Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

'I Am Not Worried By The Lack Of Goals' - Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Am Not Worried By The Lack Of Goals' - Rohr (313 Views)

Football World Greets Ronaldo As He Clocks A Century Of Goals for Portugal / I Am Not Worried About Losing To Czech - Gernot Rohr / Videos Of Goals By Super Falcons Players (For Club And Country) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Am Not Worried By The Lack Of Goals' - Rohr by Soccerhero: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Nigeria have one of the most potent attacks in African football but have struggled to score goals at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations, netting twice in two matches.

Kenneth Omeruo who has become such an important player for the Super Eagles in Egypt scored off a corner kick to hand the three-time African champions a slender 1-0 win against Guinea on Wednesday.

Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi tested the goalkeeper from outside the box on two occasions while Oghenekaro Etebo and Odion Ighalo also had opportunities to break the deadlock before the game-winning goal from the Chelsea defender.

''I am not worried about the level of our attack because we had other opportunities to score. We had two nice opportunities to open the scoring in the first half,'' Rohr told reporters on Wednesday.

''If you remember our first goal (scored by Ighalo), it was for me one of the most beautiful goals in the tournament, the goal we scored the other day against Burundi, it was prepared.

''Against Guinea we scored from a set-piece, it's good for a coach to know that we can also score from set-pieces and corners. In the past we conceded goals from corners, if now we can score goals from corners I am very happy.''

The Super Eagles returned to the training pitch on Thursday to begin preparations for their next game against Madagascar.

(1) (Reply)

Can We Ban The Nigeria Based Turkish Players From SE / Arsenal Star To Manchester United????? Wow / Nigeria �� Vs Cameroon �� 3-2 Full Time Highlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.