Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are (6318 Views)

Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP / Don't Underestimate Obi In Court, He Has A History Of Surprising People There. / EXCLUSIVE: Seychelles Begins Probe Of Saraki, Wife, For Alleged Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by Dhortunn(m): 1:14am On Jun 28, 2019
Thread 's first page already a war zone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by oyatz(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2019
Let's pray for our dear Country and not curse it.

You have benefited from Nigeria. The country will be better with time.

Southernminorit:
Imagine if Edo speaking people had formed a country, we would be like Seychelles. We have more gdp than them but does not show in our standard of living. Nigeria is cursed
Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by oyatz(m): 9:42am On Jun 28, 2019
If it's population, then should be richer because we have 200million citizens which can give us at least 120million workforce to develop the country.

isn't that the reason for keeping this country as one big country?

MetaPhysical:

It has to do with population. Imagine if population of Nigeria was 5million instead of 200million.

Honestly, i dont even think every one calling themselves Nigerians are indeed Nigerians.
Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by ak22(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2019
greenguy:
I'm not surprised at all... The economy have been stable for very long time and it's a friendly place for business.

What type of business can someone do there?
Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by budaatum: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
LordKO:
Lol. Don't allow the high GDP to deceive you, because it hasn't been reflecting well on majority of the inhabitants there. Realistically, less than 25 percent of the citizens control things/hold the bar, with the minority French (people) topping the list.
You can easily tell they've never been there. Neither have I, mind, but Mauritius, which I have been to is eye opening.

1 Like

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by theenchanter: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2019
budaatum:

You can easily tell they've never been there. Neither have I, mind, but Mauritius, which I have been to is eye opening.
eye opening in what sense?
Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by budaatum: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
theenchanter:
eye opening in what sense?
Mauritius was one big farm run on African slaves until slavery was abolished and wages were paid but conditions never changed for the former slaves who were now freed so they refused to work for their white masters who went to China to hire labour but could only find a few so they brought labour in from India. When the whites left, they sold up to the Chinese and Indians. The latter, being the majority, now rule Mauritius while the Chinese are some of the wealthiest people there. The black people though tend to operate on the margins of society as fishermen and traders and are amongst the poorest in Mauritius.

I've never been to Seychelles, but I would not be surprised if the black people there are the poorest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by greenguy: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
ak22:

What type of business can someone do there?

Agricultural products, Manufacturing, Oil&Gas or Marine businesses.

1 Like

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 29, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Extremities of rich and poor with a small or tiny middle-class is the hallmark of most if not all third world countries. What's helping these countries is their small and manageable populations.

However, i don't think the distance between the rich and poor in the countries mentioned is as stark as what we see in Nigeria. Our case is made even worse by other factors these countries don't have or suffer from to a much lesser extent. Factors like Fulani herdsmen and bandits; ethnicity and bigotry; nepotism; medieval-minded oligarchs who feel the country is their personal property; little or no gains from the hydrocarbon exploitation that's been going on for decades now; an unbalanced federation and political-economy; porous borders; etc.

we have our case but do you know how many crisis that goes on in that country that is not reported because it is a country of non importance

In gabon the stack between the rich and poor is damn high, only those close to the dictator make cash while the rest suffer in poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by Bestie2013: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2019
Nigeria is trying in GDP nominal ooo
You people should not underate us
Re: Small Seychelles With This Kind Of Money, Just Imagine How Rich People There Are by Bestie2013: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2019
Libya is good too in Africa economy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The north begins strike as they stop movement of food stuffs to the south(pix) / I'm Hearing That Nsukka Is Hot Right Now / Ojukwu, IBB To Meet, Ojukwu- Ibb Needs 16 Yrs Of Rule !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.