Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,178 members, 7,864,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement (15351 Views)

PDP Blasts Obaseki Over Silence On RUGA Settlement / Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / Ruga Settlement Will Benefit Fulani Herdsmen Only – HURIWA Cautions Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by BlackLaw: 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
itsme01:

oga stop been sentimental.. post his press release countering garba shehu's statement or keep your arguement with your sentimental peers.

copy and past the link. and stop unnecessary stories.

this is fg is response indicting the governors where is ortoms statement

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/ruga-settlements-not-for-fulani-alone-says-presidency/ar-AADEsq6

some of us dont play all this sentiment nonsense,
Because I understand the handicap of myopic people as regards reading, I screenshot and attached the statement for you to see. Apparently, that was still too much for you.
If it would please you, here are some links to check out;
Benue State government on ruga https://thenationonlineng.net/benue-tackles-fed-govt-over-ruga-settlement-for-herdsmen/
Benue State House of Assembly on ruga https://leadership.ng/2019/06/29/benue-assembly-backs-ortom-rejects-ruga-settlements/
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by wealth2al(m): 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by booksrite001: 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:10am On Jul 02, 2019
itsme01:

what law hasnt he followed?

Stop being mischievous. The Nigerian constitution clearly states that a Chief Justice of Nigeria can only be removed by recommendation from the National Judicial Council and with two-third support from the Senate. This is to ensure independence of the judiciary. But your Buhari removed the CJN unilaterally.
Several courts in Nigeria and the ECOWAS court have ordered that Dasuki should be released on bail, but your Buhari has ignored all those court orders.

The Nigerian constitution actually bans programs like RUGA, that singles out an ethnic group for special favor, to the exclusion of other ethnic groups. But your Buhari does not care about that aspect of Nigeria's constitution.

As we speak, Buhari's government is already constructing RUGA settlements in 3 LGAs in Benue State over the objections by the Governor. This information was released by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor. Yet they didn't include Benue in the list of States that signed up for the so called pilot phase. Believe the Buhari government at your risk.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:27am On Jul 02, 2019
itsme01:

i support the ruga settlements and cow ranches sponsored by FG (only in the northern states) however what i support most is North building more dams for irrigation and other purposes.. Global warming is just in its preliminary stage and North is facing challenges, look at Egypt and what they did with Nile, Even UAE, Isreal and Saudi Import soils and build Dams .. this i think is more sustainable

Why do you support RUGA in the North but not in the South? It should not be supported anywhere in Nigeria. Cattle herders should be required to ranch their cattle with private fund. With RUGA Buhari is trying to hand Nigeria over to the Fulanis in West Africa, to make them the majority ethnic group. This is a fulfillment of the threat of Miyetti Allah to take over Nigeria, which they claim as a land given to the Fulanis by Allah.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:32am On Jul 02, 2019
OLUWABIG:
*Hon.Justice Adewale Thompson’s 1969 Judgment on Open Cattle Grazing - Suit no AB/26/66.*
Hon.Justice Adewale Thompson: 17th April,1969.
Suit no AB/26/66 at Abeokuta Division of the High Court.

"I do not accept the contention of Defendants that a custom exists which imposes an obligation on the owner of farm to fence his farm whilst the owner of cattle allows his cattle to wander like pests and cause damage. Such a custom if it exists, is unreasonable and I hold that it is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and therefore unenforceable...in that it is highly unreasonable to impose the burden of fencing a farm on the farmer without the corresponding obligation on the cattle owner to fence in his cattle." Sequence to that I banned open grazing for it is inimical to peace and tranquillity and the cattle owners must fence or ranch their animals for peace to reign in these communities."

Please share to create awareness since am sure nobody appealed against this decision, so it's law and any open grazing is a violation of the law

Thanks very much for this information.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:35am On Jul 02, 2019
Euny86:
UN should interfare on this RUGA thing. How on earth can a president use tax payers money and plan to build settlement for the fulani that is carrying gun and be killing innocent citizens? What have have they (FG) done to those families that have being killed by fulani herdsmen? They are trying to fix terrorist all over d 36 states and be sponsoring them for more killing. Let FG rehablitate textile and creat more jobs for nigeria youths.
What about second niger-bridge, enugu-onitsha road, draining of river niger, rail way to south-easth, portharcourt- aba road? May the Almighty God open earth to swallow all ur evil minds.
All i know is that there was a country. 8-)

The UN will not get involved until war starts. The battle is for Nigerians to fight.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:37am On Jul 02, 2019
Kennydoc:

Taa, comot! So because FG said 12 states applied for it, you want me to believe that Benue and Taraba governors applied to have Ruga settlements built in their states, when they have been insisting on either ranching or nothing?
I have no reason to trust this FG, not one!

Don't mind itsme01 and his naivety.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:42am On Jul 02, 2019
Pataricatering:
Benue is not even one of the states involved in the program .

Believe your Buhari FG at your own risk. The Chief Press Secretary to the Benue State Governor said that the FG has started construction of RUGA in 3 LGAs in the State.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Kennydoc:

Can you please share with me the specific statements made by Obiano (Anambra), Ikpeazu (Abia), Dickson (Bayelsa), Abiodun (Ogun), Fayemi (Ekiti) etc, telling FG and Ogbeh to fück off? How many governors have even spoken out in their personal capacities as governors? Umahi only spoke as the Chairman of South East Governors' Forum. South West governors issued a statement together after their security meeting, but none has come out to tell FG off. Why are you now saying Ortom is silent? Who else isn't?

By the way, below is the stand of Benue House of Assembly on the matter.
https://leadership.ng/2019/06/29/benue-assembly-backs-ortom-rejects-ruga-settlements/

Gov Umahi spoke against it on behalf of all the South East Governors.
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by executive12: 5:53am On Jul 02, 2019
olumalcolm:
Shared by Danzysb at 12:55am On Jun 22:
Politics / Re: Miyetti Allah Calls For Establishment Of Fulani Vigilantes In South East by olumalcolm(m): 9:10am On Jun 21
When i wrote about these mofos plan on fulanizing Nigeria, one idiot said hw did i knw. Now they hv moved to the nxt stage of the plan, the plan was moved by buhari and his co-horts but they told the machinery to speak out so there wont be outrage frm nigerians cos it would be foolish for them [presidency] to say this hence they pushed miyetti or watsoeva dey r called to push for the agenda, den they approve. Bunch of bastards, sha be prepared, i don tlk my own. Southwest will be the last place to invade cos there are southwesterners close to the top. WAKE UP pple, no more sleep. angry

With the help of Yoruba Muslims, they have already taken South West. Those South Westerners at the top cannot talk because they don't want to be seen as sabotaging their own government. Do you know of any Yoruba at the top that has spoken against the RUGA?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by itsme01: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2019
executive12:

Don't mind itsme01 and his naivety.

grin

Igbos cant reason beyond Sentiments and Insult... naive indeed. una most find an insult or a sentimental divide .. its in your DNA., if its not marginalisation, its islamization or fulanization or Yoruba Muslim, or we the SE/SS, you must sha find something to use in your divisional sentiments... chaiii just prove me wrong and say you aint Ndigbo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by itsme01: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2019
executive12:

Why do you support RUGA in the North but not in the South? It should not be supported anywhere in Nigeria. Cattle herders should be required to ranch their cattle with private fund. With RUGA Buhari is trying to hand Nigeria over to the Fulanis in West Africa, to make them the majority ethnic group. This is a fulfillment of the threat of Miyetti Allah to take over Nigeria, which they claim as a land given to the Fulanis by Allah.

I understand you concerns and i share them bit, however Fulani are facing a climatic problem and it is threatening their survival, Hausa own the arable land up north and the tiv, junkun Okun of middle belt, and if they provide land to solve the global warming problem faced by their northern brothers, its not my concern down south... My concern is for my governors and state legislative to create an anti open grazing law after RUGA is created in the North and for it to be strictly enforced as their are no more excuses.

As for the Funding, FG under Jonathan created a special Intervention Fund for Igbo and Delta Nollywood which made them visit Asorock every other time, Kannywood never complained, AMCON have been using our tax payers money to run Private business like SilverBird, ArikAir, and others, CBN also used our money for Anchor Borrowers for private Northern RIce farmers, Same way Our money is going to Private traders through Trader Money.....

So FG can fund any private sector if it would help in terms of social secuirity, the only thing i am concerned with is how the fulani intend to pay back, through payment of taxes or levies at the Northern RUGA settlements.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by OLUWABIG(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2019
executive12:

Thanks very much for this information.

You are welcome bro
Re: Ruga Settlement: Middle Belt Forum Kicks Against Proposed Fulani Settlement by olumalcolm(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2019
executive12:

With the help of Yoruba Muslims, they have already taken South West. Those South Westerners at the top cannot talk because they don't want to be seen as sabotaging their own government. Do you know of any Yoruba at the top that has spoken against the RUGA?
My broda none ooo, but we are waiting patiently for dem, dey will see. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Grants Kalu's Motion To End Illegal Mining, Gold Smuggling In Nigeria / Passport Issuance Resumes May 31 – Aregbesola / FG To Begin Rehabilitation On Part Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.