Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts (10924 Views)

APC Strategists Mobilise Against PDP Over Senate Minority Leadership / Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War / Video Of PDP Reps "Fighting" Over Minority Leadership Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by zakim(m): 5:32am On Jun 27, 2019
There is serious division among senators of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over plans by the party’s national leadership to alter the already agreed names of minority leaders in the 9th Senate, Daily Trust has learnt. The party’s national leadership had a fortnight ago picked Eyinnaya Abaribe (Abia) as Minority Leader; Emmanuel Bwacha (Taraba) as Deputy Minority Leader; Philip Aduda (FCT) as Minority Whip, and Clifford Ordia (Edo) as Deputy Minority Whip.

However, the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) on Tuesday was said to have perfected plans to replace Ordia with Sen Sahabi Ya’u from Zamfara State as Deputy Minority Whip.

This development, Daily Trust learnt, was not going down well with some senators of the party, who vowed to resist any attempt by the NWC to change what was already agreed on. Some PDP senators from the South South, which produced the highest number of senators for the party, were disenchanted by the moves to replace one of them in the minority leadership of the 9th Senate. They said, the region produced the highest number of votes for PDP during the last general elections and that it should not be left out in the scheme of things in the 9th Senate.

One of the senators said they met at the residence of Uche Secondus, the PDP national chairman, on June 14 and conducted an election among themselves where the four senators emerged as minority leaders of the Senate and wondered why the NWC was “planning to impose somebody on us.” The senator, who did not want to be named, said there was an apparent pressure from some quarters on the NWC, and called on the party’s leadership to remain firm and not yield to any undue pressure.

In order to take a decision, it was learnt, the PDP senators will meet before next Tuesday, which is the resumption date for the members of the 9th Assembly, after they embarked on a short recess. “We met where an election was conducted. Nominations were made in the presence of party leaders and PDP senators and winners emerged. Those who emerged were unanimously backed by the various organs of the party. “In any case, under the rules of the Senate, it is not the responsibility of the NWC to select principal officials.

It is the responsibility of the senators themselves to do that. The minority senators have freely elected those they want and nothing will change it. “The argument that they want to represent every part of the country is false. There are eight positions open to the PDP in the two chambers of the National Assembly. Even if you share one to each geopolitical zone, two will still get an extra slot.

“Those we selected are known to us. They are the people we can work with. Some governors causing this division don’t know how the Parliament operates. They want to control everything in the party for their selfish interest. “Maybe the NWC has not learnt its lessons. The APC tried this imposition in the 8th Senate and they paid for it dearly. It’s up to the PDP to allow us have our way or allow strangers destroy its fold in the Senate,” the senator said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/crack-among-pdp-senators-over-plan-to-alter-minority-leadership-posts.html

2 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by orion7: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Apc sponsored posts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Riversides2003(m): 6:30am On Jun 27, 2019
Is it your crack?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by fredoooooo: 6:31am On Jun 27, 2019
No be only crack, Na Earthquake go wipe all of dem away, useless party angry

7 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Mallamjp(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2019
FTC since i joined nairaland. Alhamdulillah
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Autotech312(m): 6:36am On Jun 27, 2019
As if they're fighting for an average poor man on the street. Its about them and no one else.

4 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by chrisxxx(m): 6:37am On Jun 27, 2019
To be frank what is still there in PDP to contend with?

12 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Samanza89: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2019
The dude above talking from his own crack part of the brain.

You will soon realize that the only thing keeping APC members in APC is Buhari. After 2023 the party will be dead and buried.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by seunfly: 6:50am On Jun 27, 2019
Ok
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by flowx(m): 6:50am On Jun 27, 2019
Samanza89:
The dude above talking from his own crack part of the brain.

You will soon realize that the only thing keeping APC members in APC is Buhari. After 2023 the party will be dead and buried.
You make my day...

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Suigeneristemmy(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2019
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,I'm here soliciting for your unfailing financial assistance,I'm a final year student of one of the state university in this country,at this moment of my life....I havent paid my 300level second semester fee not to talk about my 400level first semester,and it is giving me seriously concern every dine minute...pls for goodness sake...I need your financial help sir and ma,any amount you can use to help me...I'm gonna appreciate...pls
Here is my account details
Account name:Alaba Temitope Mayowa
Account no:0775055706
Access bank.
I will be glad if I can get help from this platform..thank you
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by IamPatriotic(m): 6:53am On Jun 27, 2019
orion7:
Apc sponsored posts

Is that all you have to say?

5 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by jogsman01(m): 6:54am On Jun 27, 2019
ok
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by jogsman01(m): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2019
na Satan form every NWC.... Ask Oshiomole
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by braveboy64(m): 6:57am On Jun 27, 2019
All OF YOU THAT DESTROYED NIGERIA GOD WILL........ YOU PEOPLE
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by akiOYIBO: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2019
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:57am On Jun 27, 2019
zakim:
There is serious division among senators of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over plans by the party’s national leadership to alter the already agreed names of minority leaders in the 9th Senate, Daily Trust has learnt. The party’s national leadership had a fortnight ago picked Eyinnaya Abaribe (Abia) as Minority Leader; Emmanuel Bwacha (Taraba) as Deputy Minority Leader; Philip Aduda (FCT) as Minority Whip, and Clifford Ordia (Edo) as Deputy Minority Whip.

However, the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) on Tuesday was said to have perfected plans to replace Ordia with Sen Sahabi Ya’u from Zamfara State as Deputy Minority Whip.

This development, Daily Trust learnt, was not going down well with some senators of the party, who vowed to resist any attempt by the NWC to change what was already agreed on. Some PDP senators from the South South, which produced the highest number of senators for the party, were disenchanted by the moves to replace one of them in the minority leadership of the 9th Senate. They said, the region produced the highest number of votes for PDP during the last general elections and that it should not be left out in the scheme of things in the 9th Senate.

One of the senators said they met at the residence of Uche Secondus, the PDP national chairman, on June 14 and conducted an election among themselves where the four senators emerged as minority leaders of the Senate and wondered why the NWC was “planning to impose somebody on us.” The senator, who did not want to be named, said there was an apparent pressure from some quarters on the NWC, and called on the party’s leadership to remain firm and not yield to any undue pressure.

In order to take a decision, it was learnt, the PDP senators will meet before next Tuesday, which is the resumption date for the members of the 9th Assembly, after they embarked on a short recess. “We met where an election was conducted. Nominations were made in the presence of party leaders and PDP senators and winners emerged. Those who emerged were unanimously backed by the various organs of the party. “In any case, under the rules of the Senate, it is not the responsibility of the NWC to select principal officials.

It is the responsibility of the senators themselves to do that. The minority senators have freely elected those they want and nothing will change it. “The argument that they want to represent every part of the country is false. There are eight positions open to the PDP in the two chambers of the National Assembly. Even if you share one to each geopolitical zone, two will still get an extra slot.

“Those we selected are known to us. They are the people we can work with. Some governors causing this division don’t know how the Parliament operates. They want to control everything in the party for their selfish interest. “Maybe the NWC has not learnt its lessons. The APC tried this imposition in the 8th Senate and they paid for it dearly. It’s up to the PDP to allow us have our way or allow strangers destroy its fold in the Senate,” the senator said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/crack-among-pdp-senators-over-plan-to-alter-minority-leadership-posts.html
I'm more worried about dis kinda crack..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by helinues: 6:58am On Jun 27, 2019
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:00am On Jun 27, 2019
no plain for anything, just what they are after is their money and pocket
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by contigiency(m): 7:02am On Jun 27, 2019
That is the usual fight PDP normally engage themselves in. For all their existence, they never fought for the good of ordinary citizens but for their selfish interest. So they can go on as much as they want.

3 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:02am On Jun 27, 2019
Do you want affordable and durable window blind, 3D wallpaper and 3D wall panel? Click on my monicker (Xcelinteriors) to see my profile and click on any of my thread to view my previous work pictures and contact. God bless you
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by bigeagleeye(m): 7:05am On Jun 27, 2019
Instead of them to say that the change in the nomination for the office of the Senate
D M W
E I H
P N I
U O P
T R
Y I
--T
--Y
is causing a crack in whole of PDP as a party so as to get us a more interesting story and headline!!! When there's nothing extraordinary going on in the polity, when SSAs & SAs to the President are left to use their own discretions to choose whether they are still in office or not, while the President continues with his rehearsals of how to send the country into recession again with his lack of economic and security compass even in a second term...it is only important that the APC newspapers, editors and writers get us busy reading trash? NONSENSE

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by ikombe: 7:09am On Jun 27, 2019
No be only crack na weed grin

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Benekruku(m): 7:11am On Jun 27, 2019
They have been cracking since 2015.

The National chairman is still going to decamp to APC las las

2 Likes

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Rexnegro(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2019
always crack in PDP , Wetin concern me sef with the party

1 Like

Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by Splashme: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2019
I agree with the party leadership.
That arrangement seems to make more sense
Re: Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts by AllenSpencer: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2019
They always cracking

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Tinubu’s SWAGA, TSG Clash Over Harmonisation / Israel Kills Palestine football Legend, Ahed zaqout(* pictures) / Court Summons DSS Over Attack On Ex- Buhari’s Campaigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.