Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Arsenal Sign Brazilian Forward Martinelli - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Sign Brazilian Forward Martinelli (300 Views)

Official: Arsenal Sign Pepe For £72 From Lille / Meet Jayden Adetiba: Biography, Arsenal Sign 9-Year-Old Nigerian In South Africa / Arsenal Sign Pierre-emerick Aubameyang From Borussia Dortmund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign Brazilian Forward Martinelli by sarmuel97(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
Arsenal have confirmed the signing of teenage Brazilian forward Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano.

The 18-year-old has joined on a long-term deal and is the Gunners' first signing of the close season.

Martinelli was named in the 2019 Team of the Year for the Campeonato Paulista and was rewarded with a chance to join Brazil's senior team for a training camp in May.

He will link up with his new team-mates for pre-season training at Arsenal once the deal, reported to be worth £6million, has been ratified.

Speaking to Arsenal's official website, Martinelli said: "It is a dream since I was a child and also my family's dream for me to be playing in Europe and playing for a big team like Arsenal. I am going to take this opportunity.

"I am very grateful for everything. I am grateful to God and I will try to make the most out of it.

"Training with Brazil was an amazing feeling, a dream come true, being able to be beside great players. I was home when I got the news and I was super happy.

"It is a great opportunity to learn and I enjoyed it as much as I could and I have to thank the team for welcoming me with open arms."

He added: "I am a player who gives his all at all times, I play as a team and always look to win games and win trophies.

"I model my game on Cristiano Ronaldo - he is a player who works hard, pushing himself to the next level."

Martinelli made his debut for Ituano in November 2017 and scored 10 goals in 34 appearances for the Sao Paulo-based club.

Read more @

http://www.xclusivenaija.com.ng/arsenal-sign-bra…rward-martinelli/sports/ ‎

(1) (Reply)

History Favours Ghana To Win The 2019 Nations Cup, Twitter User Give Facts / Nigeria 2 : 1 South Africa — Five Lessons Learnt From The Encounter / Real Reason Why Lionel Messi Is Facing Potential Ban From International Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.