Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 (48724 Views)

AFCON 2021: Super Eagles Qualify For Knockout Stages (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau: AFCON 2021 (2 - 0) On 19th January 2022 / Super Eagles Qualify For AFCON 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Mufasa27(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
stano2:
Abeg, Musa is super good from crosses to runs, stamina and he is not selfish at all. Musa 10/10
I swear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Godsknight(m): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
sparog:
Everybody is rejoicing and happy now ooh, wait till the team begins to phuck up and you'll see all sort of
derogatory comments

Anyway, congrats to Nigeria for this win and I hope we will win when it really matters the most
so what do you expect? Bro, success should be celebrated , not failure

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by aodiba(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Daninya111:

5.Ighalo gave his best but he was selfish. Am still not settled with Onauchu. I think it's high time Osimhen is given a chance to start against Madagascar, dude had a better season in Belgium than Onauchu did in Norway
Onuachu has looked lost and slow in the two matches he has played. Surely Osimhen is sharper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by mayorsweet(m): 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2019
Point of correction; Onuachu plays in Denmark with Midtylland football club and not in Norway grin
Daninya111:
Here are my thoughts

1.Our squad has depth.

2.Rohr is not yet certain with his first eleven. It seems he hasn't fully grasped their Swot. He still has to improve tactically.

3.Omeruo and Balogun partnership seem better than the oyibo wall. Thanks to Leganas for bringing out the best in omeruo.Mr shaking method was shielded from the almost non existence threat from the guineans. Ekong gives away the ball easily to the opponent so he should sit on the bench.

4.Ndidi and Etebo did a great job on keita. I noticed that the midfield collapsed after the substitution of Iwobi.

5.Ighalo gave his best but he was selfish. Am still not settled with Onauchu. I think it's high time Osimhen is given a chance to start against Madagascar, dude had a better season in Belgium than Onauchu did in Norway.

Paul pot lost narrowly to 9ja in 2013 with the same scoreline as he did today. He will be looking forward to beat us some day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Oszy: 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
Some of you will be watching Livescores and start giving nonsense commentaries. Iwobi played well today, he was very instrumental even in the build up that led to the goal. That guy understands the number 10 role. Immediately he was substituted, the eagles attacked less.

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by tsinzu: 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
They kicked naby keita off the field

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Lexzytee(m): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
no 6: this team is not a team to carry the troughy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is football bro.
There's nothing like I'm *CERTAIN* in football. If a Manchester United team that has Lukaku as her talisman can overturn a two goal deficit against PSG, LIVERPOOL overturn a three goal deficit against Barcelona. Nothing is stopping Madagascar from winning her remaining two matches thereby finishing as group B winners.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by aodiba(m): 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2019
Oszy:
Some of you will be watching Livescores and start giving nonsense commentaries. Iwobi played well today, he was very instrumental even in the build up that led to the goal. That guy understands the number 10 role. Immediately he was substituted, the eagles attacked less.

All wrong Iwobi was Played poorly. He had sparks of brilliant but awful
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by hausadreturn(m): 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Oszy:
I was surprised when op said he was a letdown.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Oszy: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
aodiba:

All wrong Iwobi was Played poorly. He had sparks of brilliant but awful

Oga did you watch the match?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Gabson001(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ajoboss:
Iwobi still better Dan Mikel in dat 10
Every aspect.. Mikel don flop

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Mizwisdom(f): 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
If super eagles doesn't win this AFCON I will know that they are cursed. We are the highest ranked team in that group, we should be flogging those teams nah

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by greenprince(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
Okezedan:
Super eagles are the only team in this Afcon, that's playing beautiful football. The rest are using power power to win

have you watched Mali and Senegal lately?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Mrdeuteron(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
God bless naija.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2019
I can't wait to see different memes wen naija lose
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Rizan3349: 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
Please you people should stop asking the coach to have the first eleven again ooo.its very bad ,a team like nigeria didn't deserve first eleven , that was why we had most of the lazy players in the past .. We Nigerians criticised him before that he made super eagle a team of first eleven, that some people are sure of playing game whether they are inform or not ..now the man has changed and throw it open to everyone to prove their worth ,we should stop telling him to go back again ...if it was before mikel wouldn't have been on bench..lets allow the man to continue playing all the players ..anyone that didnt do well should be substituted or bench in the next match...

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Lordjb: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hmmm, them try Sha, but they really need to improve.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
Musa and ighalo wasted many chances to score

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
mayorsweet:
Point of correction; Onuachu plays in Denmark with Midtylland football club and not in Norway grin

Sorry it was an oversight.

Denmark is where he plys his trade

Tnx

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by HeavenShield: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
olajay86:

Nigeria has become the first team at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, to book a spot in the last 16.

The Super Eagles defeated their biggest rival in Group B Guinea by a lone goal on Wednesday, to confirm their place in the next round.

So, what are the five things we learnt from the fixture at Alexandria?

1. Easy draw in the next round: With Gernot Rohr’s all but certain to finish top of Group B, they will likely get a third-placed team in the Round of 16. Although there are no small countries anymore in (African) football, it would be better to face the heavyweights much later in the competition.

2. Omeruo, Man of the Match: The defender, who spent last season on loan at Leganes from Chelsea, was in sparkling form against Guinea. Solid at the back, Omeruo proved decision at the other end of the pitch, rising highest to head in the winner. A lot of fans and pundits were surprised he kept his place ahead of Troost-Ekong, to partner the returning Leon Balogun. But on the strength of today’s performance, he justified his selection.

3. The Iwobi conundrum: Following the victory over Burundi, there were widespread calls for Rohr to drop skipper John Obi Mikel and start Alex Iwobi as a no. 10. The German listened and made the change. But the Arsenal man was a huge let down overall. He was jittery and clumsy all through the first half and only improved a bit after the break. The search for his uncle Jay Jay Okocha’s replacement is still on.

4. Akpeyi much better: Although it took the Kaizer Chiefs’ stopper just two minutes to flap at his first ball, he produced a much more assured performance. Credit has to be given to the Omeruo-Balogun axis in front of him, that served as a wall of resistance.

5. Kick Keita Out: Paul Put started the Liverpool midfielder against the Super Eagles, hoping that he would pull the strings against the three-time champions. Instead, Keita was given a kick around by Wilfred Ndidi and Oghenekaro Etebo and hardly stayed on his feet to influence the game. Jurgen Klopp must have been grinding his teeth, as his man kept falling and rolling around in agony. He was eventually substituted off.

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/06/nigeria-vs-guinea-5-things-we-learnt-as.html

I don't know whether someone else have been observing?
The Stadiums Flood light is extremely poor..
Taking a close look at the stands and what is obtainable in EU and other stadiums.
This is pretty poor..
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by Stormyweather(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
czarina:
Nawa o.... Just now now, 5 lesson and carols don come out.
I can't stop laughing. This is so damn witty!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by kushercain: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
caprini1:
OP did you watch a different game? Iwobi was the only attacker seriously troubling the Guinean keeper,it was his deflected shot that we scored from the resulting corner.......abeg its only Safarigirl that should be posting football analysis in Nairaland biko!

I was surprised to see his Iwobi comment...Iwobi only messed up some few passes apart from that he was everywhere...never hiding from receiving pass

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by ofuonyebi: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
when you wim...you get many friends and praises

but when you loose...you contend with many enemies and condemnations

Super Eagles carry go ...continue the run to the bus top...the choice is yours
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by djoe21(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Daninya111:
Here are my thoughts

1.Our squad has depth.

2.Rohr is not yet certain with his first eleven. It seems he hasn't fully grasped their Swot. He still has to improve tactically.

3.Omeruo and Balogun partnership seem better than the oyibo wall. Thanks to Leganas for bringing out the best in omeruo.Mr shaking method was shielded from the almost non existence threat from the guineans. Ekong gives away the ball easily to the opponent so he should sit on the bench.

4.Ndidi and Etebo did a great job on keita. I noticed that the midfield collapsed after the substitution of Iwobi.

5.Ighalo gave his best but he was selfish. Am still not settled with Onauchu. I think it's high time Osimhen is given a chance to start against Madagascar, dude had a better season in Belgium than Onauchu did in Norway.

Paul pot lost narrowly to 9ja in 2013 with the same scoreline as he did today. He will be looking forward to beat us some day.

You know football. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by PopeFlatino(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
The earlier this man knows that Onyekuru is more decisive than all these half-baked wingers the better for him...

The earlier he pairs Chuwueze and Osimhen infront alongside him,the better @least we can play over 2.5 for once in our life.

Who is more loyal than John Ogu in Super eagle's?..yet he isn't getting minutes to play

Why leaving sub till 80 mins in such match

Sack this man

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by enemyofprogress: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Chei I missed the march, I was not at home to wash it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by MicroBox: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
sparog:
Everybody is rejoicing and happy now ooh, wait till the team begins to phuck up and you'll see all sort of
derogatory comments

Anyway, congrats to Nigeria for this win and I hope we will win when it really matters the most
Same came to my mind when Segun Odegbami and his co-host keep praising the eagles..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by boss1310(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
we won yet people are complaining and I still wonder if these people watch football matches every week or once a year.football is not an easy sport especially in National teams where different players from different clubs and ideas try to play as a team.Guinea drew their first match which means they have planned, trained and came out today to beat Nigeria yet they couldn't hurt us,what does that tell you or do we forget that Nigeria is playing against 11 professionals too
you want Nigeria to beat Guinea 5-0,get every short on target,complete every dribble and every pass hmm.The team is not great but what I love about this team is depth, heart,determination and aerial strength
its not about Mikel,iwobi or ighalo cos a player might not be as effective as he was in his last match it doesn't mean he should be axed from the team completely, it's about the team
every win matters no matter how ugly cos it builds confidence when you meet tougher teams

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: 5 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Qualify For Round Of 16 by enemyofprogress: 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
Buhari go dey happy sey him don achieve something now. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Hosts Nigerian Local League Players At His Mansion In Jos. Photos / Asisat Oshoala's Outfit To GloCAF Awards 2016 (pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Juventus Fans Wild After Undergoing Medical (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.