Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer (870 Views)

Buy Your Clothes At Wholesale Prices In Onitsha / Wait! Don't Throw Them Away, Redesign Your Clothes. / Crazy Inscriptions On Okrika (Second-Hand) Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by alomaonline(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2019
Honestly, today's fashion can swallow most of your fortune if you don't know your way around managing and taking care of what you already acquired in your wardrobe, because most of these trending styles, clothes, jewellries, shoes, bags etc. are fake and inferior unless you got the eyes to identify the quality you will have to be buying clothes then using it for couple of weeks and it's going to expire sooner than usual, you buy another one and the circle repeat itself. Tips on how to recognise quality materials of different types will be posted on here pretty soon.
However, these things doesn't happen to fake products or inferior clothing materials alone, even the highest quality clothing can get spoiled within few weeks of acquisition if you don't really know or understand the concept of taking care of your clothes, bags, jewellries and so on. So, i'm sharing these tips with you users of nairaland in order to save you some of your hard-earned income on constant purchase of new clothing materials whereby you can still enjoy your former ones in good shape and condition assuming you took proper care of it from the start.
Nevertheless, the most important factor that affects the life circle of our materials and clothings is THE MODE OF WASHING AND DRYING. So I'm going to discuss with you how you can wash, dry, store and manage your materials without spoiling it before the expiration date.1.BlackVest

Black vest delicate just because of their colour, when you are washing these cloths make sure you wash it INSIDE OUT because they tend to fade away when you wash it on the outside, have you ever noticed reddish or brownish colour patterns formed at the topmost back(neck region) of a black vest, they are always caused by washing on the outside. So next time you are washing your black vest turn it inside out and wash it, after washing it make sure you spread it in SHADE not in total sunlight ☀.
Also, the type of soap that you use when washing matters, i recommend BAR SOAP when you are washing black vest because DETERGENTS are strong stain remover that can disfigure your vest in the name of removing stains on it.

2. White vest
Unlike black vest that you wash inside out, you must wash white cloth on the outside because it attract stains the most and there no need to be scared of discoloration, the only way it can got discolored is when you didn't wash it properly.
Detergents is the best when washing white materials as it removes stains quickly and you are free to spread it in the open sunlight.
However, if the vest fabric is soft, it is advisable to wash what i tag FATAL POINT delicately. Fatal points on these type of clothing are the point that if not handled carefully, the cloth may loose it's form and sag loosely, it includes sleeve, neck, armpit and waist tips. If your vest fabric is soft or elastic tryto place these fatal point on your left palm ✋ one after the other , apply little amount of detergent and use your right to rub on it gently till the dirt is removed , then you can wash the remaining part anyhow you deem fit, by doing this you save the vest from sagging and getting out of shape earlier.

3. Jeans
Jeans too doesn't require too much of care except to make use of BAR SOAP when washing and for the first six washings of jeans from the day of acquisition in the case of deep coloured jeans like blue, black, make sure you wash these particular colours inside out to prevent the color from fading away. But you can wash other light colours like grey or white on outside because the idea is just not to spoil the colour on the stuffs real quick.

4. Ankara Fabrics
This type of Fabrics are mostly found in Africa and taking care of it is a little bit complicated because you need to firstly be able to different between inferior and quality fabrics. Quality ankara fabrics are thicker while inferior and cheap fabrics textures are like nylon or vintage materials. When you are washing quality fabrics you must first test if the prints on it can be washed away pretty quick or permanent by dipping the tip of the fabric into clean water already mixed with soap and squeeze a little then check if the water got dirty with dye colour immediately it means the prints on the outside of the fabric is going to wash away and discolored the cloth, just turn it inside out andwash it.
But if the fabric is vintage-like then it's mostly washable anyhow you like because the prints on these types are most often permanent but you can still test with the method i discussed earlier to be on a safer side.

5.Shoes And Bags
Most shoes and bag are made from leather though not all of them. I'm going to talk about leather here as they are the delicate type, taking care of leather shoes and bags is pretty easy but if you don't know your way around managing it, it's going to get spoiled easily and you will be thinking maybe the stuff you bought is fake.
Leather materials only needs polishing to make it look good most but if it's dirty and you want to clean it, just get a piece of rag and water already mixed with soap, then dip the rag into the water and scrub it gently on the material then dry it in open sunlight immediately because leather materials do accumulate water on it's body and it's going to spoil real quick if you didn't spread it to dry in the open.

Note: Never wash clothes of different colours together, wash white materials first with detergents then dispose the water then get another water to wash light colours like yellow, sky blue, light green and grey with bar soap, afterwards if the water is still clean, you can use it to wash other deep colours like blue, green, red, and black.

I hope you users of nairaland find these few tips helpful, make sure you stick to it in order to save you of some of your money. You are free to add yours to it in the comment box under this post stay tuned and watch out for more tips specially for you and make sure you tell a friend about it to save his or her own money too.

Source : https://alomaworld..com
more of fashion tips on alomaworld..com

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by Johnjanrt: 9:55am On Jun 30, 2019
Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by alomaonline(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2019
more of fashion tips, celebrities fashion lifestyle gist, trending fashion updates, gallery of amazing designs, recommended designers in your area just visit :
https://alomaworld..com
Re: How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by enemmo(f): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2019
Nice article.

Thank you O.P

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by meobizy(f): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
I like these.
My go to tip when caring for clothes is to always use mild detergent, wash inside out and hand wash clothes.
God knows how many times my jeans looked fresh compared to my siblings’ faded ones while the only difference between both was hand vs machine washes.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Clothes Last Longer by NEATPlus1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yeah, they are Great!
But having those clothes to still look great as new requires that you dryclean them with safer soap and chemicals, and best hands with knowledge to save them for tomorrow with same new appearance...

Call Now or WhatsApp NEATPlus Laundry on 0812-473-7398 to maintain thier look!
Or, just tap on this link to have a person-to-person explaination: https://neatplus-drycleaners-laundry-and-cleaning-service.business.site/

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Ready Made Wears For Hot Sexy Ladies / African Print Dresses For Women: Best Unique Dresses To Slay For This Weekend. / Tissot Men's Swiss Chronograph V8 Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch T106417110 SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.