Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? (810 Views)

Rebranded: Sex Olympics in London / Fela: The Authorised Biography / Dey Flex Ur Muscles Dey Go,u Hear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? by ElRazur: 8:42am On Oct 08, 2010
Okay, I barely waste my money to go watch this new generation of so called "Artists" that come over here. They bore me and in most cases lack talent in my opinion. (Yeah sue me).

Anyway, Fela's work is now turned into a musical and me I don book my ticket sha. The show had excellent reviews in yankee and it is supported by Jada Smith and Jay Z (At least these people appreciate real taste and real music)

Tickets range from £10 - £50. Personally, I will advice people to shy away from the £10 tickets lol. The lay out of the theatre hall means you will be sitting at the back in an awkward position.

Here is the link to the show (See below). Please have a look at the video clips too, it surely looks awesome and will be a night to remember.

The Musical captures the life, story, music and talents of fela, plus more. If the critics in big news papers are giving it a thumps-up, then it is worth watching in my opinion. I read that Femi-Kuti cried after watching the show, and he admitted it captures exactly how his father performed back in the day. 

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/felalondon/

Read more here

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/article-23884789-music-is-the-weapon-for-fela.do
Re: Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? by chic2pimp(m): 2:44am On Oct 09, 2010
Fela(the musical) looks liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(Great casting for the lead role of Fela). Anyone knows where I can get tickets?

I'll definitely be recommending this show to family members and friends alike.
Re: Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? by ElRazur: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2010
It is on the website. Tickets going fast! grin
Re: Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? by thameamead(f): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2010
wow
Re: Fela (the Musical) In London! Who Dey Go? by ayex0001: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Baba 70 legacy still lives on.

(1) (Reply)

Unical Admission / Pastor Tunde Bakare Is Now The Running Mate To Gen. Muhammud Buhari / How Many Hours Do You Spend Sleeping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.