Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,421 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

The Lesson Of Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Lesson Of Life (312 Views)

The Lesson Of Life / Feeling Jaded? Here's How To Make Lemonades Out Of Life's Lemons / A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lesson Of Life by ChuckHaywizze(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
One truth that I have come to learn in this my stay here on earth this far,is that the process is more important than the goal.The journey is more important than the destination. When you want to travel for vacation, which is more important? The route, or the vacation site? Now,some of you may say the goal (Disneyland). Fine. Agreed. But, we'll experiment it. I'll blindfold you and drive you over to Disney. You'll spend a month there, but on our way back,I'll blindfold you. You may enjoy that one month so much, but it will always be just one month.You cannot replicate the experience. That, my friend, is a big problem. You cannot bring yourself to repeating the same result over and over again.

You now see why you need to stay true to the process? Life is a journey, not a destination. Yes, the destination matters, but if you focus on the destination above the journey to it, you'll lose out on the most fun. It is not enough to be successful, it is who you become in becoming a success that matters.

Everyone wants to be financially buoyant and free. That's the goal. Now, imagine you win the lottery. You achieved the goal. You made it. What happens next? You use up the money and return to being the old you. Why? Because you cannot changea printout unless the software is changed. This is why lottery winners lose all the money in a few years. In fact, statistics say that if you win the lottery today, the chances of you becoming poorer than you were before winning is closer to 70%. Henry Ford was once asked how long it would take him to rebuild his empire if everything goes kaboom. Guess his response? 5 years. Why? Because, in becoming the mogul he was, he underwent certain changes, paradigm shifts, transformations, that made his success possible. Your succes in life is a function of the journey you choose to take. This is why I do not believe in competition. I believe in cooperation: coming together to pool resources for a greater good,a purpose greater than us all.

The question then is : who are you becoming? Is your life all about having or doing something? If that's all,you've been missing out on life. Find a companion, get in the car of destiny and drive to your dreams. Never forget that who you become in having what you want is more important than having want you wanted. Do have a great journey through life. Be great.
Re: The Lesson Of Life by Dafemich(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
I like this. Have learnt a lot. Thank you
Re: The Lesson Of Life by ChuckHaywizze(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2019
Dafemich:
I like this. Have learnt a lot. Thank you

You're welcome Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Am Ready To Pay, Is Urgent / Should I Continue With My Job Or Leave And Work As A Money Agent / What Is Microsoft Azure Certification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.