Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. (456 Views)

Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / CAN Reacts To COZA Pastor Bidoun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. by spongeisback: 12:55am On Jun 30, 2019
Greetings! The number 1 trending issue in Nigeria right now is the alleged rape of Mrs Busola Dakola and Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo. As an atheist or as we are popularly know as "satan" this isn't suppose to concern me after all (na dem dem) but as a human I strongly stand against rape so this concerns me.

First of all what's rape? rape is having sex with someone without consent. So in this case did Busola give consent? She said no she didn't, pastor supporters said yes she did but what does the law say? Under Nigerian law a person under the age of 18 can not give consent to sex. How old was she when pastor Biodun had sexual encounters with her? She was 17! Yes that's right 17! So whether she gave consent or not what does the law say? Busola was RAPED.

I see so many, many comments saying it was consensual and vilifying Busola, and asking her why now and accusing her of fighting the church but none of them is asking the most important question, why is a married pastor with a new born baby cheating on his wife? I abhor cheating and so far none of the Pro biodun foot soldiers have asked that question.

One even made this comment, [we know say pastor biodun own no good but he didn't rape her] hmmmmmm says a lot right? We as a people know that majority of US our first sexual encounter is almost always through rape so why do we act like this is an isolated case?

The big question! Why did she report now! I watched the video heck when I woke up on Friday it was the FIRST thing I saw on my phone. I watched,listened and digested all the information she provided. Busola reported biodun to her family and COZA leadership begged, and her family swept it under the carpet. Here lies the biggest issue in Nigeria. Sweeping things under the carpet, shhhhhhhhhh don't talk so our family wouldn't be mocked, and the victim is left to suffer their pain in silence.

The Bible talked about love for one another and bearing one another's burden and so far it looks like Christians are more on the pastor's side and the usual persecution mentality is now in full force "she wants to bring the church down". I was once a Christian.....i know I know I was never a "true Christian" and all that but I've witnessed first hand what such experience can do to the faith of the victim. Trust me even if she gets justice she would never see the faith the same remember Ese?

This would've being the right time for you Christians to have rallied around Busola listen to her and ask for justice instead of vilifying her and attacking her virtue and her kids. I knew and I expected the backlash but I thought oh since she and her husband are outspoken Christians maybe it would be better. This isn't the first time Biodun has been embroiled in sexual scandal and he isn't the first pastor and he wouldn't be the last. I wish we would be kinder to each other and stop the VICTIM SHAMING! when good people keep quiet even thrives.
#istandwithbisola
#saynotorape
#protectourkids
#jailtimeforrapist.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. by Built2last: 1:28am On Jun 30, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 30, 2019
For me i believe the pastor raped the poor girl, and it was not by accident but a very deliberate act.

For when someone makes a mistake, they feel remorseful afterwards, but not in this case for he felt he had every right to do it, and would do it again if he found another opportunity to do so.

To me that makes it much worse, and I wish you can see how pissed I am right now, for if you follow my threads you'd see the extent to which I condemn such acts, and any attempts by some church folks to justify such evil by putting the blame on nudity or how the woman was dressed etc.

I think, this is bound to continue if the church doesn't go back to the drawing board and see where it has gone wrong, for this was not an exception but what is becoming the norm with today's church.

I stand not just with Busola Dakolo but anyone who has been a victim of sexual abuse or rape, for such shouldn't be condoned at all, and everyone of the victims deserve justice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busola VS Biodun An Atheist's Perspective. by spongeisback: 1:23am On Jul 01, 2019
Of course he's guilty do you hear any of his church members defend their pastor against adultery? Heck they know he's an adulterous man but their problem is Busola tagging it rape and not adultery.

Cc Jesusjnr

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis: Prostitutes Deserve Respect / Priest Begins Rehabilitation Of Federal Road / 100+ Christmas Songs To Download This December-download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.