Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website (960 Views)

Please Guys Whats The Name Of Nairaland Old Smf Theme(have Attached The Pics) / Please Help Me Crucify Www.newnaira.com / Website Review (guys Please Help Me Crucify These Sites) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by emmachine1: 5:14am On Oct 07, 2010
Hello,
Please i need every ones honest review on this site www.africankitchentv.com though i am still making some changes.
Your honest comments will be appreciated
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by drone99(m): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2010
I really don't know where to start from; whats the website suppose to do?
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by DualCore1: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2010
What the website is supposed to do (to you) is not your business. You business is what you are to do to the website. Crucify it! tongue
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by esdee1(m): 9:07am On Oct 07, 2010
when u mean "crucify", is it to hack it and destroy it or to just criticize??
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2010
AllunawebmastersDonDeyMadt!

Person say make una crucify him site, una know wetin him mean, una dey take am play.

@Poster. If i start reviewing that thing, i will not finish today i swear.

But here are some few, you can choose to work on. Though they may take much effort.

1. Things are too clubmsy. Site design is global. Though my room is always untidy, but clean, i can't afford to bring on such on websites. Too many elements, links flashes. Haba. Can't they be summed up simple or pagnified to create a neat layout

2. Look at those links I mean the aboutus Home and stuffs like area. What it is laying on is irritating, and does not give it the space they are needed, making things also clumsy down there. Try beating each text down again. Maybe one
for will do.

Overall, the site show you understand how to make sites, not design sites. look at facebook, www.marknollis.com, and other sites with many contents. We have been able to arrange them into a fine layout.

Lastly, i hope i did not crucify your site like Jesus Christ. If i did, it will resurrect 3 days to come and will sit with the father, among the greatest sites in Nigeria
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by emmachine1: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2010
I just need you to tell me what i did well on the site and what i didn't do well, and what you think i should do to improve the quality and standard of the site
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2010
That image you used as the main one, does not represent the nature/url name of the site.

I expected to see food. Eba, Amala and Gbegiri.

Put a favicon, of eba and egusi soup.

Good use of flash. Did not affect speed of site and also passed the message.
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by yawatide(f): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2010
STRONG suggestion: Read the book, "Don't make me think" by Steve Krug then, based on what you read, redo the site and come back asking for crucifixion.

HONEST, "Don't take it personal" comment: Crucifixion would be too mild a punishment for this site.
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by drone99(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2010
Dual Core:

What the website is supposed to do (to you) is not your business. You business is what you are to do to the website. Crucify it! tongue

How the heck do you expect me to critic a website when i don't know whats its all about? Think about it.
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by DualCore1: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2010
They didn't know what Jesus was on about when they crucified him :-p
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by drone99(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2010
Dual Core:

lipsrsealed No further comments.
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by Slyr0x: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dual Core:

-1. They knew he was d Saviour tongue tongue grin
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by DualCore1: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ok this website is the savior of webmastery.
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by DisGuy: 6:17am On Oct 11, 2010
it looks like Efo ri ro

look at Google's homepage and look at your website wink

totally agree with drone99
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by drone99(m): 7:48am On Oct 11, 2010
Dis Guy:

it looks like Efo ri ro

look at Google's homepage and look at your website wink

totally agree with drone99

smiley
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by bug24(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2010
grin poster said 'pls crucify my website' and not,  pls crucify my emotions. lol

the menu on the left (with green color) i believe u did this using fireworks, it isnt behaving well. WHen you mouse over, the sub-menu comes out way up above (gramatical blonda) the entire colum. I initialy thought this works a browser compatibility issue ( chrome) checkin this on IE shows the same.

Brov, treat this first. while i go around and look for other reasons why u have to be killed crucified
Re: Please Guys Help Me Crucify This Website by friendehis(m): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2010
I respect your courage for improvement, But my broda

A good web site should have the following and they shud be easy to locate man!

Header
Navigation bar
side menu if i am correc (i.e. if need be)
body
and finally footer

They listed elements are the problem of ur site. u are trying to employ all you know to make the site and things dont work that way. DONT TRY TO DO EVERYTHING.

There shud be space of a visitors eye to rest not clouding his/her vision,

These links are supposed to be navigation bar login, register, chatroom, hence they should be after your header of which none is present here.

Designing a web site from scratch can be heck of tasks, how about using and customizing already made templates that should help. U can google that.

that is all i have for now

My Regards and best of wishes to every one here!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Check Out A New Outsourcing Marketplace, Infinitbin.com / Hello Everyone Please i need Partners For My Online News Site / Your Blog Mobile With Dudamobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.