? Lmaoo have they played as many games or scored as many goals as Arsenal? Either way you spin it sha your goose is cooked because it means Pellegrini beat PSG with an inferior side. Another fail for Fraudiola.

Person finish 4th you say he get higher points, Like pikin wey no know book but you say he get fine handwriting. Carlo is on course to at the very worst match Pep unless he fails to win the DFB Pokal. Can we call Carlo a fraud? I might call him that if he fails to get to a CL Final at Bayern after 3 seasons. City's signings got to a semifinal its in their history. Fraudiola outspent all his rivals in the league. He is 4th! Went to Europe lost to small boys from Monaco.Chai

There was a 1st leg. That first leg formed the basis for Arsenal not needing a win in the 2nd leg to advance. Lehmann, Gallas, Toure were some of the experienced heads that helped Arsenal keep a clean sheet against an aging Milan side. Hell Almunia played in a CL Final FFS

Because both games had different circumstances. You admitted we dominated the game and an objective mind would tell the game was balanced till the sending off. This did not happen with Pep

Ajax as a collective had achieved more than Monaco. They were captained by a multiple CL winner. I threw the immaterial line to end that chapter

Iniesta can still produce? A player that went a full year without a goal or assist not too long ago. You are in LA-LA land if you think Iniesta is not going downhill from here. Father time is undefeated

Age is a factor but not the sole reason Robbery did not perform. I have been screaming for Bayern to get wing forwards for quite a while now. However the stick most Bayern fans used to flog Pep was not ROBBERY's utilization but our defensive organization and our tedious and predictable build up play which is a far cry from how we were set up under Jupp, Stop imagining things

Boateng suffered adductor injuries at the Euros, injured his shoulder and you are talking about how his form dropped under Carlo. Costa shone for half a season last season and vanished in the new year and you are claiming his form dropped under Carlo. When would you people stop lying?

Hahaha Pep gets credit for inventing the false 9, building Messi but no blame for mismanaging Goetze's talent. Hehehehe

You defended the players, took blame only for you to reveal that the players made you switch your tactics in your book. I now see why Zlatan wanted to slap his face into next week. He changed his tactics because the players said so? I have never heard such hogwash in my life. In the subsequent seasons teams have been using his desired tactics what has been the result?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

See the arguments about the players? You are the one who is almost dancing palongo. Even if you wanted to use trophies- Alonso, Alcantra and Vidal have numerous league titles, a world cup, Euro, 2 Copa Americas, UCLs etc between them. I am now getting a tad disappointed because I am getting the sense that you are arguing for the sake of it. WTF is a Casemiro, Kroos and Modric combo compared to them?

Why are you asking me about if Bayern dominated the midfield in the first half? Did I ever disagree that they did? Was Pep not dominating games against RM?

So BBC winning 2 UCLs in 3 years means they were in form going into this game? Reconcile the logic that produced this statement please. CR7 0 goals in 11hrs UCL wise. In the league, can't remember when last he scored. Same for Bale and to some degree Benzema. Robben and Ribery just caused serious havoc to Dortmund a few days before and they are not in form? Müller's season just started making sense in the last few games. Whoever is posting through this moniker needs to give it back to the real A40 please.

Yes I said I expected you to say Carlo's tactics did not work the way you blamed Pep when RM scored from 2 set pieces. I am surprised I still have to explain to you that I am here to show you that what you criticized Pep for, you are willing to let Carlo off the hook so easily for.

Madrid did not need to dominate. Luck shone on their way and they scored 2 goals from Ramos headers making the tie 3-0. Now Bayern must come out to play without caution and Madrid scored another goal from a counter attack. The whole tactics was upturned by 2 early Sergio Ramos goals. You knew all these but blamed Pep and now I am asking you to blame Carlo too or accept that these things could happen and you are doing neither but instead bringing Pep up in City.
Alonso is 35. If age does not matter Zidane would still be playing, Alcantara played no role in Barca's CL win, Modric and Kroos have two CL titles between them. And most importantly are still in their prime age or at least a good age for a CM.

You say WTF is a Casemiro, Modric and Kroos combo? Well that combo are the defending CL, Super cup, Club world cup and La Liga table leaders. Unless you show a midfield trio operating at that frequency right now then just do like The Roots and don't say Nothing

Dominance that actually led to a goal and a PK

Is Suarez in form? Shey players can't go through droughts over the course of a season because your arguments are borderline confusing now. Aguero struggled with his form at City should we blame that on Pep like your gang are trying to pin Boateng and Costa's form on Carlo. Robbery causing havoc vs Dortmund does not make them favorites going into a tie vs BBC. Didn't Steph Curry struggle at certain points in the regular season?

Carlo's tactics did not tell Javi Martinez to pick two bookings in 5 minutes. One can tell the difference between picking senseless bookings and tactics gone south. And also FYI conceding from setpieces is also sort of an indictment on the coaching, in the previous round Man U also scored from setpieces.

Did you watch the first 15 mins of that match? Did you think the corners and free kicks came from space? I would bring up Pep at City when I sense you are trying to be intellectually dishonest.

All this grammar is unneccessary sef till Tuesday tbh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
Eruditor:

So Neuer was not rushed back?

The fact is you understand my point but there is an inexplicable mist that is preventing you from accepting something so clear as day that your responses are ebbing almost away from common sense.

All the hypotheticals are adding a tiring sensation to your posts. Everything I am saying is based on status quo. I expected you to be as frontal with Carlo as you were with Pep but the excuses are sounding conjectured. For instance, if Lewa and Vidal got injured after their 5th game this season will anyone be amiss to say Bayern missed their contributions? What will be your response to someone who said Lewa + Vidal is not up to the goals CR7 scored when both players in question only played 5 games before their injury?

So Ferguson and Mancini that did not win the EPL in their first seasons are failures? What sort of illogic is that? Like I said, this discourse has veered off too far from Carlo and Bayern so I would leave all the excesses on City for the sake of the central issue which is- in every angle, as far as Bayern is concerned under Carlo so far they have underwhelmed in many instances including losing to RM ahome in an important game. I am curious as to why instead of placing the club above any individual and scathing Carlo as you did Pep you are almost imagining reasons to let him off. It simply shows (and even though it is your prerogative) that a lot of the bashing-punditry that one or two directed toward Pep here was emotive piffle. I think my point has been made.
Anybody that watched that game can understand why Neuer was rushed back. Also you can't compare a goalkeeper who covers less ground to an outfield player, a winger for that matter who needs to cover a lot of ground while dealing with a Knee injury. That I have to explain all this can be very frustrating

What is the rationale behind mentioning a Gundogan that had been injured since October? Why would I be talking about Vidal and Lewa getting injured in August when you have time to tweak your formation, buy players and what not. How do you compare that to a player that missed a game on the eve of it. When that player has scored almost 60per cent of your goals. Both are bad but one is significantly worse than the other. I don't believe I have to be explaining this to any experienced pundit

Ferguson and Mancini did not outspend their rivals Uncle!! If Pep is sacked tomorrow his stay in England would have been adjudged a failure. Emi o raye ejo. That is the fact on ground.

As for Carlo when I have seen sufficient reason to attack him I will. When Pep was hired you no defend him signing reach me so cool down well well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 12:49am On Apr 15, 2017
A40:

Are you expecting Carlo to win the exact same number of points Pep did, because unless Carlo finishes 2nd your argument is hardly relevant. My adjudging Pep a fraud is not on the back of 1 season at Bayern afterall did you see me calling him fraud after the Madrid loss. Besides Carlo has never paraded himself to be some tactical savior or genius anyway. I am going with the assumption that you know what a fraud actually means

Pato, Emerson, Aubameyang. Hahahahaha are those the signings an aging team trying to defend a CL title should make? Did you know Pato and Aubameyang in 2008? You played yourself by even attempting to list those guys. Now compare to Pep who bought Stones, Bravo, Gundogan, Nolito, Sane, Jesus to a CL semi winning team and couldnt get past Monaco and is still marooned in 4th. You don't have a prayer

CFC became elite four seasons ago? Man you need a history lesson. The same Chelsea who as at 2009 had played 5 CL semis, a Final and should have gotten to another one if not for Ovrebo is who you are claiming just became elite in 2013? You are making me lose appetite for this debate

PSG are the Man United of France. I can also say Cotonsport Garoua is the Man United of Cameroon. When was the last time a French side got to a CL final? Mexico sef is the Man United and Brazil of CONCACAF. Pedigree ko F5 ni. A team with only 1 CL semifinal to its name. They have played more CL games? Lmaoo have they played as many games or scored as many goals as Arsenal? Either way you spin it sha your goose is cooked because it means Pellegrini beat PSG with an inferior side. Another fail for Fraudiola.

Person finish 4th you say he get higher points, Like pikin wey no know book but you say he get fine handwriting. Carlo is on course to at the very worst match Pep unless he fails to win the DFB Pokal. Can we call Carlo a fraud? I might call him that if he fails to get to a CL Final at Bayern after 3 seasons. City's signings got to a semifinal its in their history. Fraudiola outspent all his rivals in the league. He is 4th! Went to Europe lost to small boys from Monaco.Chai

There was a 1st leg. That first leg formed the basis for Arsenal not needing a win in the 2nd leg to advance. Lehmann, Gallas, Toure were some of the experienced heads that helped Arsenal keep a clean sheet against an aging Milan side. Hell Almunia played in a CL Final FFS

Because both games had different circumstances. You admitted we dominated the game and an objective mind would tell the game was balanced till the sending off. This did not happen with Pep

Ajax as a collective had achieved more than Monaco. They were captained by a multiple CL winner. I threw the immaterial line to end that chapter

Iniesta can still produce? A player that went a full year without a goal or assist not too long ago. You are in LA-LA land if you think Iniesta is not going downhill from here. Father time is undefeated

Age is a factor but not the sole reason Robbery did not perform. I have been screaming for Bayern to get wing forwards for quite a while now. However the stick most Bayern fans used to flog Pep was not ROBBERY's utilization but our defensive organization and our tedious and predictable build up play which is a far cry from how we were set up under Jupp, Stop imagining things

Boateng suffered adductor injuries at the Euros, injured his shoulder and you are talking about how his form dropped under Carlo. Costa shone for half a season last season and vanished in the new year and you are claiming his form dropped under Carlo. When would you people stop lying?

Hahaha Pep gets credit for inventing the false 9, building Messi but no blame for mismanaging Goetze's talent. Hehehehe

You defended the players, took blame only for you to reveal that the players made you switch your tactics in your book. I now see why Zlatan wanted to slap his face into next week. He changed his tactics because the players said so? I have never heard such hogwash in my life. In the subsequent seasons teams have been using his desired tactics what has been the result?

Carlo has lost more games, scored less goals and now add the RM loss.

This is what is very intellectually dishonest- Pato, Aubemayang were signed at the same age as Sane and Gabriel. There are other names like Ibrahim ba etc. They were added to City (4th and Semis) same as Milan (3rd and Winners) but somehow Milan should be allowed to finish 5th and 2nd round to inferior AFC while City should finish first and win the UCL. I can keep doing this but you would keep changing the terms and conditions.

I cannot believe you are asking me when last a french team got to a final as your defence of the City /PSG argument. So because CFC got to a final in 2012 Leicester is elite? Or because ATM got to a final, Sevilla is elite in the CL? SMH

I have just shown you that PSG is the most decorated team in France. The richest. Only 1 of 2 french teams to win anything in Europe. Have been seeded top team in Europe between 1994-98. What is in Man City's 2-page history?

And Yes CFC was only recently treated as a Pot 1 team going by the old rules. I remembered Mou complaining in 2007 or so that CFC had consistently gotten to the semis since 2003/04 yet they kept getting into Pot 2 and facing Barcelona and co in the group stages while AFC were always in Pot 1. It was a few years after that they became a Pot 1 team. I only hazarded a guess and said 4 years because they were UEFA champs in 2012. If they got topseeded it did not happen earlier than 2007.

See what I mean? Now you have gone to first leg as if Milan could not have drawn the 2nd leg 0-0. And what about Almunia? A back-up keeper comes on because Lehman is red carded...I am lost like what is happening here? Aging Milan that won the UCL only a year before? grin grin

Game was balanced till the sending off? Hahahaha. So the tie was not balanced until Ramos scored 2 headers against the run of play?

Ajax experience must always be juxtaposed with the team they played against which is Milan. That is how you can compare Monaco to City. Milan was far more experienced than Ajax and still lost. RM far more experienced than Porto and still lost. So the experience talk for City is dead and buried.

I am not debating Iniesta. Thanks.

Where did I mention Pep and utillization? You are the one imagining things. I am showing you that Robben and co did not play as well as they did against AFC and Dortmund. What is your defence of Carlo for this? What are you now changing topic for by bringing Jupp, defense and predictability.

Hahaha. I am laughing hard @ Costa and Boateng. I can bring comments of fellow Bayern fans echoing the same statements I made but no need.

Ok he mismanaged Gotze? Fine. Carlo nko? Since Pep is a fraud. Carlo and Tuchel?

But he beat Barca and ATM (Simeone called the hardest tie of his career) or the teams played rubbish in those games?

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2017
A40:

Alonso is 35. If age does not matter Zidane would still be playing, Alcantara played no role in Barca's CL win, Modric and Kroos have two CL titles between them. And most importantly are still in their prime age or at least a good age for a CM.

You say WTF is a Casemiro, Modric and Kroos combo? Well that combo are the defending CL, Super cup, Club world cup and La Liga table leaders. Unless you show a midfield trio operating at that frequency right now then just do like The Roots and don't say Nothing

Dominance that actually led to a goal and a PK

Is Suarez in form? Shey players can't go through droughts over the course of a season because your arguments are borderline confusing now. Aguero struggled with his form at City should we blame that on Pep like your gang are trying to pin Boateng and Costa's form on Carlo. Robbery causing havoc vs Dortmund does not make them favorites going into a tie vs BBC. Didn't Steph Curry struggle at certain points in the regular season?

Carlo's tactics did not tell Javi Martinez to pick two bookings in 5 minutes. One can tell the difference between picking senseless bookings and tactics gone south. And also FYI conceding from setpieces is also sort of an indictment on the coaching, in the previous round Man U also scored from setpieces.

Did you watch the first 15 mins of that match? Did you think the corners and free kicks came from space? I would bring up Pep at City when I sense you are trying to be intellectually dishonest.

All this grammar is unneccessary sef till Tuesday tbh

Alonso has 3UCL final appearances. He has won 2. A world cup, 2 Euros. Alcantara played a game for Barca in the 10/11 UCL tell another tale. He won 4 La ligas. Also won super cup and world club cup plus a Euro trophy. Vidal won titles with Juve and Chile. And they are bundesliga table leaders. This combination is what you are comparing to Casemiro (coming back from a loan to Porto, Modric and Kroos)?. No way. Spin another tale.

Dominance that led to a loss.

I do not understand what Pep has to do with anything in my post and that you are responding to. Another distraction I have to ignore. Robben and Ribery causing Havoc against Dortmund totally places them as favorites ahome (where they have not lost since 2014 in the UCL) against a BBC that had not scored in almost forever.

Sure conceding from setpieces is an indictment on the coach but conceding a goal by CR7 which then forces Bayern to come out to get another goal thus allowing Madrid to counter-attack which necessitated Javi's fouls on CR7 (To stop the counter attack) is not an indictment on the coach. grin

Did Madrid 2 days ago not have like 3 corners in the first half too? Did they not have freekicks too?

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Eruditor: 1:34am On Apr 15, 2017
A40:

Anybody that watched that game can understand why Neuer was rushed back. Also you can't compare a goalkeeper who covers less ground to an outfield player, a winger for that matter who needs to cover a lot of ground while dealing with a Knee injury. That I have to explain all this can be very frustrating

What is the rationale behind mentioning a Gundogan that had been injured since October? Why would I be talking about Vidal and Lewa getting injured in August when you have time to tweak your formation, buy players and what not. How do you compare that to a player that missed a game on the eve of it. When that player has scored almost 60per cent of your goals. Both are bad but one is significantly worse than the other. I don't believe I have to be explaining this to any experienced pundit

Ferguson and Mancini did not outspend their rivals Uncle!! If Pep is sacked tomorrow his stay in England would have been adjudged a failure. Emi o raye ejo. That is the fact on ground.

As for Carlo when I have seen sufficient reason to attack him I will. When Pep was hired you no defend him signing reach me so cool down well well

LOL. I am not astonished that Neuer was rushed back. You claimed Carlo did not want to rush Costa back as your excuse for defending him for starting an older Ribery. And I am adducing Neuer's rushed return as a reason your excuse does not work. If Carlo was confident in Costa as he was in Neuer he would have rushed him back. Lewa will be rushed back as well on Tuesday even though he will cover a lot of ground with an aching shoulder.

In otherwords Carlo started who he trusted and your constant reference to Ribery's age won't work.

I have not contested Lewa's importance because I saw what he could do before he got injured. In the same way I can make the same argument for Gundogan and Jesus before they got injured. Tweak anything you want to tweak, the replacement for Lewa will not be as good because at the moment, he is the best at what he does. You make the argument for Carlo but are quick to talk about Pep's signings. Forgetting that Sané started off injured- same as Gundogan who played for a bit then packed up for the rest of the season. Jesus came in January and got injured 4 games in. 3 of these players account for almost £100M that he spent.

Fergie and Mancini? Hahahahahahahaha. Don't go there they outspent everyone.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-mancini-faces-325m-manchester-859046.amp

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 2:36am On Apr 15, 2017
sebod:
I think we can rest from Airmark's wahala for a while as Eruditor don hijack A40 grin

How una dey take write and read all these epistles self

I have declared tomorrow, reading day. That stvpid ajakaja40 can type 1000 jargons per minute from morning to night. The energy needed to satisfy lola is what he is using to disturb everyone on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2017
grin grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by TeflonBlixx: 9:58am On Apr 15, 2017
Na wa o. . grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by elrony(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2017
"Energy needed to satisfy Lola" grin grin grin grin

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Roland17(m): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
Bayern better sell Muller to any team that offers anything higher than 20 million. Another lackluster performance, buttressed by his lack of confidence in front of goal.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Earth2Metahuman: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Bayern struggling against 10men leverkusen

Seriously, this team is going down public toilet.
It needs serious overhauling.

Can't believe they cut my ticket again
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by sebod(m): 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
airmark:

I have declared tomorrow, reading day. That stvpid ajakaja40 can type 1000 jargons per minute from morning to night. The energy needed to satisfy lola is what he is using to disturb everyone on nairaland.
grin grin grin

I just have to be scrolling to see any moniker different from the two...
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:42am On Apr 17, 2017
Eruditor:
http://www.bayerncentral.com/2017/04/cornered-beat-real-madrid-champions-league/

The impact of the coach

Naturally, there will be more post-mortem pieces like this between now and the second leg in Madrid. Some observers have noticed that some of us who had been liberal in their scathing of Pep Guardiola have been rather quiet about Carlo Ancelotti. This isn’t really fair.

A coach can guide, coax, cajole and encourage, but he cannot take a penalty for you.

In last night’s match, Carlo Ancelotti could only do so much. Everything had been running smoothly until Vidal’s penalty attempt. Short of stepping onto the pitch and taking the spot kick himself, there was nothing he could do about it. Likewise with the second yellow card shown to Javi Martínez. Yes, it would have been magical had Carletto been able to run out onto the pitch and hold down Javi’s flailing boot. Ronaldo would have just jumped over him, Bayern would have still had eleven men on the pitch, and we still could have won the game.

Once a team is down to ten men, there’s nothing many coaches can do against a team like Real Madrid. Even an experienced man-manager like Ancelotti.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
Lewy and Hummels traveled with the team today, particularly, Lewy said he's fit.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
Hummels and Boateng doubtful for tomorrows game

Meaning maybe we will see Alaba and Kimmich vs Benzema and Ronaldo
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 18, 2017
Madrid crashing out today will be my greatest joy but I doubt if Bayern would be able to turn things around at the Bernabeu.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2017
raumdeuter:
Hummels and Boateng doubtful for tomorrows game

Meaning maybe we will see Alaba and Kimmich vs Benzema and Ronaldo

There's nothing special about the players u mentioned above.. If Modric, Kroos and Marcelo can be pocketed well, Ronaldo and Benzema will be as useless as an empty pure water nylon.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Eruditor:

LOL. I am not astonished that Neuer was rushed back. You claimed Carlo did not want to rush Costa back as your excuse for defending him for starting an older Ribery. And I am adducing Neuer's rushed return as a reason your excuse does not work. If Carlo was confident in Costa as he was in Neuer he would have rushed him back. Lewa will be rushed back as well on Tuesday even though he will cover a lot of ground with an aching shoulder.

In otherwords Carlo started who he trusted and your constant reference to Ribery's age won't work.

I have not contested Lewa's importance because I saw what he could do before he got injured. In the same way I can make the same argument for Gundogan and Jesus before they got injured. Tweak anything you want to tweak, the replacement for Lewa will not be as good because at the moment, he is the best at what he does. You make the argument for Carlo but are quick to talk about Pep's signings. Forgetting that Sané started off injured- same as Gundogan who played for a bit then packed up for the rest of the season. Jesus came in January and got injured 4 games in. 3 of these players account for almost £100M that he spent.

Fergie and Mancini? Hahahahahahahaha. Don't go there they outspent everyone.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-mancini-faces-325m-manchester-859046.amp
I want to assume you know a bit about sports science else you wouldn't be comparing a goalie with ankle problems to a winger with knee issues. Lewa is healthy. He would have been rushed if he played last week. Even last weekend Costa was removed at the hour mark. Always compare like for like. In the hierarchy of injuries knee injuries are the most severe. I don't need to explain this to you

Gundogan was a permacrock at Dortmund anybody signing him and banking on his fitness clearly didn't do their homework. Sane has been around for more than half the season. The only notable absentee is Jesus and there is no evidence that suggests he would have outperformed Agüero. Stone and Bravo alone combined for almost £80m so you are essentially telling us Fraudiola has spent almost £200m with nothing to show

Fergie did not outspend anybody in his first season. Try another lie. Even the Mancini you listed you can clearly see the likes of Hughes and much earlier Eriksson contributed to that £320m warchest
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Eruditor:

Alonso has 3UCL final appearances. He has won 2. A world cup, 2 Euros. Alcantara played a game for Barca in the 10/11 UCL tell another tale. He won 4 La ligas. Also won super cup and world club cup plus a Euro trophy. Vidal won titles with Juve and Chile. And they are bundesliga table leaders. This combination is what you are comparing to Casemiro (coming back from a loan to Porto, Modric and Kroos)?. No way. Spin another tale.

Dominance that led to a loss.

I do not understand what Pep has to do with anything in my post and that you are responding to. Another distraction I have to ignore. Robben and Ribery causing Havoc against Dortmund totally places them as favorites ahome (where they have not lost since 2014 in the UCL) against a BBC that had not scored in almost forever.

Sure conceding from setpieces is an indictment on the coach but conceding a goal by CR7 which then forces Bayern to come out to get another goal thus allowing Madrid to counter-attack which necessitated Javi's fouls on CR7 (To stop the counter attack) is not an indictment on the coach. grin

Did Madrid 2 days ago not have like 3 corners in the first half too? Did they not have freekicks too?

Alonso is 35!! If we are going by your definition we might as well put Zidane on the pitch. A player is way past their prime and you are listing their laurels won? How does that influence actual performance on the pitch?
Alcantara played a game? Where did I say he didn't play a game? Tom Starke also played a game. Thiago left Barca because he was a spare tire. If he wasn't we wouldn't be able to afford him so stop listing trophies won as a benchwarmer. They make a mockery of your analysis. And which Euro did Thiago win oh? Egbami!!

Madrid are the best team in Europe this season, powered by that midfield. If you like keep holding on to past glory

Dortmund are not Madrid. Stop these amusing Papi Luwe comparisons. Only JJC analysts would put Bayern as favorites vs Madrid

Javi's fouls were out of self inflicted stupidity. Even the worst Anti Enrique person can identify a Mathieu or Andres Gomes blunder from tactical faux pas
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2017
airmark:

Olowo audio. You are just a phoolish and m0ronic individual. Airborne nuisance

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2017
Can't wait for him to do the needed. grin

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
TRendlona:

There's nothing special about the players u mentioned above.. If Modric, Kroos and Marcelo can be pocketed well, Ronaldo and Benzema will be as useless as an empty pure water nylon.

There's nothing special about Ronaldo? The current balloon dor winner?

So which players are special
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

There's nothing special about Ronaldo? The current balloon dor winner?

So which players are special

Ronaldo is a fantastic player no doubt abt that but the guy has depreciated. Modric, Kroos and Marcelo are the main guys that should be pocketed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (1042) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.