Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot (54479 Views)

Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) / Nigeria Vs Seychelles: Francis Uzoho Blasted After Goal Blunder (Photos) / Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by hollywater: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2019
Samuel Kalu of a boy is overrated. Kelechi is far better.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by gentlegenius(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
alsudan:
Now easy to understand why Briton and Hove Albion’s Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy kept the shaky and error prone Balogun benched for the whole season.

KENNETH Omeruo remains Nigeria’s best Central defender, good on and off the ball, and reads the game very well, qualities Balogun and his shaky partner Ekong lack.

As for Mikel, if he can’t hang his boots, I can volunteer to help him. The Coach needs to restrict him to 3 minutes cameo appearance to rake in the caps, since it’s obvious the dream of 100 is the only thing still keeping him.
What does he needs 100 caps for? How many heads does he have? Will his family members help him to wear those those caps?
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Vikkiediamond: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
Men football zero, women football zero . Na who we offend?
bros me set tire
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by saintokwuluora(m): 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
For Rohr the fate facing him now is either win the Afcon or face the sack. A combination of over confidence and instability in team line-up backfired against the Super Eagles and left Nigeria with arguably the worst defeat in her football history. Disappointed to witness this history by the Berea.

3 Likes

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Benbelor(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
The coach's tactical blunder caused us - how can you bench Omeruo at the expense of a shaky Balogon all in the name of trying to use every players and now he caused us the top spot. Not just him even, the whole team was poo today not one person should get pass 4/10 rating

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by grandlexuz(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
Witlee:

Oga we will face the winner of group A

That's not true.. They will play runners up from Group F. It could be Cameroon, Guinea Bisau, Ghana or Benin. If Ghana loses its third match the get disqualified and Guinea Bisau qualifies.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by grandlexuz(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
KevMitnick:
The loss was intentional, a silent protest by the players over their unpaid bonuses. Believe it or not, that's your problem. undecided

Sounds to me more like your problem..hahaha
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Benbelor(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
hollywater:
Samuel Kalu of a boy is overrated. Kelechi is far better.
Kelechi too far sev.. Give me Chukueze[b][/b] and I am ok.
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
Picture of super Eagles flying very high seeing is believing

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Benbelor(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
grandlexuz:

That's not true.. They will play runners up from Group F. It could be Cameroon, Guinea Bisau, Ghana or Benin. If Ghana loses its third match the get disqualified and Guinea Bisau qualifies.
How do you know this? You talk as if you are one of the organisers or is this a hearsay
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by grandlexuz(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
Benbelor:
How do you know this? You talk as if you are one of the organisers or is this a hearsay

Google is your friend bros. Its easy to be informed these days. Who plays who in knock out stage gets programmed before the competition na..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Africa_Cup_of_Nations

When you open that link scroll down and click on knock out stage to get an idea of what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Swanzi(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
Robosky
Robosky 02
How market grin grin
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by 007lss: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
[quote author=Sportdab post=79815172]Fans have reacted after Nigeria's shocking 2-0 loss against Madagascar in the 2019 AFCON match earlier today, MySportDab reports.

Many have slammed defender Leon Balogun after his goalerror in the first half gave Madagascar a 1-0 lead by half time.

In the 2nd half, Wilfred Ndidi conceded a freekick in promising position for Madagascar, about 28.4 yards out and a little to the left.

He steps up and sends a curling shot into the top corner thanks to a big deflection off the hapless Ndidi!

Madagascar are two up, and their coaching staff join in the goal celebrations in a mass huddle!

Nigeria, having slumped to second place (ahead of Guinean, who beat Burundi 2-0 thanks to goals by Mohamed Yattara) are now likely to face either Cameroon or Ghana in the next round.start from reserve player to all the Nigeria player and the coach,I mean the all team with the chairman of Nigeria football association, they have allow corruption and they should all be sack
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by enemyofprogress: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2019
I'm so happy that we were beated
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Herkim(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2019
This particular game shows that super eagles is like any other team.
No form of character no motivation.

Over reliance on Ighalo and musa as top strikes does not worth it

We have average players who can not deliver when it matters most

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
roomus:
All these average white tacticians... Afraid to take risks..even afraid to tinker with formation..Afraid to make substitutions ....How could u continue with a lone man striker playing a compact ,disciplined team like Madagascar... What was osimhen and onuachu doing on the bench...how do u use a one-dimensional make shift winger like musa when natural wingers like chukwueze ,onyekuru and moses simon sat on d bench...who brings in a defensive midfielder to play against a defensive team...no width in d game as awaziem is not a true wingback... We have a solid team but a useless coach who has been experimenting since 2015..yet to sort out his first team
..against highline defences...iwobi musa would thrive because there are spaces to run into and musa is fast while iwobi can pick a pass...buh against compact high pressing teams...skillful wingers like chukwueze,moses simon and an aerial threat of a striker like onuachu would thrive simple..haba!!!..( hope they've learnt their lessons) angry

You are bang on point Bro. The coach deployed very poor tactics, picked a wack team and wasted the opportunity to make good substitutions. The bad part is that this is not the first time this is happening under Gernot Rohr.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by YoungAncient1: 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
First goal was poor defending, second goal was poor Goa keeping. We should have known that all those frequent back passes was going to cost us sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by shadWalker912: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
So that naija so called coach sold the match to his In-laws bcoz his wife she from Madagascar
so make him 4 nor blow empty tonight!!!
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by tolsmile(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
I try to trust this guys but my faith does not help me. Well i am not disappointed i lost faith in Nigeria teams long, i am still searching for it. 2 goals ? Kia, this is too much.
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by handsomeyinka(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
THEY WERE BEATED?

They were beated?

You mean they were beated?

Your blunder has BEATED me.

7 Likes

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Oricha79(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2019
Witlee:

hmm, that means Egypt will tear us apart
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Oricha79(m): 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2019
enemyofprogress:
BEATEN

4 Likes

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by enemyofprogress: 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
Oricha79:
BEATEN
sorry I wanted to wrote beatened

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by dreality: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
Chipink:
He cost us the match, he is a fool
Fool, stop calling our loyal defender a fool. Did he stop the Eagles from scoring? Every defender commits mistake at one time or the other
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Femeto: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
We had Ajayi but the coach went with Balogun who only played 4 games all season.
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by PopeFlatino(m): 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
But this year have really been bad for me in sports cry

Barca
Valverde failed to leave
Super Falcons
NAIJA Under20
All my bet9ja ticket burnt
And now Eagles cry

Come join Buhari wey win election cry cry
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Sensiblerealist: 12:18am On Jul 01, 2019
grin grin grin shocked shocked cheesy cool cool grin And you are in sifia pains

handsomeyinka:

THEY WERE BEATED?

They were beated?

You mean they were beated?

Your blunder has BEATED me.
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Litmus: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2019
enemyofprogress:
sorry I wanted to wrote beatened

grin

Nigeria would win comedy world cup.
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:48am On Jul 01, 2019
Witlee:

sharap even with clear statement u would still believe stupid things...na second for group f we go meet which is likely Ghana

1 Like

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:51am On Jul 01, 2019
We win as a team, lose as a team. No need to point fingers. He can do better next time.

2 Likes

Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Semait(m): 4:03am On Jul 01, 2019
Thank God I didn't watch d match
Re: Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot by Aystarz: 5:45am On Jul 01, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
We win as a team, lose as a team. No need to point fingers. He can do better next time.
That's the spirit, my friend. The man Balogun has always been a loyal, dedicated asset to the Eagles and doesn't deserve the harsh criticisms. He didn't select himself. It wasn't his fault that he, rusty af, was allowed to play that game. That was the coaches'. Hold Rohr responsible. That man is stuck on stupid.

In any case, Leon can do no wrong in my eyes. I believe he will get his career back on track soon enough. Tough to see him flounder like that when we all know what he's capable of. Form is temporary; class is permanent . He'll be back

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / Sunny Supremo Chukwu Is Dead! Coach Jangaza Supremo Dies In His Sleep (Photos) / Kristoffer Barmen Sacked By Brann SK For Organising Sex Party At Club Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.