Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi (36745 Views)

Debts: Borrowing Will Land Nigeria Into State Of Bankruptcy – Pastor Adeboye / Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by tstx(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
And you know this how?
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by mathew247: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
ZoneB people where una dey?
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by PHIPEX(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
I like Sanusi, in that he has a mind of his own. Though he has his excesses, he does not ass lick politicians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by MetaPhysical: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Emir Sanusi is a learned man, a cerebral and intelligent individual. His role as a King demands that he uses the intelligence to improve his immediate community and domain and bring about opportunities that will strenghten and move the society forward. Emir Sanusi however likes from time to time to dabble into national economy with suggestions for what to do to make improvements. It looks like Emir is caught in a state of inner confusion, a cross-road and not knowing whether he wants to be a traditional ruler or a secular academician. If he believes his talent is best suited to social engagements and innovations then he should abdicate his throne and go teach in a university or go head a corporation. At the moment many of the welfare programs in Kano are decayed or completely not even structured particularly to benefit children and women. That population need someone at the top and with capacity to protect and nurture their needs. Emir can respond and bring them out of neglect.... There are many economists to attend to the nation economy and risk of insolvency but there is only two that can help the people of Kano and the Emir is one of the two.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by abbaapple: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bet9ja55555355:
[color=#000000][/color]See Below

angry

This hungry Bet9ja guy will be short died believe me you! Your days are numbered! Wearing Army shirt Abi With your dirty ugly face! Spits
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by BigBizzy(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Who e dey tell na? No be them cast naija so
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by jadeliyi(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bbbwings:
Stfu and enjoy next level
America is in a trillion dollar debt.
And boy do they navigate around it by printing more money
Emeifele get to work.
the system of money does not really work like that, printing money is easy, but is maintaining it that easy? we dont have any thing we are manufacturing and selling to the world,
we have abundantacy of crud oil but we still have to buy petrol,kerosin et al.........

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by baby124: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Paroh:
Can someone please help me with SAT preparatory materials please? Also I'm a struggling student with virtually no support. Kindly assist in any way you can thank you very much
Go to USCIS office
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Soyinka711(f): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
You are One Time part of Nigeria problem
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by colbankz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
I Wa thinking it might happen when IFM in 2017 reported that our debt profile has risen and 70% of our revenue is used to service debt,the remaining 30% is halved which one part is used to pay public office holders and the remaining half used mainly for embarking on ELEPHANT PROJECTS. I weep for Naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Abkreizi: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
Richdad50:
And your solution is............oh I forgot it's only commentary. Silly boy

My solution is break the country into 8 have ambassadors from each province in abuja ... that way it is easier to govern
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Earthquake3: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
Stop mongering fear instead profer SOLUTIONS.

When does stating facts become mongering fear?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by chiedu7: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nija is finished
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Banmeallday: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
Abkreizi:

My solution is break the country into 8 have ambassadors from each province in abuja ... that way it is easier to govern

Breaking the colony yes.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Badonasty(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by MobilityExpress: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
This Emir again? Ganduje should do the needful grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by stagger: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
tactius:
EXACTLY

Finally, someone has the cojones to tell the truth.

I should point out that the Emir has been saying this for years (along with Okonjo Iweala, he backed GEJ in 2012 over subsidy removal).

The truth is, WE HAVE TO STOP PAYING SUBSIDES for power and electricity. Subsides have been going up because the number of Nigerians buying cars, generators, etc...is going up.

Subsides are also the reason why we cannot build new refienreis and attract investment in the downstream sector...as well as the power sector...because who is going to refine fuel at N165 (NNPC figures) and sell it below N150?? Who is going to come and invest in pwoer sector and be colecting bills at 30% the cost of power production??

Who is going to accept government that forces him or her to sell goods at a loss, and only pays you the difference between the government price and the price you bought the goods at?

And the cabals are being fuelled because quite simply...government polices force them to engage in sharp practices like smuggling fuel across the border to earn a profit...and make claims for products not improted.

Meanhwile, oil our major earner is at $80 and below. We need it at $140 per barrel to be able to run an economy WITHOUT BORROWING.

So, we have no choice. Subsidies must go. YES....we will be paying N300 and above for fuel (which by the way is what they pay in Niger, Cameroon, even Benin...and all these countries are as poor as we are...and Niger is even poorer...and they all produce oil). Yes, electricity bills will shoot up to N30000 and above per month for a one room apartment...but we haven't got any choice.

Our budget cannot sustain us.

So, let's face facts, YES....LET US FIGHT CORRUPTION AS WELL, LET APC STOP BEING PARTIAL....but the truth is SUBSIDY HAS TO GO...unless you got N20 TRILLION extra for Nigeria every year...somewhere.

In 2012....Nigerians foolishly rejected GEJ's good idea of removal of subsidy...partial yes...but better than not removing it. Thanks to that we missed out in investment...and in job creation, refinery building (yes...we could have had more refinereis built than just Dangote) and even sorting out the power problem.

Note...Any one quoting me to insult me, or curse me will be REPORTED TO THE MODS. You are free to disagree with me, but please be polite. Thank you

Yes, I disagree with your reasoning. In those countries you mentioned, do they have the kind of incessant blackouts that we have here which warrants people to be spending so much on petrol?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Abkreizi: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
Banmeallday:

Breaking the colony yes.....
Do you get my point?
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by runthingd(m): 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bbbwings:
Emeifele get to work.

How much is America's Revenue per annum, how much does their Revenue increase, and how much are they owing?
Apply same using our country as the case study, then you'll now have sense.
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
THIS MAN'S MOUTH IS HIS ALBATROSS.
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bbbwings:
Stfu and enjoy next level America is in a trillion dollar debt. And boy do they navigate around it by printing more money Emeifele get to work.
Forget the national debt bro. They've got a strong economy. What do you think?
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
DuBLINGreenb:
Stop mongering fear instead profer SOLUTIONS.

He has proposed a solution.

Stop subsidising fuel. Stop setting prices for electiricity power.

Allow marketers to set the price for fuel, and DISCOS to set the tarrif for electricity.

Meanwhile, government increases its savings as a result...because they are no longer throwing money on keeping petrol prices low, and electiricty prices low too.Some of that money can be spent on health, education, and public transport (railways)

This would long term attract more investors into the petroleum and electricity power sector...since government is no longer controlling prices in the name of subsidy, they would be able to make profits....which at the end of the day means more jobs, better power supply, no more fuel scarcity...more refineries, etc.

In the short term, prices of fuel would shoot up to above N200 or more. Fuel might be even more expensive in some parts of the country compared to other parts. Electricity bills too would shoot up...BUT ...as investment flows in, prices would eventually drop.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
Local man has been disgusted since 2015 embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by kinokano(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
Poverty rate in Nigeria
Copied.
Borno 99%
Kebbi 98%
Yobe 98%
Sokoto 96%
Jigawa 95%
Zamfara 95%
Katsina 94%
Gombe 93%
Adamawa 92%
Bauchi 91%
Taraba 88%
Kaduna 80%
Kano 75%
Kogi 66%
Nasarawa 55%
Plateau 46%
Abuja 35%
Osun 34%
Niger 33%
Ekiti 32%
Kwara 25%
Oyo 21%
Ondo 17%
Benue 15%
Eboyi 14%
Ogun 12%
Edo 11%
Beyelsa 10%
Cross river 10%
IMO 10%
Enugu 9%
Anambra 8%
Lagos 8%
Abia 8%
Delta 8%
Rivers 7%
Akwa Ibom 7%
Northern leaders have obviously failed their people but the Northern people themselves prefer to be living in penury as their leaders keep on deceiving them that power must remain in the North thereby enriching themselves VERY UNFORTUNATE.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by kinokano(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Poverty rate in Nigeria
Copied.
Borno 99%
Kebbi 98%
Yobe 98%
Sokoto 96%
Jigawa 95%
Zamfara 95%
Katsina 94%
Gombe 93%
Adamawa 92%
Bauchi 91%
Taraba 88%
Kaduna 80%
Kano 75%
Kogi 66%
Nasarawa 55%
Plateau 46%
Abuja 35%
Osun 34%
Niger 33%
Ekiti 32%
Kwara 25%
Oyo 21%
Ondo 17%
Benue 15%
Eboyi 14%
Ogun 12%
Edo 11%
Beyelsa 10%
Cross river 10%
IMO 10%
Enugu 9%
Anambra 8%
Lagos 8%
Abia 8%
Delta 8%
Rivers 7%
Akwa Ibom 7%
Northern leaders have obviously failed their people but the Northern people themselves prefer to be living in penury as their leaders keep on deceiving them that power must remain in the North thereby enriching themselves VERY UNFORTUNATE.
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Boyhood: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
Paroh:
Can someone please help me with SAT preparatory materials please? Also I'm a struggling student with virtually no support. Kindly assist in any way you can thank you very much

Check here,it may be of help
https://mobolajifolorunso.
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Lightening: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bbbwings:
Emeifele get to work.

Are you America? Do your roads, power, security, economy look like America's?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Samuelpluto: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bullshit!!!!!u aint talking about the politicians milking the country dry day in day out, u r complaining about how the masses milk the country in their own little way. F**cking hypocrites.
Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by armadeo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Na wa oh.

As we dey manage the only solution is more hardship.

First the executive and legislative need to cut down maximally on their finances. ( but will they) when clowns like dino are in the upper house.

Thier salaries and allowances shouldnt be more than 500k a month. After all many people earn less than that and go to work everyday, pay rent and school fees and feeding.

So what the hell are they doing to earn such largesse. Next thing is recess. Thier papa. Yes I said it thier papa.

Bastards

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria On The Verge Of Bankruptcy - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
stagger:

Yes, I disagree with your reasoning. In those countries you mentioned, do they have the kind of incessant blackouts that we have here which warrants people to be spending so much on petrol?

1.They don't have blackouts because their electricity companies charge bills that are above the production costs...meaning that they can afford to pay for improvements (They also punish power stealing...eg Benin and Ivory coast , and they meter everyone).

2.In Nigeria, not only do we have the fun situation of 6million out of 200million people paying for power...many of them owe NEPA, bypass meters and steal power. And then DISCOS cannot charge bills above production costs...meaning they don't have the cash to make things better.

3.On the fuel sector...because petrol is subsidised...NNPC cannot make a profit that would enable it to repair refineries and build new ones (See Venezuela....it sells fuel at N50, and as a result its refinereis are in a mess....no profit). No investor would want to come and build new refinereis because...zero profit...which means not only no investment in our refining capcity...but even in other sectors...like gas ...which is why we flare gas like there is no tomorrow.

4.If we removed subsides....it would mean high prices in the short term...but it would mean more investors would come in. (There were lots of investors ready to come in when PHCN was being unbundled into DISCOS...the palaver was government controlling prices , which means no profit)...who would invest their money in return for increasing profits...and at the end of the day not only do rpcies come down...but power supply would be much better..and there would even be expansion in generation and so on...and like for GSM...government won;t need to spend much.

And God knows I don't like the high price bit. But the truth is, if we want to subsidse everything..then oil has to go above $140 per barrel...and I know that's not happening in my lifetime.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce & Dino Melaye At Osinbajo's Building / Sunday Dare Urges Naira Marley Not Protest, Says The Issue Is being Addressed / 10 Takeaways From Wike’s Media Chat On PDP Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.