Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager (3203 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Appoints Oyetunde-Lawal As New General Manager Of LASODA / My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP / LASTMA To Investigate ₦11,300 Extortion Allegation – General Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Blue3k2: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2019
The General Manager of Taraba State Water Supply Agency, Mr Buba Musa, has disclosed that the agency currently loses N72 million annually as a result of water leakages from broken pipes and nonpayment of bills by water consumers.

Musa made the disclosure at a media roundtable meeting tagged: E-WASH (Effective Water Sanitation and Hygiene Services) on Thursday in Jalingo.

The programme was sponsored by USAID in Nigeria.

According to him, among the agency’s debtors were government ministries, agencies, parastatal organisations and residents.

He, therefore, appealed to all the consumers to pay their bills, promptly, to enable the agency serve them better, warning that the increase in population of people in Jalingo, due to insecurity in some states in the Northeast, called for an efficient water supply within the state to cope with the pressure.

Musa reminded the consumers that the high cost of generating potable water and maintenance of broken pipes were affecting the operations of the agency.

According to him, the agency injects a minimum of N8 million monthly into the generation of water but realizes only N2 million monthly.

He urged the residents to also report activities of vandals to the agency, adding they were militating against sustainable water supply in the state.

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/27/taraba-water-agency-loses-n72m-annually-general-manager/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Blue3k2: 6:44am On Jun 28, 2019
If the customers refuse to pay why are you supplying them? This is the 2nd or 3rd state I read with this issue. It's funny it's the government not paying government.

How many of you guys get water from this agency? Is their service good and inexpensive?
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Nukilia: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2019
Which government unit is not operating at a loss in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Bossontop(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2019
undecided
Naigeria and waste na 5 & 6 aswear

1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by driand(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2019

Why do you want people to pay for water that was given freely by God?

1 Like

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by helinues: 6:59am On Jun 28, 2019
72m only?

It simply means less than 35% of the states have access to pipe borne water

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2019
Blue3k2:
If the customers refuse to pay why are you supplying them? This is the 2nd or 3rd state I read with this issue. It's funny it's the government not paying government.

How many of you guys get water from this agency? Is their service good and inexpensive?

That is the question.

If the Water Board cuts off water supply for non-payment now...people will be crying 'They are anti-people'

Yet expect the water board to give them good water with what money?

Same issue with power supply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by coonett87: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2019
We are our problem I repeat our problem in this country. Imagine a Gov pleading to govt. agencies to pay water bills the same way Aisha complained of I adequacy of drugs in SHC. Which way Nigeria��
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Acedave1(m): 7:09am On Jun 28, 2019
abeg make i hear word

they refuse to pay, who refuse pay the government workers or the individuals..

have never taste pipe borne water, suppy by gov since i was born

only 3% of the population are benefiting not even benefiting cos they are paying for it
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by FarahAideed: 7:17am On Jun 28, 2019
Does Nigeria have a any working Water Board service ?

1 Like

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by omoadeleye(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2019
How come?

driand:

Then the people should go and get their water themselves
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by materialproject: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2019
Fix it
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by suitlovers: 8:48am On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:
Does Nigeria have a any working Water Board service ?

That's the same question that i am asking Bro.

I can help you find a very good suit of 15,000 Naira.
If you need the best quality Men's UK Suits at 15,000 Naira, feel free to check my signature.

. Feel free to check my profile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2019
Acedave1:
abeg make i hear word

they refuse to pay, who refuse pay the government workers or the individuals..

have never taste pipe borne water, suppy by gov since i was born

only 3% of the population are benefiting not even benefiting cos they are paying for it

Have you considered that the reason why only 3% of the population is benefiting is because most people are not paying their bills, government agencies included?

No money paid, no money for equipment, expansion,etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by AerialMapper: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2019
driand:

Water from the sky was given freely. However, to get it to the taps in your house is not free!

Utilities spend a lot of money; more than you can imagine to get water from source to the taps

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by booksrite(f): 3:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
Water from the sky was given freely. However, to get it to the taps in your house is not free!Utilities spend a lot of money; more than you can imagine to get water from source to the taps

cry
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by booksrite(f): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
72m only?It simply means less than 35% of the states have access to pipe borne water

smiley
Re: Taraba Water Agency Loses N72m Annually – General Manager by booksrite001: 2:26am On Jul 02, 2019
blue3k2:
Source:

embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Governor Of Rivers Speaks On Leaving PDP And Oshiomhole / #BiafraExit Is Trending On Twitter / Nigerian Politician Caught Counting Billions With His Family In Their Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.