Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up (759 Views)

Details Of Peter Obi's Discussion With Obasanjo Revealed, Nigerians React. / Igbos Are Ahead Of Other Tribes In Nigeria – Obasanjo Revealed / Obasanjo Revealed What He Did During The Plane Crash Escape yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up by Legitnews247(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up by Chuks9000: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2019
Legitnews247:
https://www.legitnews247.com/2019/07/obasanjo-reveals-why-nigeria-has-not.html
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has claimed that Nigeria is still one country, because “God is a Nigerian”.
Obasanjo, speaking at the international conference organised at Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, however, warned that the country was fast losing its identity over what he termed “poor management of the nation’s diversity.”
The conference which had in attendance the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo and Ogun State governor, Dapo Abiodun, had the theme: “Religion, the state and global politics”.
He stated that many citizens were unhappy with Nigeria, that they wish to walk away from the country.
In his speech titled “Towards a reunification of the sacred and secular religious intervention in politics,” Obasanjo said: “We are badly handling our diversity that we are losing our identity. And for as long as we are doing that, we are not going to get far even if we get anywhere at all. The management of our diversity must be right.
“Religion is part of our diversity. Politics is part of our diversity. Ethnicity is part of our diversity. We must manage our diversity properly. But when you mismanage diversity with impunity, it is particularly annoying. It may lead to what we may not want it to lead to.
“I don’t know of any Nigerian who doesn’t wish Nigeria well. But I know of many Nigerians who are so unhappy with Nigeria that they may walk away from Nigeria. However, I am an incurable optimist about Nigeria.
“I used to say God is a Nigerian. What we have gone through and what we are going through, Nigeria should not be on the map of the world. God has been kind to us; if not, the country would have ceased to exist.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up by Sainthommes(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2019
Well, as said ironically, I will like to accept your opinion on why Nigeria is still standing for a pinch of salt and then, I will state that the reason Nigeria is still standing is because we are cowards and are always afraid of what will happen if we secede from one another. Nigerians are cowards and I can say we are lazy to react to situations as we always accept things for what they are, we even don't care what happens to the country as long as our immediate family is doing fine, we don't care what other folks are passing through. Selfishness has eaten deep into the heart of an average Nigerian and this has caused us to be negligible in taking up actions that will better the situation of the country. Nigeria will start getting better when elderly ones like Baba Obasanjo starts speaking the truth instead of stories that don't mix. God isn't a Nigerian and that's is out of the context.

Chuks9000:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has claimed that Nigeria is still one country, because “God is a Nigerian”.
Obasanjo, speaking at the international conference organised at Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, however, warned that the country was fast losing its identity over what he termed “poor management of the nation’s diversity.”
The conference which had in attendance the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo and Ogun State governor, Dapo Abiodun, had the theme: “Religion, the state and global politics”.
He stated that many citizens were unhappy with Nigeria, that they wish to walk away from the country.
In his speech titled “Towards a reunification of the sacred and secular religious intervention in politics,” Obasanjo said: “We are badly handling our diversity that we are losing our identity. And for as long as we are doing that, we are not going to get far even if we get anywhere at all. The management of our diversity must be right.
“Religion is part of our diversity. Politics is part of our diversity. Ethnicity is part of our diversity. We must manage our diversity properly. But when you mismanage diversity with impunity, it is particularly annoying. It may lead to what we may not want it to lead to.
“I don’t know of any Nigerian who doesn’t wish Nigeria well. But I know of many Nigerians who are so unhappy with Nigeria that they may walk away from Nigeria. However, I am an incurable optimist about Nigeria.
“I used to say God is a Nigerian. What we have gone through and what we are going through, Nigeria should not be on the map of the world. God has been kind to us; if not, the country would have ceased to exist.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up by Chuks9000: 8:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Sainthommes:
Well, as said ironically, I will like to accept your opinion on why Nigeria is still standing for a pinch of salt and then, I will state that the reason Nigeria is still standing is because we are cowards and are always afraid of what will happen if we secede from one another. Nigerians are cowards and I can say we are lazy to react to situations as we always accept things for what they are, we even don't care what happens to the country as long as our immediate family is doing fine, we don't care what other folks are passing through. Selfishness has eaten deep into the heart of an average Nigerian and this has caused us to be negligible in taking up actions that will better the situation of the country. Nigeria will start getting better when elderly ones like Baba Obasanjo starts speaking the truth instead of stories that don't mix. God isn't a Nigerian and that's is out of the context.

My take is that Nigerians are mis-educated.
Look around you. Is there a body (association of landlords/tenants/schools/traders etc) that exists to ask the local government what it has been doing with all its huge allocations against the simple constitutional duties?
If the monies were seized by the governors, how have they as members (residents/bodies) of the LG pressed on the state governments to release the local govt monies and ensure the released monies are put to good use?
To start with, what is the procedure for appraising the LG officials?
Then talk of holding the governors and president accountable.

This is where the schooled, church/mosque, elders, youths (the entire society) have failed woefully.
The only thing we know how to do is engage in gossips.

My dear friend, we are not cowards. We are simply clueless.
As long as this trend exist from generation to generation, the country will only get worse.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Revealed Why Nigeria Has Not Yet Break Up by Legitnews247(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Vs Buhari: Tribunal Summons INEC Chairman, Zamfara REC To Appear / Deploy Women To Fight Boko Haram, Aisha Buhari Charges Service Chiefs / Revealed: Why Sen. Akpabio, Fmr Nddc Ag. Md Clashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.