Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science (14626 Views)

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
camobri:

who will pay u 120? usually start with 80. and forget the crap about RN better than BNSc. it is all bullshit. go for ur BNsc straight up. instead of apending 5years in Nursing schl and now start uni in 200level, making 9years to get a degree. u wld always learn on d job and that is why we have internship. mbbs guys did their degree in uni, and dey knw nothing practicall until ey go for housemanship. that is d purpose of internship
sorry,you totally missed my point.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
camobri:

death trap if you go to some schools. those ones are wicked and pharmacy is the toughest course on earth. ask the graduates or those who studuied pharmacy and later went for Medicine.
Well ,the toughest has always been Dentistry/VetMed.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
camobri:

some of them are not registered nurses tho. they are quacks and call themselves doctors. even male registered nurses are called doctors, no matter how much u correct them, they dont wanna knw, society will always call u doctor. even if ur a cleaner and a male, u be hearing, doctor doctor. doctor
Then you putting them in the right so they(patients)would learn.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by huslerr(m): 4:43am On Jul 10, 2019
camobri:
in UK but not in nigeria.

Ok thanks
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by zinaunreal(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2020
Shila16:
My aunt advised me to go for nursing because of its lucrative nature outside Nigeria, but my mind is tilting towards medical lab science because I always love something tasking that enables me think
Do what you are comfortable with
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
thesicilian:

I have never and may never employ a male nurse. Don't ask me why cos I don't think I even know.
All I know is females are more favored than males in the nursing profession.

Go for MLS bro, the pay is higher and if you know your way there are plenty opportunities career wise.

FEW REASONS WHY MANY DOCTORS WON'T GET MALE NURSES.

1) The Doctors can't intimidate and manipulate the Male Nurse as they do to the female Nurse.

2) The Male Nurse can challenge the doctor to his face but the female Nurse will instead shiver, bow and say yes sir.

3) The Male Nurse can intelligently argue with the doctor, which he doesn't want.

4) The Male Nurse will not just accept any kobo to work, but the female Nurse can accept anything

5) When the Male Nurse performs brilliantly at work and does not just refer cases to the doctor, the Male Nurse will gain patient's confidence and attention and as a result be called doctor. So many Doctors do not want this to happen, hence will not employ Male Nurse.

6) Male Nurse can not easily be sent an errand like the female folk. You can imagine a female Nurse taking bucket to fetch water into the Doctor's office and cleaning his table. Something a Male Nurse will not do. So they will not employ you.

7) The presence of an intelligent, skilful and matured minded Male Nurse is an intimidation to the doctor, so he won't employ you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by thesicilian: 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
anastasius:

FEW REASONS WHY MANY DOCTORS WON'T GET MALE NURSES.

1) The Doctors can't intimidate and manipulate the Male Nurse as they do to the female Nurse.

2) The Male Nurse can challenge the doctor to his face but the female Nurse will instead shiver, bow and say yes sir.

3) The Male Nurse can intelligently argue with the doctor, which he doesn't want.

4) The Male Nurse will not just accept any kobo to work, but the female Nurse can accept anything

5) When the Male Nurse performs brilliantly at work and does not just refer cases to the doctor, the Male Nurse will gain patient's confidence and attention and as a result be called doctor. So many Doctors do not want this to happen, hence will not employ Male Nurse.

6) Male Nurse can not easily be sent an errand like the female folk. You can imagine a female Nurse taking bucket to fetch water into the Doctor's office and cleaning his table. Something a Male Nurse will not do. So they will not employ you.

7) The presence of an intelligent, skilful and matured minded Male Nurse is an intimidation to the doctor, so he won't employ you.

I hope you are not female, because all these points you have given generally tend to imply that the male nurses are more intelligent than the females, which is insulting to say the least on the female nurses, because as we all know intelligence has nothing to do with gender.

Secondly, the major reason many doctors don't actually use male nurses is that many of them after some time start pretending to be/ impersonating doctors, which is bad for the medical profession as a whole.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 08, 2020
thesicilian:

I hope you are not female, because all these points you have given generally tend to imply that the male nurses are more intelligent than the females, which is insulting to say the least on the female nurses, because as we all know intelligence has nothing to do with gender.

Secondly, the major reason many doctors don't actually use male nurses is that many of them after some time start pretending to be/ impersonating doctors, which is bad for the medical profession as a whole.
Why do MD instead of employing MOs look for Male Nurses to consult and man their clinics ? So people will think they are doctors?
Why do MD look for school certs drop outs to train and become "nurses" aka auxiliary? So they could pay 15k per month at the detriment of patients.
Your second point stems from the fact that you people are greedy and would encourage quackery all in the name of maximising profit.
I'm not a nurse nor a female but the 7points are the truth if you remove sentiments.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Sctests: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
Shila16:
I have a very good Jamb score and I chose University of Ibadan as my choice ,but can't seem to choose between these two courses am so confused right now. Please I need the help of seasoned people on this thread to guide me in the right path in terms of job prospect on this 2 courses .Thanks

When you are done with MLS, start evaluating your degree WES, while your brain is still hot, write and pass the ASCP exam for American MLS professionals (can be written in Nigeria), get your visascreen and start applying for jobs on Indeed, LinkedIn and Vivian, glassdoor. You will find employees who will hire you and sponsor your H1b visa if you are good enough. In a few months, you are likely to be in the United States after that.

The process is long (12-18 months), so I'll advise you to start preparing to write the ASCP exam (generalist) during your internship. By the time you are done with NYSC, you could be on your way out. If you fail ASCP five times, you are out.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by kumbhuru: 7:25am On Feb 04
thesicilian:

I have never and may never employ a male nurse. Don't ask me why cos I don't think I even know.
All I know is females are more favored than males in the nursing profession.

Go for MLS bro, the pay is higher and if you know your way there are plenty opportunities career wise.
Thank God I never saw this stupid advice. Life wrecking advice from egoistic physicians. God abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool debate: Unijos Vs Abu Zaria::: Winner::: ABU ZARIA / ASUU Zonal Chapters To Review Strike This Week / Animals And Their Various Yoruba Names.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.