Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,205 members, 7,860,339 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes (2737 Views)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Kano Bomb Blast, Share Pic Of The Bomber / Containerized Cargo Leaves Lagos For Kano/kaduna By Rail / WazobiaFM Journalists Arrested For Kano Polio Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by Dede1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I feel you but they were born to rule na and not to go to school.  Ask yourself why Nnamdi Azikiwe was myopic enough to sign such contract with the North. It shows that  even though he was a very noble and intelligent man but he never really understood the underlining factors controlling the Nigerian polity. How will holding on to power help them catch up with the south in terms of education and development?. Awolowo wouldn't have agreed left for him alone instead make oyibo hold the power till further notice. wink wink wink

It appears you have the tendency to grab historical facts on the wrong end. I am not writing this post to defend Nnamdi Azikiwe’s political short-sightedness. But given the hindsight of the era in question, it was political expedience on the part of NCNC to form alliance with the NPC. Now, you should understand it was not east against north or west. The Awolowo you have favorably cited in your post also sent political emissaries to both north and east. At least, Azikiwe did not send any team to the north for stealthy negotiation. 

Again, the northerners have never proclaimed before anybody in Nigeria that they were “born to rule”. The phrase “born to rule” tagged on the northerners were perpetuated by the idiotic southerners who joined the northerners to precipitated war of attrition against Biafra.

Before the civil war, it was much unheard in Nigeria to refer northerners as born to rule. This nonsensical jargon, “born to rule”, crept into Nigerian political lexicon after Nigeria/Biafra civil war when the western, some sections of Midwestern and eastern regions elevated the northerners to the position of ruler-ship in Nigeria.
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by Katsumoto: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

It appears you have the tendency to grab historical facts on the wrong end. I am not writing this post to defend Nnamdi Azikiwe’s political short-sightedness. But given the hindsight of the era in question, it was political expedience on the part of NCNC to form alliance with the NPC. Now, you should understand it was not east against north or west. The Awolowo you have favorably cited in your post was also sent political emissaries to both north and east. At least, Azikiwe did not send any team to the north for stealthy negotiation. 

Again, the northerners have never proclaimed before anybody in Nigeria that they were “born to rule”. The phrase “born to rule” tagged on the northerners were perpetuated by the idiotic southerners who joined the northerners to precipitated war of attrition against Biafra.

Before the civil war, it was much unheard in Nigeria to refer northerners as born to rule. This nonsensical jargon, “born to rule”, crept into Nigerian political lexicon after Nigeria/Biafra civil war when the western, some sections of Midwestern and eastern regions elevated the northerners to the position of ruler-ship in Nigeria.

Why don't you tell us the names of the Southerners who coined and used that phrase?

Also it is quite pathetic the way you keep referring to the West, Mid-west, and South-South as enemies of the East. I guess Niccolo Machiavelli was right when he made the quote about injury and revenge. Must all your posts include one dig or the other at other regions?
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
Dede1:

It appears you have the tendency to grab historical facts on the wrong end. I am not writing this post to defend Nnamdi Azikiwe’s political short-sightedness. But given the hindsight of the era in question, it was political expedience on the part of NCNC to form alliance with the NPC. Now, you should understand it was not east against north or west. The Awolowo you have favorably cited in your post was also sent political emissaries to both north and east. At least, Azikiwe did not send any team to the north for stealthy negotiation. 

You cannot identify sarcasm, eh?. Born to rule was a post-Biafra slogan. As a matter of fact, it started during Abacha's regime and kano state used that on their number plates for a while before the Federal govt stopped them. Why you are taking it so serious beats me. undecided undecided

Again, Awolowo was born a tribalist and he understood tribal politics more than Azikiwe whether you like it or not. The Yorubas have a history of conflict with hausa/Fulani which is dated back to 18th Century so they are in better position to tell you whether to trust a Northerner or not. Azikiwe foolishly believed that it is better to carry everybody along and as long as we get independence, we can easily sort out our differences. Awolowo knew from day 1 that it's not going to happen; Ojukwu also understands about tribal politics but Azikiwe like Herbert Macaulay belived that it is possible for Africa to become one under one ruler like the United States and it doesn't matter where the ruler came from. Not in my generation.
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by Katsumoto: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You cannot identify sarcasm, eh?. Born to rule was a post-Biafra slogan. As a matter of fact, it started during Abacha's regime and kano state used that on their number plates for a while before the Federal govt stopped them. Why you are taking it so serious beats me. undecided undecided

Again, Awolowo was born a tribalist and he understood tribal politics more than Azikiwe whether you like it or not. The Yorubas have a history of conflict with hausa/Fulani which is dated back to 18th Century so they are in better position to tell you whether to trust a Northerner or not. Azikiwe foolishly believed that it is better to carry everybody along and as long as we get independence, we can easily sort out our differences. Awolowo knew from day 1 that it's not going to happen; Ojukwu also understands about tribal politics but Azikiwe like Herbert Macaulay belived that it is possible for Africa to become one under one ruler like the United States and it doesn't matter where the ruler came from. Not in my generation.

That is just plain ignorant. You need to educate yourself.
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by AloyEmeka5: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2010
Katsumoto:

That is just plain ignorant. You need to educate yourself.

I repeat, Awolowo was the greatest tribalist of all time in African HISTORY. If you don't like my perception, go suck a lemon.
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by T9ksy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
The Awolowo you have favorably cited in your post was also sent political emissaries to both north and east.
Dede, can u pls. tell us who were these emissaries Awo sent to the north? Bear in mind that even whilst in prison, Awo refused to form a coalition the North to regain his freedom. Below is an excerpt from Awo's letter to Ironsi:

, "a Peace Committee headed by the Chief Justice of the Federation, Sir Adetokunbo Ademola, made overtures to me through my friend Alhaji W. A. Elias to the effect that if I abandoned my intention to enter into alliance with the N.C.N.C. which, according to the Committee, was an Ibo Organisation, and agreed to dissolve the Action Group and, in co-operation with Chief Akintola (now deceased), form an all-embracing Yoruba political party which I would lead and which would go into alliance with the N.P.C., I would be released from prison before the end of that year. I turned down these terms because I was of the considered opinion that their acceptance would further widen and exacerbate inter-tribal differences, and gravely undermine the unity of the Federation."

Also bear in mind that it was the formation of alliance between one of Awo's deputies in the persons of Akintola & Ayo rosiji that led to breakdown of law and order in the western region. Zik announced that the sardunna just informed him that Awo has sent sent some of his guys to lobby him but never mentioned who these guys were. Considering that Zik later went on to be a junior partner to NPC coalition govt., can we take his words on the face value. he probably wanted an excuse to justify playing second fiddle to a muderphocking feudalist, even as he's singing the pseudo-song of nationalism.

We all are witnesses to the repercursions of that alliance. all other southerners were marginalised in the NPC/NCNC Coalition govt. This was exactly the rationale behind Zik's boy-boy service to the fulani oligarchy.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20061228122222zg/sections/important-documents/awo-letter-to-ironsi-from-prison/
Re: Saudi Reintroduces Free Islamic Education For Kano Indigenes by T9ksy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2010
Posted by: Aloy+Emeka
I repeat, Awolowo was the greatest tribalist of all time in African HISTORY. If you don't like my perception, go suck a lemon.

Haba, my brother. take a chill pill now. That's your opinion and you know what they say about opinions? You are entitled to your opinoins just as I am, to mine.

IMHO, zik is a slimy git who is worse than a tribalist with his nationalism bunkum but whoever don't like my opinion, don't have to suck on anything, unless they want to. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mustafa Chike-obi ? Wtf ? / T.A Orji And The Igbo Dilemma / jmaine:: Electricity:: After $16 Billion On Electricity Down The Drain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.