Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen (1173 Views)

2 Killed, Property Burnt As Niger Communities Clash Over Woman / Policeman shoots passenger On East-West road over explanation on tinted permit / Makurdi Youths Burn Vehicles & Tyres Over Killing By Fulani (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by Skmoda360(m): 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Some youths in the Ofumwengbe community in the Ovia North - East Local Government Area of Edo State , on Tuesday , blocked the Benin - Ore Expressway to protest the death of a yet - to - be - identified woman, who was allegedly raped and killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen .
It was gathered that the victim , who had gone to her farm on Monday , failed to return , prompting the community to raise a search party for her .
PUNCH Metro learnt that the woman’ s corpse was found on her farm with one of her arms and legs allegedly cut off by her assailants .
It was gathered that the victim , who got married last year, was allegedly raped by the suspected herdsmen before she was killed .
PUNCH Metro learnt that herdsmen in the area had fled for fear of being attacked by the youth .
The angry youths took the body of the victim to the expressway, where a bonfire was made to protest her death .
The protest , which caused a gridlock on the expressway, was later brought under control by security agents.

An eyewitness , who spoke on condition of anonymity , told one of our correspondents that he spent four hours in the gridlock before the security agents were able to disperse the crowd .
He said , “ I was coming to Lagos State when we suddenly encountered the gridlock . I learnt that a woman went to the farm and herdsmen raped her on the farm before killing her . The villagers took the body of the woman, brought it to the expressway and stopped vehicular movement on both sides of the road.
“ The youth went after the herdsmen and got hold of one of them, who had a gun on him , but there was no bullet in the gun . They got hold of him and killed him , cut his leg and brought his body to the expressway.
“ It took the intervention of policemen, soldiers and other security agents before we were able to go . The security agents at first tried to pacify the youth but when they were not listening , they had to use force to disperse them. ”
However , when contacted , the Edo State Commissioner of Police , DanMallam Muhammed, denied the alleged clash between the herdsmen and the youth , adding that the cause of the woman’ s death had not been ascertained .
He said , “ The youth blocked the road , because a woman died on the farm and they alleged that herdsmen killed her . They did not wait for police investigation but blocked the road and brought hardship on travellers , who did not know anything about it.
“ The woman went to the farm and this morning , she was discovered dead . The youth suspected it that herdsmen killed her but nobody saw the herdsmen killing her . ”

source: https://punchng.com/youths-block-benin-ore-road-over-womans-killing-by-suspected-herdsmen/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by CapitalHYC(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
Buhariiiiiiii...... Do something about this herdsmen
Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
Two Benin friends I have called yesterday finally supporting Nnamdi Kanu. I insulted them so you were waiting for it to happen to your people before your eyes will open abi. Behaving like afonjas because only afonjas reason like that.
Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by tolijascro(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
uduak2016:
Two Benin friends I have called yesterday finally supporting Nnamdi Kanu. I insulted them so you were waiting for it to happen to your people before your eyes will open abi. Behaving like afonjas because only afonjas reason like that.

What's the meaning of this nonsense you wrote on here? How does it correspond with the news?
Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by gregyboy(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
The benin people are i know are fearless and very brave ....

But it is saddening that majority of this brave men have left the shores of the country to seek for greener pasture if this manace of had occured at early 2000 were the edos were fully at home it would have been not against the herdsmen but against the policemen for trying to stop them...

I would forever commend oshiomole for the edo bavery if he was the governor at present the herdsmen would never set foot in edo atate...

If the herdsman are as strong as they think they should vist ph city were everyman walks with cut-to size amu...
Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by BigSarah(f): 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oshomole is this how the Fulani is appreciating your efforts
Re: Youths Block Benin-ore Road Over Woman’s Killing By Suspected Herdsmen by gregyboy(m): 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
[quote

(1) (Reply)

Murder Or Suicide / Man Bought Iphone 11 Pro Max In Ikeja, See What They Saw At The Back So Annoying / Human Abuse: Soldier Woman Hit Man Car From Behind,The Man Was Still Beaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.