Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,198 members, 7,957,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Who Should Qualify As An Elder State Man? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Qualify As An Elder State Man? (1077 Views)

Photo: Taraba State Man Commits Suicide Due To Hardship / Edwin Clark: The Masturbation And Eja*ulation Of An Elder Statesman / Elder Orubebe Celebrates His 56th Birthday With His Twin Sister In Style. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Qualify As An Elder State Man? by gonzaga: 3:33am On Oct 08, 2010
The recent lousy and silly outburst of a man called Mallam Adamu Ciroma necessitated this topic. For those who do not know him, he was a former Finance minister and had played many roles at the federal level in this great country. He is now old and have decided to resort to ethnic politics. Adamu ciroma was the one who said that "NO ONE SHOULD DARE REMOVE YAR'ADUA" even when he had not set eyes on him. He made so many ethnic laden comments during the sick days of our late president that only portrayed a man who was concerned with even a coffin as the president as long as that coffin carries a northern label. He never asked the late president to resign either on health grounds or for abscondment of duty. For a supposed elder state man ( i don't know the standard used), he resorted to ethnic claims to the presidential seat when it was obvious that our president was incapacitated. This same man has the temerity to ask GEJ to resign for reasons that are obviously not altruistic.

It baffles me that a supposed elder states man can debase himself into an ethnic zealot. He now heads a moribund organization called the NORTHERN ELDERS FORUM made up of senile filthy old men who rather than prepare for their end are hell bent on destabilizing this country simply on ethnic grounds. No sooner had Yaradua been buried that this old man started mouthing zoning and zoning. He has overheated the political space SO much so that Bombs have started going off. The crux of the matter is GEJ's decision to contest an election which the constitution of this country permits him to. The constitution states and i quote;" IF ANY LAW IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS CONSTITUTION, THIS CONSTITUTION SHALL PREVAIL, AND THAT OTHER LAW SHALL TO THE EXTENT OF THE INCONSISTENCY BE VOID". Between the zoning arrangement and the constitution, which one is inconsistent? Adamu Ciroma is referred to as an elder states man and that bothers me. If all elder states men act  and talk the way he does, i wonder what would be left of this great country. It is therefore my opinion that there should be a standard for referring to people as elder states men. A man like Ciroma is an embarrassment to that title to say the least. He has heated up the polity and promoted only ethnic agenda. He is a danger to the coporate existence of this great country and a disaster to the future generation.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strick And Fg / Ecowas To Gbagbo - Go Or Face War / Pdp Chairman, Okwezilieze Nwodo, Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.