Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! (1430 Views)

Nigerians Are Praying Harder And Nigeria Is Getting Harder Why? / 'Pastor' Says He Is Pro-choice Rather Than Pro-life - Gets Huge Pushback / Embrace God As You Go Through The Wilderness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2019
When you're in the world, you don't face much hardship, but immediately you leave sin and embrace God, immediately you give your life to Christ, life becomes so hard. Temptation here and there. Tribulations attacking. Principalities and powers of darkness will just want to take you out from salvation. They'll just be doing everything possible to make you backslide.

When I was in the world, I use to drink beer a lot, smoke cigarettes, masturbate, lie, quarrel, keep malice, miss church etc. Then God touched me and I stopped sinning. I stopped every vices that could hinder me from making heaven. I decided to forget about the world, material things, fleshly and worldly things. I gave my life fully to Christ. I prayed like my life depended on it. I even rewrote my CV to the exact experience and years of experience. Years I spent in each company......which could be a red flag for other prospective companies. The ones I used 5 years, I put the exact year(1 year) etc.

Boom, temptations and trials from all angles started trooping in. I lost my Uber driving job(owner collected his vehicle) Graduate experience jobs I applied, I got regret mails, and even this recent NNPC recruitment....I didn't get interview invite. My rent expired and landlord that use to give me 3 months grace is not willing to give 1 month. He's so on my neck and has even issued a notice. Nothing seems to be working. Nothing what so ever.

Now, I got an invite for interview, of which I lied about my years of experience and salary when I applied. They have demanded for my 3 months recent pay slip, appointment letter with my current company(a job I lied I still have, meanwhile I lost it about a year ago.)
I can't even find any payslip or even the appointment letter and I need not show them cos I lied about the salary I earn.
I have decided not to forge anything. Tomorrow is the interview. I'll just go there, show them the new CV(I have just a year experience not 5 years), and I can't find my appointment letter. What will be, will be.
Even my sister that supports financially has been suspended from work. Friends have deserted me.

The temptation is just too much. But guess what, I told the devil that I will NEVER EVER go back to the world. Bring all the sufferings, I am ready. Even if it means living under the bridge, damn I am ready to carry this cross and follow Christ. He himself suffered in this world. He said I will face tribulations, but I should be rest assured that he has conquered the world!

Devil, bring it on. Bring all the temptations, sufferings and tribulations, I am ready and eager to take them all and even die in it. I am not concerned about this world any more. One thing only do I want......To live in the lords house all my life!

If you're in the same shoe with me, have this at the back of your mind: "For there is no permanent city for us, here on earth; we are looking for the city which is to come(Heaven)" Hebrews 13:14

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by UceeGod: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
Prosperity preachers and their followers will not like this at all. They strongly believe the symbol for Christianity is no more a cross but private jet.

3 Likes

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hebrews 12: 6-11
1 Peter 4: 12-16
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Dafemich(m): 5:22am On Jun 28, 2019
The Lord is your strength. Brother do you know that's where the beauty is. Christian Life will be so boring if there is no trials and tribulations. That is what make you strong. I read a book recently, the title should be heros of faith. After reading that book, I concluded that we have not experience anything. There was a Christian couple that was set aflame for reading the Bible. The husband was first set aflame, and after watching her husband died, they ask the wife to renounce Christ and swear not to read the Bible again, but she refuse. She said she is going to join her husband in heaven. I cried reading that part of the book. brother it is not easy, I won't lie but this is how it is. This is what I always remember anytime am experiencing this trials, I remember Leah shuaibu.

3 Likes

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thank God for life
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
1984och:
When you're in the world, you don't face much hardship, but immediately you leave sin and embrace God, immediately you give your life to Christ, life becomes so hard. Temptation here and there. Tribulations attacking. Principalities and powers of darkness will just want to take you out from salvation. They'll just be doing everything possible to make you backslide.

When I was in the world, I use to drink beer a lot, smoke cigarettes, masturbate, lie, quarrel, keep malice, miss church etc. Then God touched me and I stopped sinning. I stopped every vices that could hinder me from making heaven. I decided to forget about the world, material things, fleshly and worldly things. I gave my life fully to Christ. I prayed like my life depended on it. I even rewrote my CV to the exact experience and years of experience. Years I spent in each company......which could be a red flag for other prospective companies. The ones I used 5 years, I put the exact year(1 year) etc.

Boom, temptations and trials from all angles started trooping in. I lost my Uber driving job(owner collected his vehicle) Graduate experience jobs I applied, I got regret mails, and even this recent NNPC recruitment....I didn't get interview invite. My rent expired and landlord that use to give me 3 months grace is not willing to give 1 month. He's so on my neck and has even issued a notice. Nothing seems to be working. Nothing what so ever.

Now, I got an invite for interview, of which I lied about my years of experience and salary when I applied. They have demanded for my 3 months recent pay slip, appointment letter with my current company(a job I lied I still have, meanwhile I lost it about a year ago.)
I can't even find any payslip or even the appointment letter and I need not show them cos I lied about the salary I earn.
I have decided not to forge anything. Tomorrow is the interview. I'll just go there, show them the new CV(I have just a year experience not 5 years), and I can't find my appointment letter. What will be, will be.
Even my sister that supports financially has been suspended from work. Friends have deserted me.

The temptation is just too much. But guess what, I told the devil that I will NEVER EVER go back to the world. Bring all the sufferings, I am ready. Even if it means living under the bridge, damn I am ready to carry this cross and follow Christ. He himself suffered in this world. He said I will face tribulations, but I should be rest assured that he has conquered the world!

Devil, bring it on. Bring all the temptations, sufferings and tribulations, I am ready and eager to take them all and even die in it. I am not concerned about this world any more. One thing only do I want......To live in the lords house all my life!

If you're in the same shoe with me, have this at the back of your mind: "For there is no permanent city for us, here on earth; we are looking for the city which is to come(Heaven)" Hebrews 13:14

Thank you so much, you just encouraged a soul here, l came to realise that going to the way of righteousness is like declaring a war against the devil's garrison. They will attack from all angles even using our loved ones just to abort that seed of God in us. I am going through the same thing here, my husband is against my spiritual life, it is not his doing, it is the devil, using him as a host to dissuade me. He almost succeeded, by using bible quotations to justify his claims, ofcourse l am submissive to my husband, l respect him and all but then, he has no hold over my soul, my soul belongs to God and l am ready to give up anything for my salvation.

Be motor now, is to fight on my knees, for my husband, my children and others who may stand in my way to the cross, to carry them along, for a change in their lives and their ways. For Nothing is impossible for God.
Devil is sooooooooooooo cunning

2 Likes

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by LordReed(m): 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
1984och:

Christians like psyching themselves with some bullshit. I stopped being a Christian a year ago and none of my challenges magically disappeared because I am now "in the world". You keep getting told bullshit and you swallow it without any critical thoughts. Everybody regardless of what they believe experience their own challenges and challenges change over time for everybody too. Stop kidding yourself with this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by OpenYourEyes1: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
This is wonderful one brother. Please don't give up.

Similar thing happened to me but I eventually got back what I lost. I lost what believe I don't deserve and i never looked back again
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Dantedasz(m): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2019
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by orisa37: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
I would say God makes you more responsible.
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thank you so much, you just encouraged a soul here, l came to realise that going to the way of righteousness is like declaring a war against the devil's garrison. They will attack from all angles even using our loved ones just to abort that seed of God in us. I am going through the same thing here, my husband is against my spiritual life, it is not his doing, it is the devil, using him as a host to dissuade me. He almost succeeded, by using bible quotations to justify his claims, ofcourse l am submissive to my husband, l respect him and all but then, he has no hold over my soul, my soul belongs to God and l am ready to give up anything for my salvation.

Be motor now, is to fight on my knees, for my husband, my children and others who may stand in my way to the cross, to carry them along, for a change in their lives and their ways. For Nothing is impossible for God.
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
My motor now, is to fight on my knees, for my husband, my children and others who may stand in my way to the cross, to carry them along, for a change in their lives and their ways. For Nothing is impossible for God.
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by razible5384(m): 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
1984och:

have worked down that road bro an trust me it isn't funny, when it seems the World is on your shoulder, an nothing u do seems to work, but trust me, your breakthrough is on the way an the stars will surely align for your cause, just keep up with the faith, don't be lukewarm in your service to him but be diligent an wait on him patiently.

Don't let this so called atheist draw you away from the truth, just know that what you going through is just for a while (1peter 5:10)and he has not called the seed of Jacob to seek him in vain,what u going through is just a test of faith an u will surely come out strong just keep engaging him in prayers (Philippians 4:6),he will see u through

1 Like

Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Elliotwealth1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kai Kai kai Kai
And I thought i was the only one experiencing this thing.
It's really not easy tho, truth be told I gave up this year and I started smoking again.
The tension and everything nr da easy.
Before could happily brag of earning more than 100k a month during my bad days, now everything just went down.
I'm still in shock, cuz it all happened so fast like film trick.
Now man nr fit buy ordinary bag of pure water
Sometimes in my heart I go jus ask God which kind life be this, na so I wna tya train my future family and my mom
Re: Life Gets Harder And Tougher When You Embrace God! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2022
Elliotwealth1:
Kai Kai kai Kai
And I thought i was the only one experiencing this thing.
It's really not easy tho, truth be told I gave up this year and I started smoking again.
The tension and everything nr da easy.
Before could happily brag of earning more than 100k a month during my bad days, now everything just went down.
I'm still in shock, cuz it all happened so fast like film trick.
Now man nr fit buy ordinary bag of pure water
Sometimes in my heart I go jus ask God which kind life be this, na so I wna tya train my future family and my mom

That is why God's Way is The Only Way. The secret is you have to truly "learn what God Teaches if not, you are not going to have it easy.

People keep thinking that God does not know them and they think that they can outmaneuver Him.

It is impossible to.

Ron kenoly's song "All the Way" dropped some hints and Bible has them all.

"The day I chose to give my life to You
Is the day that everything began to change
The problems that I faced
Were getting stronger
I thought when I got saved
My problems would go away

But the change I made
Began to really take a toll on me
No matter what the cost may be

And when I told my friends about You Lord
The laughed hysterically
But no matter what they say
Or what they choose to think of me
I′m gonna stay here strong
For You my Lord
No matter what the cost may be

I'm gonna serve You
Because I love You
I′m going with You
All the way
When friends forsake me
I won't let it break me
I'm going with You
All the way
All the way

Now the problems that I face are getting smaller
Because my faith in You
Is getting oh so strong
The peace and love from You
It keeps me standing
Through anything I go through
I know that I can′t lose
′Cause the more I pray
The more I feel Your strength inside of me
And the more I seek Your face
I find You're all I really need
And this feeling that I feel
I′ve never felt since I've been free
I′m gonna stand here strong
For You my Lord
No matter what the cost may be"

I hope you figure it out as I and Ron Kenoly have!

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Rich Witchdoctor Who Never Misses Church / I Am Sorry For Believing Daddy Freeze Now I Know Who The True Christians Are / Kanae Vujicic, Nick Vujicic’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.