Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Love As A Measure For Maturity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love As A Measure For Maturity (176 Views)

Love As A Measure For Maturity / Is 20years the Biblical Age For Maturity? / God's Measure For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love As A Measure For Maturity by jonatoye(m): 9:22am On Jun 27, 2019
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: Love as a Measure for Maturity

WORD FOR TODAY
One of the most important parameter used to measure spiritual maturity is love towards God and man. A man is not matured until he understands love and manifests its attributes!!!
Scriptural Reference
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1Corinthians 13:11NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At any point a man chooses not to allow God to find expression in his life his behaviour will be childish. When Jesus was crucified on the cross at calvary He did not forget to make known to the entire human race even in His suffering that He truly loved us; He said "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." (Luke 23:34).

It takes maturity to forgive those who offends you, mature people do not spend their strength to oppress those who appear weaker than them. They don't pay evil with evil but overcome it with good. They are lovers of good things and support righteousness.

Immature people are impatient, wicked, envious, boastful, proud, arrogant, rude, self-seeking, easily angered and keep record of wrongs. They delight in evil and do not stand in truth (1Cor 13:4-cool. God is love and He remains the benckmark that determines maturity. The attribute of immature people is not that of God. Anyone living such a life have not known God.

Prayer Point
Lord! Help me to keep growing into your likeness in Jesus name. Amen

Main Emphasis
When a man is still a child he will still be childish. When he grows in love in the likeness of Christ he becomes matured!!!

Have a Superb Thursday!!!

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest International Exams Registration / Rape / Ruga-settlements Shall Not Stand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.