Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Awareness In Yorubaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awareness In Yorubaland (1455 Views)

Afenifere to MACBAN: ‘There is no indigenous Fulani in Yorubaland’ / Sunday Igboho Issues Another Quit Notice To Fulanis In Yorubaland. / Marauding Herdsmen Have Launched Guerrilla Warfare In Yorubaland — Agbekoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
I want to reproduce a comment I typed and posted few days ago giving it a thread of its own. This is so because the nuances of my message is very fundamental to security and self preservation in SW and entire Yorubaland.

I also would like to say here that the Sovereingty of Nigeria rests on the back of Yorubaland. What I mean by that is you can remove certain groups from Nigeria and the country will survive the excision. You cannot remove Yoruba and Nigeria stay together and survive, impossible. The Colonials saw the same threat of imbalance and realized it is not expedient to Administer Oil Rivers Protectorate as a stand-alone territory. In its creation Oil Rivers had its own capital and existed alone and apart. The capital was Calabar. They had ports and trade there. So why was Oil Protectorate merged into Lagos Colony which covered entire SW? Its because of the unique advancement in Yoruba civilization. In fact, for those who might know, Lagos was once administered from Gold Coast. The Colonials separated it and gave it its own sovereingty. So Lagos could not be under another colony but protectorates can be put under Lagos. It all tied in to what the Colonial Administrators observed directly on the ground - when it comes to economy, social welfare, urban development, social organization, war, politics, the Yoruba is well advanced and too sophisticated above its neighbours. It must be at the top of the totem!

Between the time for that arrangement and now many far more drastic events have happened but none has succeeded in taming Yoruba from its ancient traditions and customs for preservation. Abacha pushed Yoruba to the edge and came very close to divesting itself from the Sovereingty of Nigeria. Some concessions in political access addressed their concerns and prevailed on Yoruba to remain part of Nigeria. Those in Yoruba who championed that turn around included Chief Falae and Obasanjo, both are at receiving ends of the Fulani stick. Im not in their minds but I can predict both wish they had not come out when offered Presidential ticket, which thus was the basis for the turn around.

Yoruba has a stock of lessons learnt in its back pocket that it knows exactly what to do if it was ever pushed to the edge and has to make a decision and choice between Self Sovereingty and Nigerian Sovereingty. Yoruba has nothing to loose.

Therefore, in the current temperament on the landscape, Yoruba ought to champion the voice of the nation against occupation, killings, religious persecution and everything else happening around the country. Why is Yoruba not defending liberty of those who are suppressed? Yoruba's choice of silence when it happened elsewhere is now roosting in our own land. Its not late! Yoruba is the only region with capacity to tell FG to go fvck itself and hell will not break.....if it did there will be consequences and an inferno that will incinerate Nigeria to ashes. Guaranteed!

There are factors, internal and external, first of all which make this difficult. What I present below is one of the internal factors. With awareness and conscious action this can be changed so that Yorubas begin to alternate in each state Governors to fit a particular archetype of Yoruba legend rulers.

1 Like

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
From the thread "Gani Adams warns SW Govs against giving to Fulani Herdsmen".

Here is my post...

These Governors dont understand what Aare is talking about. The set of Governors that will understand this message are dead and gone.

We in SW need a 50yr vision on renewing the Yorubaland contract.

In the time of our ancestors we alternated kings using characteristics. We enthrone a brutal and ambitious king because we expect him to protect the land fiercely against enemies. His brutality will be visited on his subjects from time to time but he is restrained by the fear of deposition so he behaves within limits internally with his subjects but acts with impunity externally facing others. After this king passes he is followed with a kind and amiable king. We do not want to completely isolate enemies and so the enemy we punished in the reign of last king, its time to ally with them under a new reign. Also, the hardship endured in the domain under last king, we need to soften the land with prosperity and plenty under new king. This is what Yoruba of old did.

We moved away from kingship to democracy....now we are ruled by western ideologies and demands our governors to be highly educated. So far we have abandoned our old tradition of nominating kings with predator instincts. Our governors are academic, they were not taught in sxhools how to be a predator, basically they are instructed that an educated person does not engage in fight, must allow others to enjoy the same thing he enjoys (liberalism). Western education instills in them prey instincts....how to sit in one spot and become food to others.

Yoruba must renew our contracts to the land and begin thinking of re-instituting the traditions of old and the acts of enthroning, or electing, governors with predator instincts.

If we get those type of governors they can key in to what Iba Gani Adams is saying here.

2 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Finally babaginda was right

Former military head of state Ibrahim babaginda quote this " If I am sleeping and hear a Yoruba man beating drums of war, I will just go back to my sleep"

Imagine IBB indirectly referring to people as a toothless bull dog but the issue is that they were never dogs because they have no teeth.

I condenm this IBB statement which I call hate speech in totality.

Well meaning Nigerians should condenm that too.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
The whole south west is suitable for ruga settlements

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by yomi962: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
including the godforsaken land of the isrealities

2 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

I want to hear your opinion. How so?
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
yomi962:
including the godforsaken land of the isrealities

Tinubu has already signed away the south west

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

grin grin
You know how to make plenty noise and regurgitate bullshyyte but when challenged to offer opinion on your own bullshyte you come up short.

Give opinion on your previous commemt where you believed SW is suitable for ruga.

Submit an intelligent mindset to support theclaim...not a toout response from Onitsha bridge head. grin

5 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
You know how to make plenty noise and regurgitate bullshyyte but when challenged to offer opinion on your own bullshyte you come up short.

Give opinion on your previous commemt where you believed SW is suitable for ruga.

Submit an intelligent mindset to support theclaim...not a toout response from Onitsha bridge head. grin
Please how many hectares of your village land will you donate this coming week?
sai baba

Cc lzaa

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Sai jagaban

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by NkayStory(f): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
Rubbish thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
NkayStory:

Rubbish thread.

You love me dont you? grin
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
immhotep:

Please how many hectares of your village land will you donate this coming week?
sai baba

Cc lzaa

I think they need 361sqr miles for each ruga. I will give them two rugas....on the seashore....this way they can dip Quran. grin

1 Like

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I think they need 361sqr miles for each ruga. I will give them two rugas....on the seashore....this way they can dip Quran. grin
No please give them a nice RUGA near Tinubus grandfathers house.

Sai jagaban

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Guestlander: 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2019
Juliusmalema:
Finally babaginda was right

Former military head of state Ibrahim babaginda quote this " If I am sleeping and hear a Yoruba man beating drums of war, I will just go back to my sleep"

Imagine IBB indirectly referring to people as a toothless bull dog but the issue is that they were never dogs because they have no teeth.

I condenm this IBB statement which I call hate speech in totality.

Well meaning Nigerians should condenm that too.

Really? You made absolutely no sense. Babangida was right but you condemn the statement entirely!
Where do you get your splif?
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

The accomodators must accommodate the Fulani...

The Fulani sultan tells the Afonja when the moon is out.. Afonjas can't see the moon for themselves

Ruga has come to stay in south west

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
Guestlander:

Really? You made absolutely no sense. Babangida was right but you condemn the statement entirely!
Where do you get your splif?

Understanding and wisdom comes from God not sango or ogun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

The accomodators must accommodate the Fulani...

The Fulani sultan tells the Afonja when the moon is out.. Afonjas can't see the moon for themselves

Ruga has come to stay in south west

We will put fulani in Alaba and Ladipo market. That will do it.

3 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Guestlander: 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Any plan to contain the herdsmen must be a comprehensive one including how to relocate the Igbos back to their villages.
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Those places are occupied
The herdsmen prefer your village

3 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Guestlander:

Any plan to contain the herdsmen must be a comprehensive one including how to relocate the Igbos back to their villages.

If for instance Yoruba were to get a Self Sovereingty the proper thing is to develop a migration policy and since the constitution which currently gives them rights of access will no longer exist, they will fall into a true context as either a migrant worker or refugee. Either way Yoruba will need menial workers to sweep streets, wash toilets, do porter duties at our ports. Migrant Ibo will fill those positions. If Yorubas are found in those low level jobs they must be in supervisory or management role above the Ibos.

We will not discriminate against t hem but we must apply policy to accomodate them.

3 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Those places are occupied
The herdsmen prefer your village

That will be between you and Fulani to sort, whether its occupied or not. grin
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Amatarasha(f): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

So that their cows will be feeding on spare parts right?
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by capitalzero: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
GEJ might be corrupt. Atiku might not be the best but buhari presidency is worst in history. Any yoruba who supported or still buhari should examine himself critically.

3 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by IkpuMmadu: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
Yoruba man can brag shaaaaa....my dear you are indispensable

1 Like

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by OfficialAPCNig: 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2019
SW is the perfect spot for RUGA

4 Likes

Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by OfficialAPCNig: 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

If for instance Yoruba were to get a Self Sovereingty the proper thing is to develop a migration policy and since the constitution which currently gives them rights of access will no longer exist, they will fall into a true context as either a migrant worker or refugee. Either way Yoruba will need menial workers to sweep streets, wash toilets, do porter duties at our ports. Migrant Ibo will fill those positions. If Yorubas are found in those low level jobs they must be in supervisory or management role above the Ibos.

We will not discriminate against t hem but we must apply policy to accomodate them.
No wahala as far as you don't include Lagos in your delusion.
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 9:39am On Jul 01, 2019
Amatarasha:
So that their cows will be feeding on spare parts right?
Im about to sign off. Amatarasha ill check for email.
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by MetaPhysical: 10:07am On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

In fact na for Lagos gaan your status go begin change.
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Ofemannnu: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

He was talking about SW altogether.SW that has Obas,Iyaloja etc.
Re: Awareness In Yorubaland by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I want to reproduce a comment I typed and posted few days ago giving it a thread of its own. This is so because the nuances of my message is very fundamental to security and self preservation in SW and entire Yorubaland.

I also would like to say here that the Sovereingty of Nigeria rests on the back of Yorubaland. What I mean by that is you can remove certain groups from Nigeria and the country will survive the excision. You cannot remove Yoruba and Nigeria stay together and survive, impossible. The Colonials saw the same threat of imbalance and realized it is not expedient to Administer Oil Rivers Protectorate as a stand-alone territory. In its creation Oil Rivers had its own capital and existed alone and apart. The capital was Calabar. They had ports and trade there. So why was Oil Protectorate merged into Lagos Colony which covered entire SW? Its because of the unique advancement in Yoruba civilization. In fact, for those who might know, Lagos was once administered from Gold Coast. The Colonials separated it and gave it its own sovereingty. So Lagos could not be under another colony but protectorates can be put under Lagos. It all tied in to what the Colonial Administrators observed directly on the ground - when it comes to economy, social welfare, urban development, social organization, war, politics, the Yoruba is well advanced and too sophisticated above its neighbours. It must be at the top of the totem!

Between the time for that arrangement and now many far more drastic events have happened but none has succeeded in taming Yoruba from its ancient traditions and customs for preservation. Abacha pushed Yoruba to the edge and came very close to divesting itself from the Sovereingty of Nigeria. Some concessions in political access addressed their concerns and prevailed on Yoruba to remain part of Nigeria. Those in Yoruba who championed that turn around included Chief Falae and Obasanjo, both are at receiving ends of the Fulani stick. Im not in their minds but I can predict both wish they had not come out when offered Presidential ticket, which thus was the basis for the turn around.

Yoruba has a stock of lessons learnt in its back pocket that it knows exactly what to do if it was ever pushed to the edge and has to make a decision and choice between Self Sovereingty and Nigerian Sovereingty. Yoruba has nothing to loose.

Therefore, in the current temperament on the landscape, Yoruba ought to champion the voice of the nation against occupation, killings, religious persecution and everything else happening around the country. Why is Yoruba not defending liberty of those who are suppressed? Yoruba's choice of silence when it happened elsewhere is now roosting in our own land. Its not late! Yoruba is the only region with capacity to tell FG to go fvck itself and hell will not break.....if it did there will be consequences and an inferno that will incinerate Nigeria to ashes. Guaranteed!

There are factors, internal and external, first of all which make this difficult. What I present below is one of the internal factors. With awareness and conscious action this can be changed so that Yorubas begin to alternate in each state Governors to fit a particular archetype of Yoruba legend rulers.

Sai baba.
Sai APC.
Sai RUGA. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

IMN: US, Israel, Saudi Arabia Behind Nigeria’s Deadly Crackdown On Zakzaky / I’ll Declare Traditional War Against Killings If FG Fails To Address Menace – Ol / Violent Protest Alert In Benue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.