Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Former World No. 1,Naomi Osaka Loses To Yulia Putintseva at Wimbledon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former World No. 1,Naomi Osaka Loses To Yulia Putintseva at Wimbledon (189 Views)

Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. / Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former World No. 1,Naomi Osaka Loses To Yulia Putintseva at Wimbledon by MhizMuna: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
The 23 year old Japanese two times grand slam winner seem to have lost her chi since winning the Australian Open in January 2019.

And from this latest upset its fine to assume that her bitterly parted coach might be the one that has the answers she needs at the moment.

Osaka had lost to Putintseva handily in the second round of Birmingham less than two weeks ago, and also in Hobart in 2018. The second seed has yet to win a set against the 24-year-old.

"If you ask me right now, I would say for me grass is the hardest surface to learn because I've played on clay, despite the fact that it was green clay when I was little," Osaka told reporters at Media Day ahead of Wimbledon.

"But I never played on grass until I was 16 or 17. Every day I learn something while I play here. You only technically play on grass for three weeks out of the year, opposed to the clay season. I just feel like my brain has to work way harder every day than the clay season."

https://www./2019/07/naomi-osaka-loses-to-yulia-putintseva.html

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Free Website Setup For Your Market, Brand or Organisation and Biz / Arsenal Nowhere Near Zaha Valuation / Hon. Obieze Sponsors Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Super Cup For Residents Of China Town,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.