Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! (1693 Views)

Adult Male Blue Cane Corso Italian Mastiff For Sale In Ph. 3yrs / Adult Male And Female French Mastiff For Sale / 2 Weeks Old Boerboel/South African Mastiff For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
5months old male and fully vaccinated, contact 09068149606 for more serious enquires and info.

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:
5months old male and fully vaccinated, contact 09068149606 for more serious enquires and info.
mix breed
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
mix breed

Mix breed with what?
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 01, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:

Mix breed with what?
Mixed with other mix breeds, but the Dog in the photo is not a Boerboel and should not be advertised as one.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
Mixed with other mix breeds, but the Dog in the photo is not a Boerboel and should not be advertised as one.

Thats the mating picture... Please if you do not have proofs to ascertain that this pup is a mixed breed, kindly keep mute and stay in ur business.

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:

Stop going around behaving like a pro, when its so clear that you know not what you are saying. I would have not been pissed if you said "it was an opinion" because every one has aright to that, but coming out stating clearly that its a mixed breed without proofs and even demanding the breeding picture is somewhat not sensible mr.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by vincentjk(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
mix breed

I wonder who told you it's mixed
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:

Thats the mating picture... Please if you do not have proofs to ascertain that this pup is a mixed breed, kindly keep mute and stay in ur business.
what are their SABBS numbers??
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
vincentjk:

I wonder who told you it's mixed
I can see its not a Boerboel simply by looking at it.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by vincentjk(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
I can see its not a Boerboel simply by looking at it.

I'm neither defending it's purity nor impurity as a boerboel, but even during appraisals, non pedigrees are also recognized and appraised/scored as well
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
vincentjk:

I'm neither defending it's purity nor impurity as a boerboel, but even during appraisals, non pedigrees are also recognized and appraised/scored as well
not possible since DNA test results need to be presented when appraising a Boerboel.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by vincentjk(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
not possible since DNA test results need to be presented when appraising a Boerboel.

Ok fine i won't argue, you are found of intimidating people's boerboels and you stated that a boerboel must look like the pic of the dog you attached below

Sir, show us the pic of your boerboel let's judge accordingly to what you said!

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
vincentjk:

Ok fine i won't argue, you are found of intimidating people's boerboels and you stated that a boerboel must look like the pic of the dog you attached below

I'm not intimidating anyone..... I'm simply saving innocent people money by pointing out that they are in fact being scammed and are spending their hard earned money on a mutt and not a Boerboel.

FYI my Boerboel Lika Mike: Sire: plaaswag Kandas Dam: Lika Grace

Pic 1: 4 months 35 kg
Pic 2: 6 months 55 kg
Pic 3 and 4: 10months 70 kg

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by vincentjk(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
I'm not intimidating anyone..... I'm simply saving innocent people money by pointing out that they are in fact being scammed and are spending their hard earned money on a mutt and not a Boerboel.

FYI my Boerboel Lika Mike: Sire: plaaswag Kandas Dam: Lika Grace

Pic 1: 4 months 35 kg
Pic 2: 6 months 55 kg
Pic 3 and 4: 10months 70 kg

Your dog looks good I must admit, but you see not everyone can afford the amount you used in importing this dog so maybe you should just let some of us be

If everyone should start buying according to purely bred and appraised dogs of every breed standard then the rate at which people visit pet section, many dog forums, pet stores (online and offline) would drop drastically

I, just like every other person loves purely bred dogs and at the same time dislike it when i see so much critics on someone's dog... As in it breaks my heart

Hopefully one day we'll all own registered dogs but life na turn by turn as country hard

Just hope you get my point sir!

1 Like

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2019
vincentjk:

Your dog looks good I must admit, but you see not everyone can afford the amount you used in importing this dog so maybe you should just let some of us be

If everyone should start buying according to purely bred and appraised dogs of every breed standard then the rate at which people visit pet section, many dog forums, pet stores (online and offline) would drop drastically

I, just like every other person loves purely bred dogs and at the same time dislike it when i see so much critics on someone's dog... As in it breaks my heart

Hopefully one day we'll all own registered dogs but life na turn by turn as country hard

Just hope you get my point sir!
Im from South Africa, so didn't have to import anything, also the dog was a gift so didn't pay a cent.

I understand your point but you should also understand mine!! Lots of people are buying dogs from nairaland ads which state that the dogs are pure bred, or full breed..... When in fact they don't even resemble the actual breed, people are being scammed daily, all I'm trying to do is pointing out the scams. You will see I've not once commented on legitimate boerboel ads.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by vincentjk(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:

Im from South Africa, so didn't have to import anything, also the dog was a gift so didn't pay a cent.

I understand your point but you should also understand mine!! Lots of people are buying dogs from nairaland ads which state that the dogs are pure bred, or full breed..... When in fact they don't even resemble the actual breed, people are being scammed daily, all I'm trying to do is pointing out the scams. You will see I've not once commented on legitimate boerboel ads.

Fine, your points are clear
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:

Hello Mr, i am not doubting you nor ignorant of that which you have said. From my caption or and choice of words so far, did you see me write "pedigree Boerboel with SABS number for sale" ? No! So stop talking as if you are the only one knowledgeable about the S/A Mastiffs. Some people do not want to settle with under quality dogs thats why they sell all their non ped dogs to at least even get a standard dog with a known pedigree and to be honest thats where i stand! Why will i ever sell a dog with out pedigree details as a dog with a clear defined pedigree. Mr, im not ignorant neither im i a scam, so mind ur choice of words and learn to know more about someones actions than just be Mr judge..
Good day
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2019
vincentjk:

Fine, your points are clear
I understand your point as well..... I truly do, but I'm really not here to bash anybody's dog, I'm only coming after those Selling none purebred dogs as purebreds.

If somebody opens a thread dairy.....like yourself for exp, posting pictures and posts on the life of their own dogs, then they can absolutely say their dog is what ever breed they want it to be even if that dog doesn't resemble any purebred, BUT the problem comes in when people want to sell their none purebred dog as a purebreds to the unsuspecting public.... That's when I step in!!

The Boerboel in Nigeria has garnered such a poor reputation thanks to false advertising that I've heard people on nairaland say they want a more intimidating dog breed than a boerboel and would rather want a gsd or rottie because they are more muscular/bigger ................ I mean honestly!!!!! A real boerboel is 65-90 kg of pure muscle and stands 66-75cm heigh at the withers,... Their is literally no dog breed more intimidating than a boerboel.....
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:

I have mentors who i look up to and emulate, will i now steal because of the drive? No! So i have to go through the proper channel of disposing others to get a standard dog.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:

Hello Mr, i am not doubting you nor ignorant of that which you have said. From my caption or and choice of words so far, did you see me write "pedigree Boerboel with SABS number for sale" ? No! So stop talking as if you are the only one knowledgeable about the S/A Mastiffs. Some people do not want to settle with under quality dogs thats why they sell all their non ped dogs to at least even get a standard dog with a known pedigree and to be honest thats where i stand! Why will i ever sell a dog with out pedigree details as a dog with a clear defined pedigree. Mr, im not ignorant neither im i a scam, so mind ur choice of words and learn to know more about someones actions than just be Mr judge..
Good day
In South Africa its against the law to sell a Dog as a boerboel if its not registered with the SABBS.....this is the standard I hold everybody to regardless of which country you live in.

You said "Boerboel for sale" , nowhere in your ad did you state 1. It's not registered or 2. It's a Boerboel mix.
It is illegal to advertise a dog as a Boerboel or even use the word Boerboel if said dog is not registered with the SABBS.

Here is the actual law: Act No 62 of 1998 (AIA)

If you said South African mastiff then you would be OK since the law only applies to the actual word "Boerboel"

The fact that you are advertising your dogs as boerboels takes a lot away from actual Boerboel breeders in Nigeria who go through the effort of registering and appraising their dogs only for their customers to be drawn away by ads like yours because they don't know any better.

I'm sorry for calling you a scammer since I think you are genuinely a good bloke, but somebody has to stand up for the legitimate boerboel breeders as well.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:

I have mentors who i look up to and emulate, will i now steal because of the drive? No! So i have to go through the proper channel of disposing others to get a standard dog.
As I said in my other post, I apologise for calling you a scammer since I don't think you are actually trying to steal from anyone, However that doesn't make your advertisement right with regards to legitimate boerboel breeders who are losing customers because of ads like yours.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:

In South Africa its against the law to sell a Dog as a boerboel if its not registered with the SABBS.....this is the standard I hold everybody to regardless of which country you live in.

You said "Boerboel for sale" , nowhere in your ad did you state 1. It's not registered or 2. It's a Boerboel mix.
It is illegal to advertise a dog as a Boerboel or even use the word Boerboel if said dog is not registered with the SABBS.

Here is the actual law: Act No 62 of 1998 (AIA)

If you said South African mastiff then you would be OK since the law only applies to the actual word "Boerboel"

The fact that you are advertising your dogs as boerboels takes a lot away from actual Boerboel breeders in Nigeria who go through the effort of registering and appraising their dogs only for their customers to be drawn away by ads like yours because they don't know any better.

I'm sorry for calling you a scammer since I think you are genuinely a good bloke, but somebody has to stand up for the legitimate boerboel breeders as well.

Thats matured of you, I will change the heading �.
As you clearly stated you too where given your present dog as a gift and Thats so nice of the giver. A good bloke you were too and im glad you didn't paint yourself as a philanthropist, so definitely my own day of posting dogs with known pedigree is soon.
Thanks Again.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
OhjayROTTWEILER:

Thats matured of you, I will change the heading �.
As you clearly stated you too where given your present dog as a gift and Thats so nice of the giver. A good bloke you were too and im glad you didn't paint yourself as a philanthropist, so definitely my own day of posting dogs with known pedigree is soon.
Thanks Again.
Was a very good friend of mine who gifted the dog, unfortunately he passed away a couple of months ago though!!!...... But such is life unfortunately!!

Last point, breeding dogs should be a hobby, if you are trying to make money of dog breeding you are almost certainly going to make a loss...the only breeders that really make money are the ones that have over 20 dogs, and to take care of 20 dogs properly you need a lot of money, which I definitely don't have(dont know about you).

FYI.... I think you might even get more customers by advertising your dogs as SA mastiffs since the word boerboel has become all to common in Nigeria these days.

Anyway good luck with your endeavours and god bless!!
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
jln115:
Was a very good friend of mine who gifted the dog, unfortunately he passed away a couple of months ago though!!!...... But such is life unfortunately!!

Last point, breeding dogs should be a hobby, if you are trying to make money of dog breeding you are almost certainly going to make a loss...the only breeders that really make money are the ones that have over 20 dogs, and to take care of 20 dogs properly you need a lot of money, which I definitely don't have(dont know about you).

FYI.... I think you might even get more customers by advertising your dogs as SA mastiffs since the word boerboel has become all to common in Nigeria these days.

Anyway good luck with your endeavours and god bless!!

Like i said previously, Im not ignorant of all these and thanks again for sharing insights. Im sure a lot of people gained from it. God bless u too and my deepest condolences to ur friend.

1 Like

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by ogkreatives(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2019
smiley but this your idea of not calling a dog a boerboel cos of SABBS. I hope you do know you can’t take a dog of under 12months for appraisal. So are you saying you have to wait till a year before tagging you pups a boerboel jnl115?
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
ogkreatives:
smiley but this your idea of not calling a dog a boerboel cos of SABBS. I hope you do know you can’t take a dog of under 12months for appraisal. So are you saying you have to wait till a year before tagging you pups a boerboel jnl115?
If the parents have SABBS numbers and then the puppies will receive birth certificates and can be sold as Boerboels.

Im very aware of the registration process of Boerboels and have in fact posted on this fact before on nairaland.
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by ogkreatives(m): 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
jln115:
If the parents have SABBS numbers and then the puppies will receive birth certificates and can be sold as Boerboels.

Im very aware of the registration process of Boerboels and have in fact posted on this fact before on nairaland.
Alright cool
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by rumenase(m): 6:37am On Jul 03, 2019
vincentjk:

Afrika Rambomax one of my favorite BB
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2019
rumenase:
Afrika Rambomax one of my favorite BB
Actually that is Middelpos Alpha 97.9% he is an uncle to my BB Lika Mike(not yet appraised as he is only 11 months old)
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by rumenase(m): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
jln115:
Actually that is Middelpos Alpha 97.9% he is an uncle to my BB Lika Mike(not yet appraised as he is only 11 months old)
close semblance

Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
rumenase:
close semblance
Middelpos Alpha and Afrika Rambomax are half brothers, hence the resemblance!!
Re: South Aftican mastiff for Sale!! by rumenase(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
jln115:
Middelpos Alpha and Afrika Rambomax are half brothers, hence the resemblance!!
very correct

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales...... Female Adult Cauc For 35k / Pls Help Rate This GSD And How Big U Guys Feel It Will Grow / Do You Want To Give Your Dog Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.