Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Icecube's New Album : I Am The West - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Icecube's New Album : I Am The West (827 Views)

M.i's New Album I Need Your Comments / Sammy Okposo's New Album 'Addicted' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by Mobinga: 4:36am On Oct 07, 2010
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bjmighty(m): 4:52am On Oct 07, 2010
@Mobinga. . . . Yes oo, I am a westsider. My favorite rappers are from the west. Pac, Cube, Game, Warren e.t.c. Finally Cube did it again. Thats Hip hop!!
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by Djswaggz(m): 6:17am On Oct 07, 2010
Ice cube. . . Love his music and I kinda miss dat his snarly face on d big screen. Any new movie frm d guy?
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by Fred87(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2010
@mobinga. Yes boss,much luv for d west man.eeeezz
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bgees(m): 2:41am On Oct 09, 2010
The song ''No country for young men'' is really hard.
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by Onuohasworld(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2010
Theres a big difference b/w music & noise makin.,ice cube belongs 2 da latter,
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by hax: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2010
is it any good? i'm a big cube fan, and i thought raw footage was the sh-it.

but my internet has download limit. can't just be downloading anyhow. the reviews i've read about it online haven't been very convincing. . . has he lost it?
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bgees(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
hax:

but my internet has download limit. can't just be downloading anyhow. the reviews i've read about it online haven't been very convincing. . . has he lost it?

Other than a few songs like No Country for Young men and Man vs Machine, the guy needs to retire. The sad thing is that there is no new West Coast rapper to carry on the Ice Cube baton.
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bjmighty(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2010
Onuohasworld:

Theres a big difference b/w music & noise makin.,ice cube belongs 2 da latter,

hax:

bgees:

Other than a few songs like No Country for Young men and Man vs Machine, the guy needs to retire. The sad thing is that there is no new West Coast rapper to carry on the Ice Cube baton.

Are u guyz 4kin kiddin me Just coz u not feeling "I am the West" now means he ain't reppin no more? Are u guyz clowning me as a circus family?
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bjmighty(m): 4:36am On Oct 10, 2010
I just took time again to listen to "I am the West" and i just can't help but laff in Iranian accent. Seems you guys lost your taste of the west coast rap style. That album is simply "100% WEST COAST RAP STYLE" . We've been having too much of south/commercial rap nowadays and there are not so many rappers from the west keeping it 100% West coast style except a few that are not "so popular" outhere i think thats why some people think the album didn't do it for them. I can only say maybe the album is TOO WEST COAST but thats reasonable cos thats what Cube's tryna prove tha "He is the west". The album is tight for me. cool
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bgees(m): 5:07am On Oct 10, 2010
I have to retract my early comment. It is a good album.
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by nellaluv(f): 5:22am On Oct 10, 2010
bjmighty:

I just took time again to listen to "I am the West" and i just can't help but laff in Iranian accent. Seems you guys lost your taste of the west coast rap style. That album is simply "100% WEST COAST RAP STYLE" . We've been having too much of south/commercial rap nowadays and there are not so many rappers from the west keeping it 100% West coast style except a few that are not "so popular" outhere i think thats why some people think the album didn't do it for them. I can only say maybe the album is TOO WEST COAST but thats reasonable cos thats what Cube's tryna prove tha "He is the west". The album is tight for me. cool

That's not what i read in the reviews, i read the beatz and rhythm sounds a lot like the southern type, but hey what do i know i only know dirty south rap tongue .

Anyway what is ice cube trying to tell us, that he s still a bad azz gangsta or what?
Mr ice-cube is still that grown-azzed man those little kidz kicked his butt in 'Are we there yet' gtfoh grin grin grin grin
Re: Icecube's New Album : I Am The West by bjmighty(m): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2010
nellaluv:

That's not what i read in the reviews, i read the beatz and rhythm sounds a lot like the southern type, but hey what do i know i only know dirty south rap tongue .

Anyway what is ice cube trying to tell us, that he s still a bad azz gangsta or what?
Mr ice-cube is still that grown-azzed man those little kidz kicked his butt in 'Are we there yet' gtfoh grin grin grin grin

You shouldn't judge the album from other pples point of view. Ur standing point are different so u can't av same view. As soon as i got off bed today, The album was the first thing i attended to and i paid attention to every elements of it. The production is so sick. The sick production of tracks like Life in California, Too west coast, I rep tha west, Your money or your life and No country for young men gat me feeling like Dr. Dre was part of the album that he produced those tracks but i was hell shocked when it wasn't the DOC that produced those sick beats. It use to be easy for me to spot Dr. Dre or Timbos beat by mere listening but i got beaten hands down this time. Those beats sound too DOC.

@Nella. . . Yeah u right, he got a couple of southside flows on a couple of tracks, i think bout 2 or 3. I bliv thats he's idea of givin the album a commercial face. But if the truth be told, Cube killed those south beats and flowed better than some so called southern rappers. For example, his flow was real tight on "It is what it is" a south beat and that hook is damn Catchy. I can foresee that track rocking clubs. I am not a fan of southern rap style, i rarely listen to them. Rappers like Wacka flaka, soulja boi, lil boosie et all give me runnin stomach with those annoying raps but Cube did it for me. I AM THE WEST is tight and i picture it doing well in the market.

(1) (Reply)

Mixxxxxxxit Goooooood! / Video: Davido Uk Tour Diary / Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.