Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (126749 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Train station/ Manchester airport

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 11:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Duty begins next week.
It's time for independence and taking responsibilities.
Shifts are 12 hours long days including 1 hour break. 3 times a week.

12 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by faheez(m): 4:41am On Sep 08, 2019
crushsugar:
Duty begins next week.
It's time for independence and taking responsibilities.
Shifts are 12 hours long days including 1 hour break. 3 times a week.

Congratulations to you ma.. I'm super excited to hear this news. May the lord continue to bless.
Our own time will come by the special grace of God.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by MMotimo: 6:43am On Sep 08, 2019
chineduisaac:
Crushsugar pls I have a silly question.
Why are their roads always clean? is it that they don't have sand or people don't throw things on the ground

From childhood, public littering is indoctrinated as a no-no. Even people who have dirty homes don’t typically litter when they are outside. It’s like a subconscious setting of the mind without you even being aware of it. Dropping litter does not come naturally and littering often comes with heavy fines when you are caught so not many people do it. Strangely enough, I find it to be one of the easiest things immigrants from third world countries are able to adapt to quickly

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2019
faheez:

Congratulations to you ma.. I'm super excited to hear this news. May the lord continue to bless.
Our own time will come by the special grace of God.
Thanks
Amen.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 10:05am On Sep 08, 2019
MMotimo:

From childhood, public littering is indoctrinated as a no-no. Even people who have dirty homes don’t typically litter when they are outside. It’s like a subconscious setting of the mind without you even being aware of it. Dropping litter does not come naturally and littering often comes with heavy fines when you are caught so not many people do it. Strangely enough, I find it to be one of the easiest things immigrants from third world countries are able to adapt to quickly

When you are in Rome, behave like the Romans.
In fact, the cleanliness will compel you to behave yourself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Luchiano54: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2019
Congratulations, Crushsugar. I'm so happy for you.
I'm still in the process- waiting for my DL which I hope comes this week or the next.
I have some questions or clarifications,please.
Let's say I get my DL this week,when do I expect my COS if it's applied for it immediately?
Is it true that I'll have 3months to sit for my OSCE from the date of the issuance of COS?
I hope to leave by the 2nd week of December because I have an important stuff that must be done by the last week of November.
Lastly, if you don't mind, can you help me with the list of stuffs I may need as I'll be coming during the winter period.
Thank you and all the best

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by chineduisaac(m): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
Seems like the English people like shorts alot. And I have not seen anything like pan slippers, only boots. After my schooling I hope on exploring the world by God's grace. Keep sending the pictures crushsugar, we love you!

5 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Charltex: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
Luchiano54:
I'm still in the process- waiting for my DL which I hope comes this week or the next.
Let's say I get my DL this week,when do I expect my COS if it's applied for it immediately?
Is it true that I'll have 3months to sit for my OSCE from the date of the issuance of COS?
I hope to leave by the 2nd week of December because I have an important stuff that must be done by the last week of November.
Lastly, if you don't mind, can you help me with the list of stuffs I may need as I'll be coming during the winter period.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nemsy(f): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
Congrats Girl!

crushsugar:
Hello everyone, I am sorry I have been away.
I ha e been caught in between moving, studies and exam.
I had my OSCE on Monday and it was successful. Officially, I am a UK RN.
I did my exam at Ulster, the best examiners ever.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by kayusely70(m): 8:20am On Sep 09, 2019
crushsugar:
Congratulations! More success ahead.

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by uwakmfonabasi(f): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
crushsugar:

Congratulations. More Wins

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Penboy: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
crushsugar:
Duty begins next week. It's time for independence and taking responsibilities. Shifts are 12 hours long days including 1 hour break. 3 times a week.

Congrats ma
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
Luchiano54:

Thank you.
It depends on when it is applied for. There is a specific date in the month when employers should apply and it should be out by 3rd week of the month or you would have wait till the next month.
The COS expires after 3 months, that means you need to apply for Visa within 3 months.
You have about 9 months to sit and pass your OSCE and 3 attempts overall. When you sit for OSCE is most likely your employers preference depending on the program put in place to prepare you for the exam. It took my group months but the group after us a month.
When coming bring alot of clothes that protect you from the cold. Sweaters, jackets, boots,scarves, Jeans, caps , cotton clothes. You might still have to get others here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
chineduisaac:
Seems like the English people like shorts alot. And I have not seen anything like pan slippers, only boots. After my schooling I hope on exploring the world by God's grace. Keep sending the pictures crushsugar, we love you!
The weather is very cold currently, some of them still put on sandals though but most at this time put on boots as a temperature as low a between 4-11°is not friendly for the limbs.
You're welcome to explore

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nemsy:

Congrats Girl!

Thank you
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
kayusely70:
Congratulations! More success ahead.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
uwakmfonabasi:

Congratulations. More Wins
Thank you
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
Penboy:

Congrats ma
Thank you
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
Tomorrow is my first 12 hour shift here and I am looking forward to it. 7am till 8pm.
But I am looking forward to taking part of my annual leave next month. I need to unwind small.
It is Autumn already; cold rainy and dark. But we dey here.

13 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by switesthart(f): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hi, please did you go with just post basic nursing? If yes, can I get your contact. I would like to chat with you please........

crushsugar:
The question is why would I leave in the first place?
Simple answer is I was tired. Tired of the structure, staffing, poor opportunities, I felt stuck and just wanted more.
I wanted to see what's going on out there. I wanted to be part of a standard setting and reach for my dreams which seems impossible for me or would have taken so much time. This wasn't about money. It's about fulfilment.
So, my dream of working abroad started about 2 years after school of nursing. I was working but not happy, after going for post basic program, I still felt stuck somewhere even with a public service job. With all the experiences I don't want to bore is with, I finally made up my mind in October 2018.
Booked IELTS UKVI, in January and did the test March 1st. It came out well.
Then I searched for a potential employer, did the interview and was offered appointment.
So, paper work began.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by famzynet: 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
Congrats on your OSCE !! I knew you would scale through. God always have a way of blessing people who take out time to help others. Please what is the secret to passing OSCE in the UK? Your advice will be helpful.

6 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by moboladek: 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
crushsugar:

Congratulations UKRN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by suzie04: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2019
Congratulations dear and greater height!!!!! You are yet to share your OSCE experience though!!! Some of us are waiting...……………..
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
switesthart:
Hi, please did you go with just post basic nursing? If yes, can I get your contact. I would like to chat with you please........

You can use my email.
I used my basic nursing.
It depends on what you want. I am a mental health nurse also, if and when I decide to work as a mental health nurse, I'll do the cbt and OSCE or preferably wait till I finish my masters in health. There are some areas that don't need speciality per se. Just find out when you are taking your interview.

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
famzynet:
Congrats on your OSCE !! I knew you would scale through. God always have a way of blessing people who take out time to help others. Please what is the secret to passing OSCE in the UK? Your advice will be helpful.
Thank you for believing in me.
The secret I would say is practice and studying.
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
moboladek:

Congratulations UKRN
Thank you
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by crushsugar: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
suzie04:
Congratulations dear and greater height!!!!! You are yet to share your OSCE experience though!!! Some of us are waiting...……………..
You know I can't really say much because of the confidentiality agreement but it was just what we prepared for. There are no surprises

1 Like

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by moboladek: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello everyone, what are the things one needs to bring along to the UK when packing my load or things you wished you had brought along Nigeria. Also, does the agent or employer provide any welcome pack and if so, what is therein. Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
crushsugar:
It's 3years. I did mine in UBTH
Edo no dey carry last. heard most of your lecturers have left

3 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Ekehwinz: 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
Crushsugar are there any vacancies for social workers in the UK. If yes, how do i go about applying??
Re: Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse by Nekky22: 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=crushsugar post=82386176][/quote]please can i have your email address, wanna talk to you please

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Reply)

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.