Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,876 members, 7,862,936 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Gov. Umahi Breaks Silence On 2023 Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Umahi Breaks Silence On 2023 Presidential Ambition (362 Views)

2023 Presidency: Umahi Breaks Silence, Says He Will Soon Retire From Politics / Tinubu Speaks On 2023 Presidential Ambition, Tells APC Members What To Do / Reno Omokri Mocks Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Breaks Silence On 2023 Presidential Ambition by HeWrites(m): 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, has dissociated himself from the purported inauguration of a campaign platform known as ‘Southeast for President 2023’, Igbere TV reports.

The governor in a statement by his spokesman, Emmanuel Uzor obtained by Igbere TV, described the inauguration of the group on Tuesday in Abakaliki, the state capital, as a distraction.

Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) had last week also proposed Umahi for President of Nigeria in 2023.

Umahi said he was more committed to delivering quality and purposeful leadership to the people of Ebonyi.

“The Governor was greatly embarrassed by the link to Presidential ambition of 2023 being circulated in various social media platforms and wishes to state that he will not be distracted by the various endorsements by groups and individuals who clamour for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction.

“Governor Umahi does not know the promoters of the platform and could not have contracted them to do the job but believes that any genuine and law abiding Nigerians reserve the right to go about their business as long as it doesn’t not impinge on laid down rules of the country.

“Let me say again, as a Nigerian and Igbo man and in my capacity as the Chairman of South East Governors Forum, I am not against the idea or agitation for Nigeria President of Igbo extraction but linking me to it at this time is mostly embarrassing, distracting and premature and I beg to be left out of it,” the statement said.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/795774/just-in-gov-umahi-breaks-silence-on-2023-presidential-ambition/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Gov. Umahi Breaks Silence On 2023 Presidential Ambition by Egalitarian1: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Ok o
Re: Gov. Umahi Breaks Silence On 2023 Presidential Ambition by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Sharp guy. Them wan help am full im cup so soon cheesy

(1) (Reply)

"My Second Term Will Be Better" – Gov. Yahaya Bello Says / Mild Drama As Horse Conveying Nigerian Bride And Her Dad, Refuses To Move(video) / Wife Of Kebbi Governor Voted First Lady Of The Year For Democracy Heroes Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.