Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

My Philosophical Approach Of Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet In Demilitarized Zone - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / My Philosophical Approach Of Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet In Demilitarized Zone (375 Views)

President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Philosophical Approach Of Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet In Demilitarized Zone by Kenmatt(m): 8:35am On Jun 30, 2019
Good morning everyone.

Today marks another historic event as President Donald Trump of United States of America meets Kim Jong Un in Demilitarized Zone. Demilitarized Zone is the boundary between North Korea and South Korea. It is populary known as a confrontation zone, but today, it is a peace settlement zone. This is actually the first time a president of US meets North Korean's president in DMZ.

The world's political and current affairs followers all over the world have been on suspense just to see what this surprised visit by Trump right after the G20 meeting in Osaka Japan is all about.

Even as Trump and Kim held a private talk, Trump invited Kim Jong to White House. But the question is, will Kim honour the invitation? Why has Trump came all the way from Osaka Japan after the G20 meeting just to invite Kim Jong Un to the White House?

Why did Trump not actually engaged Kim in a comprehensive bilateral talk as they both met eyeball to eyeball in DMZ?

Why did Trump first of all landed in South Korea before getting down to DMZ? Does it mean that one can not get to DMZ right from North Korea rather than coming from South Korea?

A global affair analyst on CNN said; " If it's for Trump to just come down to DMZ and shakes hands with Kim and go that many people will be disappointed". Actually I am disappointed.
Re: My Philosophical Approach Of Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet In Demilitarized Zone by Kenmatt(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2019
I know Trump to be loquacious. No wonder someone in US last week called him "a pathological lier". Take Trump's word to your heart at your risk.

We all know the threat from Kim Jong Un to United States and United Kingdom last time, Trump has seen that Kim Jong Un is hell bent in stopping at nothing in producing chemical weapons, does Trump want to diplomatically beg Kim?

If it was United States that shot down Iran's Drone as Iran did, I know how everyone will be shouting, hailing US as the World's most powerful.

This reminds me what United States did to Charles Tarloy then. Even in Libya. I am still waiting to see what happens to Iran, North Korea and many more other cool but powerful countries that are springing up.

This era is the new era, the time has gone when United States was intimidating other countries. I employ African countries to wake up from slumber.

I can recall vividly when David Mark was the President of the Senate. He pointed it out clearly that if United States and England will not give us aid simply because we refused to sign gay marriage into law, "they should go with their aid". What has happened to us since then as we did not sign it?

When Ebola struck Africa, America saw how Nigeria fought it tooth and nail, was it not the same America that was begging Nigeria to help other African countries.

From G7 to G20 and even G70 where Nigeria belongs, we as an independent state can exist with no kwalms.

I wouldn't want this to be too lengthy, I would have asked what happened when US dived into exploration of Shelle oil which is more expensive to produce than just buying a finished goods in the market.
Re: My Philosophical Approach Of Trump And Kim Jong Un Meet In Demilitarized Zone by dermmy(m): 9:17am On Jun 30, 2019
Trump is about to run for second term and he is seeking a great applause from Americans hence this meeting. A meeting that won't stop North Korea from disarming. America should stop doing things her own way this her policy of 'negotiation with no preconditions' has to stop.
The same thing they are telling Iran. America can't be trusted anymore, Libya disarmed completely but we know what happened later. Now you want North Korea to disarm completely before giving sanction relief, it won't work.

North Korea won't give up her nukes without some concessions from the US. Donald Trump needs to show Americans that he is good at negotiating and election time is near, he needs a symbolic achievement like the killing of the world's most wanted terrorist Osama Bin Laden by Obama's administration hence the DMZ meeting. You can see he is really serious about meeting Kim by writting him a letter last week.

(1) (Reply)

kenyavsnigeria: Is The Epic Reply True Of Nigeria / Ben Ali: Tunisian Autocrat Ousted In Arab Spring Dies In Exile / Trump Offers Support To Iranians And Promise Them Safety During Their Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.