Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents (786 Views)

Uk Tax Forum For Immigrants And Uk Residents / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Ayodejioak(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
We cannot undermine the fact that information is key; especially in an an information driven foreign land like America.
I can recall countless times where just knowing what right person or question to ask saved a lot of time, money and effort.
Here on NL, I read stories on Nigerians who migrated to the US but ended up making Israelite trips, Making their 40 months Journey turn to a 40 year one. Or someone who swore never to work in a hospital in their home country suddenly enrolled in an LPN/RN class prepping for NCLEX.

How Nice will it be to get direct, helpful working information from the point of you applying for your F-1 visa to Getting an I-20, then Application fee and all..?
How lovely will it be to understand your not on your own with your B1/B2 vacation plan?
How about the ones planning to give birth? or a Perfomer? or a scholarship winner? or a J-1 exchange? ow whatever US immigrant/non-immigrant visa class you pursue?

For we legal US residents, How about we provide the correct information for new immigrants? Ranging from Visa categories to apply for based on specific cases, POEs, Working legally, Schooling, Self/Family petition to change status, Starting a LLC in US, choosing a career path among others.

Ask questions and feel free to tag monikers with proven knowledge in this field.
Let the comments roll in!
CC: DisGuy justwise Lalasticlala Seun

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Facebooker(f): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thanks @op for creating a thread like this. It's just the perfect time for me as I have previously applied for a US B1/B2 visa twice but was denied.
Luckilly, I applied the third time and interviewed 2weeks ago. I just picked up my passport. Still in shock that I finally become the first to visit USA in my entire generation lol. Not even my parents know how hard i'm sourcing for my ticket fare right now. cheesy wink

4 Likes

Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by megafaraday(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
Following
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Appetizer(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
It's been 9 weeks since I made it to the states, ATL precisely. I currently stay with a family friend but there's a ton of info i wish I knew about the states before embarking on the trip. I make a meagre sum and still have to settle them every 2 weeks for rent and food. I can't even boast of any tangible $$ to save.

Is it just me being unlucky or everyone passed through this stage. PS, I feel like the wife hates me so much that I almost find it hard to eat in that house now. lol
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Spanishmilf(m): 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Appetizer:
It's been 9 weeks since I made it to the states, ATL precisely. I currently stay with a family friend but there's a ton of info i wish I knew about the states before embarking on the trip. I make a meagre sum and still have to settle them every 2 weeks for rent and food. I can't even boast of any tangible $$ to save.

Is it just me being unlucky or everyone passed through this stage. PS, I feel like the wife hates me so much that I almost find it hard to eat in that house now. lol
it just a matter of time they kick you out
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Nezzel(f): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Facebooker:
Thanks @op for creating a thread like this. It's just the perfect time for me as I have previously applied for a US B1/B2 visa twice but was denied.
Luckilly, I applied the third time and interviewed 2weeks ago. I just picked up my passport. Still in shock that I finally become the first to visit USA in my entire generation lol. Not even my parents know how hard i'm sourcing for my ticket fare right now. cheesy wink

Hi dear
Please could you help me out, with a step by step guide on how you applied.
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by hammed71(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Appetizer:

save up some cash and get your apartment
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by FreeMejoor1(m): 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hope this thread comes handy when i apply oneday..
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 29, 2019
Appetizer:

If you manage to buy a car, become homeless for awhile and live in your car. Register in a gym for shower and free restrooms are in all eateries, gas stations and stores. This will help you to save up and also buy you time to get a better job. If you don't have papers, I strongly suggest you relocate to California asap.
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Spanishmilf(m): 1:49am On Jun 29, 2019
J111333:
If you manage to buy a car, become homeless for awhile and live in your car. Register in a gym for shower and free restrooms are in all eateries, gas stations and stores. This will help you to save up and also buy you time to get a better job. If you don't have papers, I strongly suggest you relocate to California asap.
Nigerians abroad don't wanna assist their fellow Nigeria I remember when my dad when to the state his blood sister made him see hell a fully grown man serving like a servant in his sister place.........it just a matter of time they use style to kick him out
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 29, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Nigerians abroad don't wanna assist their fellow Nigeria I remember when my dad when to the state his blood sister made him see hell a fully grown man serving like a servant in his sister place.........it just a matter of time they use style to kick him out
Yea most of them do it. I heard they suffered back in the day and they all want new comers to suffer too which to me is wickedness. Funny thing is that most of them wasted their years and are scared the new guys are more focused and will make it more than they did.

2 Likes

Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by Spanishmilf(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2019
J111333:
Yea most of them do it. I heard they suffered back in the day and they all want new comers to suffer too which to me is wickedness. Funny thing is that most of them wasted their years and are scared the new guys are more focused and will make it more than they did.
They make fake promised before u start coming and when you reach their, the first 2 days will be very welcoming and you will be happy but the remaining weeks it will be brutal.......the bitter truth of the matter is One day One day they will need d help of d man they once treated so bad

1 Like

Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by ashatoda: 7:29am On Jun 29, 2019
Please can someone give a breakdown of visas one can apply for considering that such a person don't want to be living like a fugitive over there.
Re: Help Thread For Aspiring US Immigrants/non-immigrants And Current US Residents by AlanKlein: 2:06am On Aug 22, 2019
Good day Fam

Please I would be traveling out the country (to Europe, sorry I wouldn't like to reveal so much about me, for personal reasons) to study by September, but I would like to get a summer job in the Us during the holidays so I can work, make some money and also build my Travel record for the sake of the future. I would like to know how possible this can be, and what websites could I visit to apply for Summer Jobs then,

Also, any advice, tips, information regarding Summer Jobs in the Us would be very welcomed and highly appreciated as I have no knowledge about this,

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

How Wakanow.com Issued Me An Invalid Ticket And Refusing To Refund Me. / Human Trafficking In Dubai / Biggest Retail Store In Canada...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.