Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

HiztoryBOX ll See The Woman That Wrote Nigeria First Anthem - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / HiztoryBOX ll See The Woman That Wrote Nigeria First Anthem (618 Views)

Wizkid: “Looking For A Chef & Better Woman That Can Fly With Me” / Musician That Wrote "Assurance" For Davido Got Angry After No Credit Was Given / Davido: I Forgive Media House, Blog And Person That Wrote Fake News About Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HiztoryBOX ll See The Woman That Wrote Nigeria First Anthem by HiztoryBox(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2019
The old Nigerian national anthem was written by LILLIAN JEAN WILLIAMS, a British expatriate who lived in Nigeria. She wrote the wordings and the music was composed by Frances Brenda. The anthem ran from October 1, 1960 - September 30, 1978.

The anthem:

"NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE"
Nigeria we hail thee
Our own dear native land
Though tribe and tongue may differ
In brotherhood we stand
Nigerians all and proud to serve
Our sovereign motherland
Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign
In peace or battle honour
And this we count as gain
To pass unto our children
A banner without stain
O God of all creation
Grant this our one request
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed

Click www.hiztorybox.com.ng for more

(1) (Reply)

History!!! Ten Only Photos Of Janemena On Non Seductive Photos But Charming / Moneybag.ng Goes Live, Unveils Lolu Of Big Brother Fame As Ambassador / #bbnaija2019: Ebuka Under Attack As Jackye Allegedly Receives Death Threat For C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.