Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Universerjob Career Tips Community - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Universerjob Career Tips Community (279 Views)

Career Tips: The 5 Reasons People Give Up On Their Dreams / Career Tips #2 / Career Tips #1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universerjob Career Tips Community by Universerjob: 8:50am On Jul 01, 2019
CV and RESUME are not the same: know the different to avoid disqualification
what is the difference between a resume and a CV? The primary differences between a resume and a curriculum vitae (CV) are length, what is included, and what each is used for. While both are used in job applications, a resume and a CV are not always interchangeable.

What Is a Curriculum Vitae?
A curriculum vitae (CV) provides a summary of your experience and skills. Typically, CVs for entry-level candidates are longer than resumes – at least two or three pages. CVs for mid-level candidates who have amassed numerous publications tend to run much longer.
CVs include extensive information on your academic background, including teaching experience, degrees, research, awards, publications, presentations, and other achievements. CVs are thus lengthier than resumes, and include more information, particularly details related to one’s academic and research background.
What Is a CV Summary

A curriculum vitae summary is a.... Click here to continue reading(s)
Re: Universerjob Career Tips Community by Universerjob: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
20 reasons behind the failures of job seeker

I was opportune to participate in the recruitment process for a notable organisation in Nigeria and it opened my eyes to so many mistakes our graduates make during application. One thing everyone needs to understand is searching for a job is a full time job which requires skills, experience and a lot of hard work

Let me explain what happened
We placed ads on so many online portal , in less than one week, we got over 2,000 Applications (CVs.) Like seriously? How am i going to sieve out the candidates, Truth be said i tried opening the CV one after the other, I wasted the first 2 days without result as none of the applicants were impressive. So we had to employ some methods to shortlist which worked perfectly.

So from the experience, here is the solution to the common mistakes employees make during application:

1. Write A Little Description in the body of the email: Always Add A brief description about yourself in the body of the email. I don’t mean writing about where you came from or your hobbies, write a little about your qualifications and skills. This gives you a high chance as it gives the recruiter a reason to want to open your....
Contine reading click here(s)
Re: Universerjob Career Tips Community by universerjob02: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Thank bro

(1) (Reply)

Ceo Mentorship Series 1.0 By Ceo's Hub / National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Job Recruitment 2019 / Employee Paid For Work Refuses To Work And Refuses To Return Money Paid To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.