Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

No Human Being Was Self Made, So Be Humble. My Submission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Human Being Was Self Made, So Be Humble. My Submission (302 Views)

School Drop-out, Alexandr Wang Becomes 3rd World’s Youngest Self-made Billionair / Places On Earth NO HUMAN Has Ever Entered / Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Human Being Was Self Made, So Be Humble. My Submission by spacks(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2019
When one is naturally handsome or beautiful, and then such a person begins to exhibit pride as if he or she did anything special to merit the looks, it is quite annoying.

Similarly, if one finds his/herself to be naturally not as beautiful as others, he/she is not to go about head bowed, a-sorrowing. Honestly, you didn't create yourself.

My thoughts on this issue are that, what one cannot control should not become determinants of one's outlook at life. I would rather that everyone works to add value to their lives on a personal scale. Develop yourself at something. That, everyone can do.

If you flaunt your beauty, or sorrow at your unattractive looks, remember that all natural looks will fade with time and age. You know what won't fade, your personality and capacity which you've built.

If people patronize you today only because of your beauty (which you also heavily depend upon), what becomes of you when the beauty begins to diminish, or when younger beauties emerge? Competition will always come right? Please ask NITEL how she carried herself when she was the only kid on the block; then ask her how things have been since the President Obasanjo government allowed younger and more attractive girls like MTN, Globacom, etc on the telecoms market.

See, in real life, I have met some really handsome guys and beautiful ladies with intimidating brains and talents. I have also seen some not-really-fine dudes who have looked beyond the seeming facial deficiencies and consciously develop an overcomers mentality with tremendous levels of success in many different fields.

I believe no matter your looks, you can strive to be known for something great, by developing yourself in one area or another. Strive to excel at something and remain there until you achieve the said success. Leave the realm of using your looks to survive, and venture into the realm where one skill or the other becomes your specialty - your looks, (if fine) only reinforce your skill.
Re: No Human Being Was Self Made, So Be Humble. My Submission by spacks(m): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2019
So nairalander what's your take on this issue cool

(1) (Reply)

SAT Tutorials / What Should I Eat At Night To Build Muscle? / Teachers Are Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.