Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go (245 Views)

Best Man Of The Groom Who Died 3 Days After Wedding Breaks Silence / Prince Nathaniel Osayande Dies In Accident Days To His Coronation / Accident Kills Lady 5 Days To Her Wedding On Onitsha/Owerri Road (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go by ejimatic: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2019
..... the entire proceedings and the judgement of the Osun State Governorship Election Tribunal a nullity. I hereby set aside the entire proceedings including the judgement," she ruled.
Justice Sankey also faulted the tribunal's decision to declare the supplementary election as illegal as well as cancelling results of 17 polling units even though Adeleke did not prove over-voting took place.
She said, "The absence of proper ballot accounting in the Forms EC8A in the 17 polling units is not a substantial non-compliance and did not substantially affect the results of the election.
"The only appropriate order is for a rerun election as provided under section 140(2) of the Electoral Act but not to recompute the results of the election and proceed to declare the 1st respondent or any other person the winner of the election.
"The tribunal was in patent error when it set aside the rerun election especially when it found that the conduct of the rerun was not marred by malpractices and non-compliance with the Electoral Act, leading to the unwarranted disenfranchisement of the voters in the seven polling units."
Justices Abubakar Yahaya , Isaiah Akeju , and
Bitrus Sanga , agreed with Justice Sankey's. ....... The above except from the appeal court judgement sets a stage for the judgement at the supreme court on Friday. Arising questions are :Will the supreme court overrule itself? will the supreme court contradict itself? Will supreme court expunge section 140 and 250 of the constitution? Will supreme court set aside previous judgements on rerun elections and absence of the justice even in a day during hearing?Will the Supreme court not confirm Oyetola on Friday? Will the supreme court order rerun election in 17 polling units and 7polling units where rerun took place? Will the supreme court say constitution and electoral laws are not related again?Will the Supreme court overrule all its precedents relating to Osun election? The final decision is in the hand of CJN Tanko Mohammed and his team.As for me my personal opinion without reservation to anybody or any aggrieved individual or group is: The Supreme court will confirm Oyetola as governor or order a rerun in 17 contested poling units and 7 polling units where rerun took place.

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go by Megatrix: 8:50am On Jul 02, 2019
Three days to kicking out those that stole the mandate in osun and return it to the rightful owner
Re: Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go by Adedaniel211(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2019
I wish both best of luck...

1 Like

Re: Osun Election: Oyetola Vrs Adeleke :3 Days To Go by Johnnyessence(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2019
ejimatic:
..... the entire proceedings and the judgement of the Osun State Governorship Election Tribunal a nullity. I hereby set aside the entire proceedings including the judgement," she ruled.
Justice Sankey also faulted the tribunal's decision to declare the supplementary election as illegal as well as cancelling results of 17 polling units even though Adeleke did not prove over-voting took place.
She said, "The absence of proper ballot accounting in the Forms EC8A in the 17 polling units is not a substantial non-compliance and did not substantially affect the results of the election.
"The only appropriate order is for a rerun election as provided under section 140(2) of the Electoral Act but not to recompute the results of the election and proceed to declare the 1st respondent or any other person the winner of the election.
"The tribunal was in patent error when it set aside the rerun election especially when it found that the conduct of the rerun was not marred by malpractices and non-compliance with the Electoral Act, leading to the unwarranted disenfranchisement of the voters in the seven polling units."
Justices Abubakar Yahaya , Isaiah Akeju , and
Bitrus Sanga , agreed with Justice Sankey's. ....... The above except from the appeal court judgement sets a stage for the judgement at the supreme court on Friday. Arising questions are :Will the supreme court overrule itself? will the supreme court contradict itself? Will supreme court expunge section 140 and 250 of the constitution? Will supreme court set aside previous judgements on rerun elections and absence of the justice even in a day during hearing?Will the Supreme court not confirm Oyetola on Friday? Will the supreme court order rerun election in 17 polling units and 7polling units where rerun took place? Will the supreme court say constitution and electoral laws are not related again?Will the Supreme court overrule all its precedents relating to Osun election? The final decision is in the hand of CJN Tanko Mohammed and his team.As for me my personal opinion without reservation to anybody or any aggrieved individual or group is: The Supreme court will confirm Oyetola as governor or order a rerun in 17 contested poling units and 7 polling units where rerun took place.
OSUN STATE SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT:

Both parties are into different means of getting victory Cum July 5th 2019 which by God's grace come up this Friday. Every concern body are eager to sing a song of Victory Cum Friday. When I was in Islamic School some years ago, they taught me that God will never give what belongs to A to B, And no Matter what, What will be will be, just that it can only be delayed.

However, either prayer or fasting God knows who will win the coming Supreme Court judgement. I'm now saying it with no apology that the last controversial election that brought Gboyega Oyetola to government house, if truly the election was peaceful without rigging and no abnormalities, May Almighty Allah give Gboyega Oyetola Victory Cum 5th July 2019 but if the election that brought Gboyega to Abere Is full of irregularities, and it is not in line with the mind of majority of Osun People, by The special grace of God Allah, the Holy Quran and Holy Land (Mecca) Sen. Ademola Nurudeen Adeleke Shall be victorious Cum 5th Of July 2019, his stolen mandate shall be given back to him By the special grace of God.

Both Party should Claim the prayer point

(1) (Reply)

Bookkeeping Services: Get Streamlined Payroll / Got Scammed 15k For Account Management / How To Make Nothing Less Than 300,000 Naira In A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.