Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Closer Look At The Widespread Protests In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Closer Look At The Widespread Protests In Nigeria (188 Views)

Youth In Northern Nigeria Staging A Protest Over The Widespread Killings. / Our Lives Matter', Northern Youths Protest Against Widespread Insecurity.(video) / Any Meaning To The Widespread Agbada/traditional Dress Code Of Politicians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Closer Look At The Widespread Protests In Nigeria by Oyinsblog(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2019
Leadership is not the only problem in Nigeria. Followership is the worse of all Nigeria's Social, Political, psychological and economic problems.

I have tremendous respect and regards to youths in countries like Algeria, Venezuela, Brazil, Kenya, South Africa, Sudan, Liberia, Sierra Lone and presumably, the youths of the Congo and the Gambia among others.

I have watched governance activities in Nigeria since 2003, the leadership maybe bad as postulated, but followers are distracted and don't really know what they should demand from the powerful in the Society.

Nigeria is the only country I have noticed that its government is stronger than the people. In other climes, the masses are stronger than the government.

Again, in Nigeria, whatsoever the government does, some groups will support and other groups will remain opposed while the others will be neutral.

There is no collective unity in Nigeria. Everything the leadership choose to do must get approval from a certain facet of the citizenry.

It is troublesome and worrisome indeed to see Nigerians especially the youths misbehaving despite their certificates and degrees acquisition.

WHAT MAKES OTHER YOUTHS TO PROTEST IN OTHER COUNTRIES:

1. Bad or unfavorable governance
2. Lack of core basic amenities like roads, water, health insurance or healthcare, and education.
3. Threat to their lives like an alien invasion.
4. Insecurities, insurgencies and insurrections.
5. High level of inequality, unemployment and poverty.
6. Unclear governmental policies and programs
7. Unfulfilled promises of government to the people.
8. Dictatorial and anarchical cum fascist and militaristic government.
9. Lack of constitutional due process and absence of constitutionalism.
10. Threat to national symbols and image.
11. Judicial, legislature and executive disregard to the people and national common goals etc.

THINGS THAT MAKE NIGERIANS YOUTH TO PROTEST

1. Rape
2. Gossip
3. Fallacy, illusion and phantasmagoria.
4. Ethics argument
5. Dressing of others.
6. SAS
7. Religion superiority and intolerance
8. Attacks on pastors
9. Anti tithing
10. The lifestyle of pastors etc.

I wasn't interested in knowing what happened between the pastor of COZA and the lady in question. Certainly, another lady has written on how she was allegedly raped by a popular pastor at Ikotun axis of Lagos. And I am not defending the accused or the accuser.

My point is this, must the youth protest irrelevant things in Nigeria?

Continue reading https://justofofo.com.ng/widespread-protests-in-nigeria/

Re: Closer Look At The Widespread Protests In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 02, 2019
Lazy youths, buhari has said it all..

(1) (Reply)

What You Face / The Race To Creek Haven / BREAKING: I Wish You Well - Adeleke Tells Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.