Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb (1185 Views)

FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / In Response To APC Calling A Constitutionally Setup Probe Panel Report IDIOTIC / Wike’s Panel Claim That Amaechi Stole Billions Is Idiotic – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by crackhouse(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
, It’s idiotic to link me with it –IBB
From AKIN ALOFETEKUN, Minna
Thursday, October 07, 2010.

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida yesterday reacted to the twin bomb blasts in Abuja, saying, “it is idiotic to associate me with something that will threaten the unity of Nigeria, especially on a symbolic day like that.”

Speaking at his Minna Uphill residence after receiving a bus donated to his campaign organisation by the Nigerians in Diaspora (Northern America and Europe), IBB said: “I fought a war. I know how I fought to make sure Nigeria is one. I am still carrying the shrapnel in my body up till today.
“I cannot do anything to threaten the unity of Nigeria. Only idiots will associate me with such a terrible thing.”

Babangida further said that his campaign director, Raymond Dokpesi who was questioned by the security operatives in connection with the incident could not have had any hand in it.

“You cannot associate Dokpesi with something like that. He cannot so something against Nigeria”, he defended.
The former leader posited that people cast their imaginative minds on Dokpesi because “Nigerians have fertile minds, his arrest is borne out of the imaginative and fertile minds of Nigerians. It is the price he is paying as a politician.”
Babangida blamed the nation’s security agencies for not nipping the incident in the bud saying, “nobody has disputed that government was given notice by the bombers, government was informed.

“You don’t need more than 24 hours to remedy it if you are informed and serious. Two days is more than enough for reaction, which is vital to security. I am not blaming anybody but there is a lapse.” Babangida said he was absent at the 50th independence anniversary in Abuja the day the bomb blast took place because he did not believe in the whole concept and the expenditure that accompanied it.

“I don’t believe in the whole concept lined up for the anniversary.The expenditure was too much. There are more imaginative and more effective ways of celebrating Nigeria at 50. The large expenditure should have gone into universities and other projects,” he said. Babangida expressed his gratitude to the Nigerians in the Diaspora for the donation and assured them that he was determined to see the race to its logical conclusion.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Abagworo(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
If Jonathan spoke this way,his rating would still have been high.Is IBB more educated,rational,calculative or exposed?
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Olaolufred(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
Independent Bomb Blast(IBB) is not more educated than GEJ.

He is too desperate that he is ready to do anything to achieve his Inordinate affection with Nigeria.

He is still regretting the fact that he stepped aside as said in 1993.

He did not commiserate with the families of the bereaved. But could defend himself cos he is pre-occupied with his demonic ambition.

Actually, IBB don't see the bomb issue as anything because he had done worse before.

It is not at all suprising that he can not condole with the people for just fourteen deads. That is a small number compare to the higher numbers expected.

President with the dirtiest use of English. An Idiot who fooled himself then thinking he had fooled nigerian. He ate his cake,but still want to have it again.

Demon.

May you die a miserable death like your boy Abacha.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by CareTaker1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
But the universities were there while you pocketed and syphoned the oil money sir.

You are truely learning to be political.

Also learn to be polite, its not idiotic to link you with the bombing,

as an accused/ a suspect, you are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

What is your fear? its eating you from inside and its coming out smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by T9ksy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2010
Posted by: Care-Taker
as an accused/ a suspect, you are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Wrong, in nigeria where everything is Upside Down, and in Particular with ibb, judging from his antecedents,
"You are assumed GUILTY until proven INNOCENT".
grin

So Ibb saying its idiotic to link him with the bombing, IMHO is not enough. He has to come up with irrefutable fact to clear his sordid name.
The man must really be losing his marbles if he thinks, his words alone are sufficient to sway our debauched opinoins of him.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2010
T9ksy:

Posted by: Care-Taker
Wrong, in nigeria where everything is Upside Down, and in Particular with ibb, judging from his antecedents,
"You are assumed GUILTY until proven INNOCENT".
grin

So Ibb saying its idiotic to link him with the bombing, IMHO is not enough. He has to come up with irrefutable fact to clear his sordid name.
The man must really be losing his marbles if he thinks, his words alone are sufficient to sway our debauched opinoins of him.

Hate him as we may, their is no STRONG evidence linking him, IBB, to all this. What we have are mostly UNCORROBORATED claims here and there that he is behind it. Even JTF is now claiming that IBB tried to hire them for the bombing . . . almost 7 days after the incident, and after their trip to Abuja to claim MEND did not do it, they are now telling us this and expect us as gullible folks that we are known to be, to believe this.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by T9ksy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
Posted by: Kobojunkie
Hate him as we may, their is no STRONG evidence linking him, IBB, to all this. What we have are mostly UNCORROBORATED claims here and there that he is behind it. Even JTF is now claiming that IBB tried to hire them for the bombing . . . almost 7 days after the incident, and after their trip to Abuja to claim MEND did not do it, they are now telling us this and expect us as gullible folks that we are known to be, to believe this

I hear u but nevertheless, I still wouldn't put anything pass that devil's incarnate, a.k.a. IBB.

Its instuctive that he wasn't present at the event before the bombing but however turned up for the photo-shot (of past HOS & presidents) afterwards.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2010
T9ksy:

Posted by: Kobojunkie .

I hear u but nevertheless, I still wouldn't put anything pass that devil's incarnate, a.k.a. IBB.

Its instuctive that[b] he wasn't present at the event [/b]before the bombing but however turned up for the photo-shot (of past HOS & presidents) afterwards.

The bombing itself did not take place AT the event. It happened a safe distance AWAY from the event. So, it could have easily been anyone.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by DRANOEL(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
nice speech,jonathan's advisers should pick a thing or two there on how leaders are to speak publicly
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by T9ksy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
The bombing itself did not take place AT the event. It happened a safe distance AWAY from the event. So, it could have easily been anyone

Yeah I know the bombing took place about 800 metres from where the VIPs were. The brits who knew about the bombing refused to send (& rightly so), their representatives. It could have been anyone but it seems plausible that IBB had foreknowledge of the act. And I don't believe the british intelligence, forewarned him, do u ? grin

You shoulda seen the look OBJoke gave IBB in the photo-shot. Speaks volume.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
T9ksy:

Yeah I know the bombing took place about 800 metres from where the VIPs were. The brits who knew about the bombing refused to send (& rightly so), their representatives. It could have been anyone but it seems plausible that IBB had foreknowledge of the act. And I don't believe the british intelligence, forewarned him, do u ? grin

You shoulda seen the look OBJoke gave IBB in the photo-shot. Speaks volume.

Ok . . . You admit the Brits knew of the bombing and refused to send their own. Are the Brits also suspects in this?
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by T9ksy(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ok . . . You admit the Brits knew of the bombing and refused to send their own. Are the Brits also suspects in this?

Comon, its common knowledge that the nigerian govt was pre-warned about the bombing hence Okah's house-search by the S. African govt, few days before the act itself. Can't remember now but I believe both the brits and another country warned JEG's govt. about the impending disaster. So, i wouldn't bother responding to ur obtuse question.

Have a good evening.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2010
I will admit that my question there is a loaded one but you also need to admit that your suggestion that IBB is probably guilty because he chose to skip the event is just as absurd . . . . lol  . . . .

Since the bombing was no secret, it is safe to say IBB probably heard and stayed away like the Brits did. And since there is NO DIRECT OR INDIRECT evidence at this time linking this to the man, he is probably right in stating it is IDIOTIC of anyone to link him to it all, regardless of the stories we have of his past.
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by warrior01: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
Independence Bomb Blast(IBB) since you said you didn't do it, no problem 'na we do am' grin grin grin
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
I am just so sick of Nigeria's politics, esp this election season. tchewww!!
A politic of endless maze, wtf is really going on nau?
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by cold(m): 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I am just so sick of Nigeria's politics, esp this election season. tchewww!!
A politic of endless maze, wtf is really going on nau?
It is what it is,politics-dirty.Only dirtier in Naija
Re: It's Idiotic To Link Me With It- Ibb by bjmighty(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
Olaolufred:

Independent Bomb Blast(IBB) is not more educated than GEJ.

He is too desperate that he is ready to do anything to achieve his Inordinate affection with Nigeria.

He is still regretting the fact that he stepped aside as said in 1993.

He did not commiserate with the families of the bereaved. But could defend himself cos he is pre-occupied with his demonic ambition.

Actually, IBB don't see the bomb issue as anything because he had done worse before.

It is not at all suprising that he can not condole with the people for just fourteen deads. That is a small number compare to the higher numbers expected.

President with the dirtiest use of English. An who fooled himself then thinking he had fooled nigerian. He ate his cake,but still want to have it again.

Demon.

May you die a miserable death like your boy Abacha.

AS much as i don't like joining convo with anyone on politics thread, let me point out first that am not Pro GEJ nor IBB. OK, IBB is evil and GEJ is the messier undecided Now, be truthful and maybe be real atleast for ones more again. Is IBB not making a strong valid point?? And how do u justify all the BILLIONS spent on the anniversary, whats is it thats on ground after the failed anniversary? Bro, lets be real. All these looters just come on the podium every 4 - 4 years and feed us with the same old shiit. None of these criminals should be trusted until they have proven themselves to be trusted. You're go fear fear after 4 years now and na still same place Nigeria stand if e no even go back pass this. God bless Nigeria. ****Pens down****

(1) (Reply)

Worlds Apart Musically, Fela Kuti And Lennon Both Radicalised A Generation / Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues / Breaking News! Goodluck Jonathan Declared Winner!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.