Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine (3370 Views)

The History And Evolution Of Honda Civic / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic / How Can One Know When The Leg Of Honda Car Is About To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Nefo: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please does anybody have an idea about the cost of Honda Accord Discussion Continues 3.0 V6 Engine? And where to get one in good condition. I think the engine code is J30. I will really appreciate your help.

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by dawnomike(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
Honda Village, Ladipo Auto-parts market, Lagos state.

Cost is about 150k to 180k.

If you want a brand new engine... You have to order it yourself from overseas through carparts.com
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by banky3w(m): 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
Contact Gazzuzz
Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Lexusgs430: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nefo:
Please does anybody have an idea about the cost of Honda Accord Discussion Continues 3.0 V6 Engine? And where to get one in good condition. I think the engine code is J30. I will really appreciate your help.

Wetin do your engine?....

This engines are built to last...........
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
dawnomike:

If you want a brand new engine ... You have to order it yourself from overseas through carparts.com

we are in 2019, That's a 13year old car

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Wetin do your engine?....

This engines are built to last...........

overheating, timining belt, sludge.

That's the Nigerian way

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

That's the Nigerian way

So it's presumed not the engines fault, but owner/driver errors...........
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by alezzy13: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
dawnomike:

If you want a brand new engine... You have to order it yourself from overseas through carparts.com

@bolded, unless he's accompanied by and experienced hand, I won't advise
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Nefo: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

That's the Nigerian way

Nothing is wrong with the Engine. The previous mechanic that worked on it, didn't do a very good job. I was angry when they engine started acting up but thankfully I later got another mechanic who resolved most of the problems. The timing was not properly set after it was replaced. It did not cut but was replaced as part of maintenance. Car was also overheating for no reason and instead of identifying the fault, the mechanic went to put the fan on direct blow. The mechanic was also running SAE20W50 oil as against SAE5W20. Very fraudulent. It pays to buy engine oil by yourself and have the mechanic change it.

Please can wrongly set timing cause over heating problems.??

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Lexusgs430: 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nefo:

Nothing is wrong with the Engine. The previous mechanic that worked on it, didn't do a very good job. I was angry when they engine started acting up but thankfully I later got another mechanic who resolved most of the problems. The timing was not properly set after it was replaced. It did not cut but was replaced as part of maintenance. Car was also overheating for no reason and instead of identifying the fault, the mechanic went to put the fan on direct blow. The mechanic was also running SAE20W50 oil as against SAE5W20. Very fraudulent. It pays to buy engine oil by yourself and have the mechanic change it.

Yes

If the ignition timing is incorrect, not only will the engine run too hot but it won't have the power it should.

An incorrect air/fuel mixture can also cause an overheating problem, a lean air/fuel mixture will cause an engine to create more heat than a rich air/fuel mixture.......

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Lexusgs430: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nefo:

Try your best to get this engine working, it's a beautifully crafted engine with loads of raw power.....

I have the 3.5 V6...... Real power on the right leg..........

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:18am On Jun 28, 2019
Nefo:

what are u doing here?

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by autologic: 12:33am On Jun 28, 2019
Nefo:

No, there no relationship btw wrongly set timing and overheating .
But why the first mechanic even started opening up the engine in th first instance if it doesn't have maintenance issue caused by the owner cos I can see from all the statement that it the mechanic that is carrying all the blames and also I am yet to see a car that is overheating for no reason embarassed
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Nefo: 9:54am On Jun 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

what are u doing here?

I was about changing the engine. It would have been a huge mistake but thank God I found someone who told me to wait. Timing belts lasts for about 100,000 miles before they are replaced. Many don't know this. I did more research and found out that late timing can cause the fuel ignition process to go off too soon or too late which can heat up the chamber and cause vehicle to overheat. But this can is heightened when others factors are involved. But I am glad that the whole thing has been fixed. Thereby saving me $$$$ on engine replacement.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by autologic: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2019
Nefo:

I was about changing the engine. It would have been a huge mistake but thank God I found someone who told me to wait. Timing belts lasts for about 100,000 miles before they are replaced. Many don't know this. I did more research and found out that late timing can cause the fuel ignition process to go off too soon or too late which can heat up the chamber and cause vehicle to overheat. But this can is heightened when others factors are involved. But I am glad that the whole thing has been fixed. Thereby saving me $$$$ on engine replacement.
Timing belt issue causing overheating ? grin grin
Anybody that is telling you this is not getting his fact right cos if timing issue wll cause your car to overheat ,then at that extreme case ,you won't be able to use the engine again .
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Lexusgs430: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Nefo:

This is what further probing achieves.......... Glad your engine is working well now.....

Look after that engine and it would look after you.........
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by staneless(m): 1:43am On Jul 02, 2019
dawnomike:

Pls, how much for the new one, sir?
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Kewtt: 6:16am On Mar 22, 2021
autologic:

Timing belt issue causing overheating ? grin grin
Anybody that is telling you this is not getting his fact right cos if timing issue wll cause your car to overheat ,then at that extreme case ,you won't be able to use the engine again .
Mind your business Shylock. All is well that ends well. We know your type.
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by Kewtt: 6:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Nefo:

Lucky you. How's it going so far?
Re: Cost Of Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine by biggal: 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2021
Make una help me with my Toyota Corolla 98. It has engine problem

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Scared Of When Buying A Car? / Please What’s Your Opinion On 2013-2015 Honda Accord Exl-v6 Or Touring V6 / Advise Please ! What Good Obd Ii Car Scanner Can I Buy For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.