Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? (1046 Views)

Iphone 14pro Max Android Versions Replica / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / Do You Know That Google Names Its Android Versions Alphabetically? Take A Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by AmadorSays: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2019
If you are a TECNO, Samsung, Infinix, Xaomi or any Android smartphone user, gather here cos this table shaking is for you.

Here's the deal, some Android users biggest complain is Android updates to their smartphones, this has been the case because of how complicated it is for manufacturers to deliver updates to devices. Google has been working on a fix for updates and decoupling Android components seems to be the way out. Android will be updated in such a way some of its components will be updated independently without the need for a major version update.
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by AmadorSays: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2019
ANDROID JET PACK

The move for decoupling actually started years ago with a series developer APIs called Android Jetpack which gives developers the ability to write apps that works across versions with most of their most have features built-in unlike before where you probably needed a higher android version to take advantage of key features in some application. Google apps are a good example of how features exist within the apps and not the operating system.

Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by AmadorSays: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2019
PROJECT MAINLINE

One key aspect of android decoupling is security, which Google had gradually started working on with google play protect, flexible security patch for OEM's with Android 8.0 which allowed OEMs deliver a patch to Android without need for a major update. But, during I/O 2019 Google announced PROJECT MAINLINE which will deliver updates via google play to 12 core aspects of Android without the need to restart.
Security: Media Codecs, Media Framework Components, DNS Resolver, Conscript
Privacy: Documents UI, Permission Controller, ExtServices
Consistency: Timezone data, ANGLE (developers opt-in), Module Metadata, Networking components, Captive Portal Login, Network Permission Configuration

This is not the final solution to update problems and these wouldn't be immediately available to all phones yet even if your phone gets updated to Android Q due to the kernel support, but its a step in the right direction when it comes to solving android update problems.

Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by AmadorSays: 10:44am On Jun 28, 2019
CONCLUSION

Android itself is a mature OS, and most of the recent updates have been minor tweaks which already existed in some OEM's custom software, also some OEM's have been guilty of sending updates which is noticeable more buggy than the software which shipped with the phone.
I am not saying Android updates are totally irrelevant and you should stop caring about updates, at least your entitled to software support for buying a product from an OEM; but be smart about it, instead of worrying more about the android versions worry more about security patches, features, stability and performance of the device.

source: http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/general/326759-how-android-version-could-become-irrelevant

Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Corroro: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2019
Personally I'll stand on the point that that google versions can not necessarily be irrelevant because there is a constant need to upgrade your game in what ever you're doing hence the need for updates, and what better way do you introduce updates if not by producing better versions?
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Uchechiokpara39: 11:07am On Jun 28, 2019
Update version always comes with latest improvement on apps...hence need for update...
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by koskilala: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Creating an Android version that doesn't need update will be a very welcome idea, alreast the users won't have to worry about updates anymore but then how assured will they be of consistent current services as long as they use the device seeing that new developments come up everyday
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Realboygenius(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Having the latest Android version used to interest me before now but Google has ruined everything. Let me just enjoy my Spark 3 with no problem.
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by bravesoul247(m): 8:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
I doubt if it'll ever become irrelevant. Updates comes with updated security patch and software, hence then need for it.
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Freelancerx: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
I would say google version can never be irrelevant, because they have what it takes and a lot of experience when it comes to giving out updates and i think they are working day and night
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Whizzahd(m): 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
Just another project ara. An absolute waste of time
Re: Could Android Versions Become Irrelevant??? by Gwandana: 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
You know its always a good news to hear of a latest version released but with this recent update we hope it suits ever user

(1) (Reply)

Ok / Bobarry Smart Phones And Accessories / 9mobile Is Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.