Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

After Plane Seat Brouhaha ...what Next? - By 'yanju Uwala - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / After Plane Seat Brouhaha ...what Next? - By 'yanju Uwala (246 Views)

Tonto Dike VS Bobrisky Brouhaha / Professor Wole Soyinka Finally Reacts To Plane Seat Incident Reveals What Happen / BREAKING: All Flights To Abuja Airport Cancelled After Plane Overshoots Runway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Plane Seat Brouhaha ...what Next? - By 'yanju Uwala by DJournal: 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
The media space was agog yesterday even till this morning with the incident of a young man, named, Tosin Odunfa, who asked the Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, to stand up from his seat, in as much they board same airplane. Everyone had made their own comment on the scenario, and I have been opportuned to read many comments on the issue too as many had blasted the young man questioning him, why act in such "disrespectful manner", and at same time, some supported his choice of options. While giving his own side of the story, it is like he's sorry about his decision because he made it clear that he was not informed about who WS was but he has updated himself and read up on him. He also said that he was a PhD holder in an American university, Mannittawiw.

I won't say much about the incident because it has been discussed all throughout yesterday but I will talk more on what the young man said Prof. discussed with him, as a youth. He said, " He thinks that Nigerian youths need to stand up more for themselves than we do" and he spoke to me about the ideals they tried to promote when he co-founded a secret society in his youth.

This is the point of view in which we the youth and younger ones need to come into array, the system is going off on us and we are happy, we keep following these poli'thief'icians and we don't even know where our future hands us to. Yet their own future, their own wards are enjoying their lifetime in foreign lands/countries. Prof Soyinka, has enlightened the young man, Tosin Odunfa, that he doesn't have any issue with him, on exchange of seats but as Nigerian youths they (we) need to stand up for our rights as soon as possible.

He added, "I have read up on him now and know for sure that Wole Soyinka is a great man but I sadly was not taught about him in school. We exchanged contact information and I will certainly stay in touch"

I am not in for same position others have uttered out since yesterday but look from another view on the issue on ground, which could be of importance to we, the youths especially...we need to overlook that area and look into another to get vital lessons from it. It is important.

Yanju Uwala
Abeokuta, Ogun State

Re: After Plane Seat Brouhaha ...what Next? - By 'yanju Uwala by alujonjonkijon: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
wole soyinka sent a memo to MO ABUDU saying he never exchange words with the guy and he certainly didnt exchange contacts adresses with him.MO ABUDU has posted this much on the internet.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi / A.O.C Records Dragged Nigerian Billionaire Singer Davido To Court Over N4.000.00 / SO SAD!! Corps Member Dies Due To Birth Complications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.