Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Is Our Best Really The Best??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Our Best Really The Best??? (179 Views)

Choose Our Best Quality Cash & Note Binding Machine By Fast Wave / Our Best Cbd Cream For Pain That Removes Your Pain With A Few Minutes / Is 2020 Really The Beginning Of A New Decade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Best Really The Best??? by BalogunIdowu(m): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
We want to be the best
We want to be the first
Better than all the rest

We want to be at the crest
We want to be the next
Recognised beyond our nest.

Hello! Before you're carried away by those lines. Let's come back to the center of discuss. We all want to be at the best of what we do and perhaps some may note they want to be perfect in it which is out of one of my principles I accept but of course some can accept it without being judgemental. Yeah, exactly what I said, we are not necessarily meant to have the same perspective about a matter at all times with others regardless of whom they are. Be it a professor, an influencer, a celebrity or whatever category we may think of. What's important is respecting the view of the other person regardless of their status.

Elaborating on the topic of discuss, for instance, in everything we do we try to put in our best or I'll say infact we tend to say "we put in our very best". But the question here is, "IS THERE ANYTHING BEYOND OUR BEST?" or better reframed as "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN OFFER AFTER OUR BEST?". The answer is yes, and I will continue to reiterate YES!

Sometimes back, I had discussion with one of my lecturers. After a period of discussing, he asked how may performance was in the recent incourse exam (test in medical school) and I replied as usual that I did my best. After a while he disagreed that my result wasn't at my best, it wasn't a superfly result. That if that was my best and yet not in flying colours then is either that wasn't my best or at my best, I couldn't deliver as much. So which way do we go with

Overtime, I thought about the discussion and I actually realised that we cannot do our best in everything we do (just wait and continue reading before catching goose bumps). For if the result comes out good, does it imply it can't be better the next time and that is just our best. More alarming, if it comes out bad or even a fiasco, does that also imply that at our own very best that we have claimed failure as beaten us at our own game. No, no and no! Failure is entirely another ball game and you can find my little write up about it below

https://balogunidowu./2017/09/14/first-blog-post/

However the best of what we intend to say we do in everything is more of us at peak or our all towards the particular assignment or task and however when we report to or deliver to those concerned, they'll make a mockery of our failed best and of course they'll appreciate when it turns out fine but the fact is it can turn out better at other times too. However I have always preferred to use subtle term EFFORT. Like saying "hello lad, I tried my possible efforts to get that thing done" rather than "hello lad, I tried my best to get things done".

Truth be told, we are stereotyped in saying the former at most times but can always adjust and particularly understand that there is more beyond our best and we can always do very much at a later time. I hope this have goes to a little extent about changing out thoughts of our we think of our best. Until my next post, stay tuned!

https://balogunidowu./2019/06/28/is-our-best-really-the-best/

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
indigenousGenius
400L Medical student
LASU

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your First Million 9gbedu Media / Buy Phones, Electronics & Win Lots Of Gifts - Spectrum Phones / Ask God For A Strategic Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.