Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Twitter Intruduces New Rules Which Will Affect Politicians Globally - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Twitter Intruduces New Rules Which Will Affect Politicians Globally (246 Views)

How Will A Life Without The Internet Affect You? / SARS REFORM: 6 New Rules Of Engagement And What To Do In Case Of Harassment / Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Intruduces New Rules Which Will Affect Politicians Globally by Newsblenda(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
Twitter said Thursday it will start labeling tweets from influential government officials who break its rules against bullying and abusive behavior thus making them less visible.

The change came a day after US President Donald Trump complained that the platform was restricting his visibility.

In a blog post, the site said users will have to click through a message that explains why the tweet violated its rules before they can see the full post.

The move only affects new tweets from verified political candidates and government officials who have more than 100,000 followers.

Twitter also said it had changed the way the site displays posts to ensure that marked tweets are seen by fewer users.

Previously, the US-based tech giant had allowed such tweets to remain online without any warning arguing that the posts "were in the public's interest."

The platform's rules include bans on tweets that incite violence or harassment or include racist, sexist or other types of discriminatory speech.

TRUMP FACTOR
On Wednesday, US President Donald Trump complained that Twitter was intentionally lowering the status of his tweets and was biased in favor of his political opponents.

"What they did to me on Twitter is incredible," he said. "I have millions and millions of followers, but I will tell you they make it very hard for people to join me on Twitter, and they make it very hard for me to get out the message."

Trump has more than 61 million followers on Twitter.

Many users have in the past commented that the president's own blustering tweets violate Twitter's rules and have requested he be banned from using the platform.

Continue Reading: https://www.newsblenda.com/post/others/twitter-intruduces-new-rules-which-will-see-offensive-and-rule-breaking-tweets-from-politicians-marked-with-warning-signs.html

Re: Twitter Intruduces New Rules Which Will Affect Politicians Globally by mountmoriah(m): 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
Good formal them
Re: Twitter Intruduces New Rules Which Will Affect Politicians Globally by marostan(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2019

(1) (Reply)

. / My Hilarious Internship Interview Experience / Peruzzi Bought Himself A Brand New Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.