Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered (975 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / Your Untamed Sexual Desires Can Hinder Your Miracles / 7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered by Onyekachi85(m): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Often we are disturbed whenever God does not answer our prayers when we needed Him to. Most times we feel disappointed, frustrated, and wanting to give up hope as a result of the delay in our expectations.

We even imagine sometimes if God is still in existence... If He is still what he said he is or, has he changed from being God to another thing. But in the midst of all these thoughts, questions and imaginations.

Have you ever managed to examine yourself to know the reasons why your prayers are not answered? Is it your fault or that God purposely refused to answer your prayers, Or does it mean that He doesn't love you?

Of course, God listens to us, God loves us, God in His supremacy answers our prayers too. Though sometimes He may decide to keep quiet not because he didn't want to, but because he wanted to give you the best and at the right time.

God answers prayer in three ways:

Sometimes God tells us to wait for His own right time because He has his timing.
Sometimes God says yes because He wants you to have it at that particular time.
While sometimes God says no you don't deserve what you asked for.

But we must be in the know, however, that apart from God asking us to wait for the right time for our prayers to be answered, there are few other things that stop and hinders our prayers from being answered, and it's our responsibility to take care of it all.

Most times the answer to our prayers are being hindered by our sinful acts. There are many sins that man commits against God, and mankind, which are capable of blocking the channel through which we communicate God.

Isaiah 59:1-3. Says that the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear our cry. But our iniquities have separated us from the Lord our maker; our sins have hidden his face from us that he will not hear.

Because your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt, your lips have spoken falsely, and your tongue whispers wicked things.

Sin is like a worm that eats up the good of anything it comes against, it is a virus and should be dealt with. 1John 3:4 defined sin as a transgression of the law. Everyone who sins breaks the law, making sin itself lawlessness.

Ezekiel 18:20, also described Sin as the child of uncontrolled desire in a man. It says that anyone who commits sin is the one who will die. That the children will not share or partake in the sin of the parent, not even the parent will share from the guilt of the child.

But those that live righteously it will be credited to them, while wickedness will also be used against the wicked.

That is why man is never at peace within himself whenever he commits sin. Because the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud. And they are separated from the presence of God.

Sin is a curse upon all mankind for when a man goes beyond the will of God. He is consequently placed under a curse and that inevitably will cause man his relationship with his maker. Jeremiah 5:25 Declared that our wrongdoings deprived us good things that come from God.

Prayer is an important constituent of every Christian life, and we should do everything possible within our reach to keep it alive and never be hindered. If you really don’t want your prayers hindered, then stop doing these 7 things.

7 Things that hinder the answer of our prayers:

1. Unforgiven and none reconciliation spirit.

In Matthew 5:23-24 Jesus was telling the disciples the importance of forgiveness, "Therefore, if you are offering a gift to God, there at the altar you remember that your brother has something against you. That you should leave your gift there, go and reconcile with your brother and then come back and offer your gift.

Mark 11:25-26. Also confirm that, by asking us to forgive whenever we stand praying if we have anything against any: so that our Father who is in heaven may also forgive us our trespasses. But if we refuse to forgive, even our Father who is in heaven will not forgive our trespasses.

Our prayers, gift, money, etc are an abomination to God when we pray with the unreconciled and unforgiven mind. When we fail to make peace with our neighbors, friends or families and still come to God. God does not hear us, neither will he answer.

Consider these verses:

If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. Psalm 66:18.
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psalm 66:18.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; Psalm 66:18.

Read more>>> https://www.giftedmouth.com/2016/09/live-above-doubt-and-unbelief-and-see.html

Re: 7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered by Greatzeus(m): 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2019
Onyekachi85:
Often we are disturbed whenever God does not answer our prayers when we needed Him to. Most times we feel disappointed, frustrated, and wanting to give up hope as a result of the delay in our expectations.

We even imagine sometimes if God is still in existence... If He is still what he said he is or, has he changed from being God to another thing. But in the midst of all these thoughts, questions and imaginations.

Have you ever managed to examine yourself to know the reasons why your prayers are not answered? Is it your fault or that God purposely refused to answer your prayers, Or does it mean that He doesn't love you?

Of course, God listens to us, God loves us, God in His supremacy answers our prayers too. Though sometimes He may decide to keep quiet not because he didn't want to, but because he wanted to give you the best and at the right time.

God answers prayer in three ways:

Sometimes God tells us to wait for His own right time because He has his timing.
Sometimes God says yes because He wants you to have it at that particular time.
While sometimes God says no you don't deserve what you asked for.

But we must be in the know, however, that apart from God asking us to wait for the right time for our prayers to be answered, there are few other things that stop and hinders our prayers from being answered, and it's our responsibility to take care of it all.

Most times the answer to our prayers are being hindered by our sinful acts. There are many sins that man commits against God, and mankind, which are capable of blocking the channel through which we communicate God.

Isaiah 59:1-3. Says that the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear our cry. But our iniquities have separated us from the Lord our maker; our sins have hidden his face from us that he will not hear.

Because your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt, your lips have spoken falsely, and your tongue whispers wicked things.

Sin is like a worm that eats up the good of anything it comes against, it is a virus and should be dealt with. 1John 3:4 defined sin as a transgression of the law. Everyone who sins breaks the law, making sin itself lawlessness.

Ezekiel 18:20, also described Sin as the child of uncontrolled desire in a man. It says that anyone who commits sin is the one who will die. That the children will not share or partake in the sin of the parent, not even the parent will share from the guilt of the child.

But those that live righteously it will be credited to them, while wickedness will also be used against the wicked.

That is why man is never at peace within himself whenever he commits sin. Because the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud. And they are separated from the presence of God.

Sin is a curse upon all mankind for when a man goes beyond the will of God. He is consequently placed under a curse and that inevitably will cause man his relationship with his maker. Jeremiah 5:25 Declared that our wrongdoings deprived us good things that come from God.

Prayer is an important constituent of every Christian life, and we should do everything possible within our reach to keep it alive and never be hindered. If you really don’t want your prayers hindered, then stop doing these 7 things.

7 Things that hinder the answer of our prayers:

1. Unforgiven and none reconciliation spirit.

In Matthew 5:23-24 Jesus was telling the disciples the importance of forgiveness, "Therefore, if you are offering a gift to God, there at the altar you remember that your brother has something against you. That you should leave your gift there, go and reconcile with your brother and then come back and offer your gift.

Mark 11:25-26. Also confirm that, by asking us to forgive whenever we stand praying if we have anything against any: so that our Father who is in heaven may also forgive us our trespasses. But if we refuse to forgive, even our Father who is in heaven will not forgive our trespasses.

Our prayers, gift, money, etc are an abomination to God when we pray with the unreconciled and unforgiven mind. When we fail to make peace with our neighbors, friends or families and still come to God. God does not hear us, neither will he answer.

Consider these verses:

If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. Psalm 66:18.
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psalm 66:18.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; Psalm 66:18.

Read more>>> https://www.giftedmouth.com/2016/09/live-above-doubt-and-unbelief-and-see.html

Apart from salvation and spiritual gifts that can only be gotten by faith through Jesus Christ, every good thing is meant for every living person. You don't even have to fast and die to receive them cos Even some atheists, Muslims or unbelievers have it more abundantly than you. So always thank God,stop making stupid request in name of prayer,God has given everything to you already, rather learn to thank him.
I challenge you to tell me one thing you have fasted or prayed for that you received that some unbelievers or atheists don't have or even millions times than you have, Tell me.
So if those who are not children of God have it without praying to God( even if they pray we assumed their prayers are not answered right? Since they are " sinners" )or without fasting to the point of death,you think God wouldn't give it to you without giving yourself asthma Or without disturbing the good sleep of innocent people, children and babies all in the name of vigil
Just thinking out loud.
Re: 7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2019
For someone who is sick! This I will understand, otherwise How about you simply stop replacing laziness with prayer and go work your a** off to achieve your dreams?? And simply stop waiting for a miracle

1 Like

Re: 7 Dangerous Things That Can Hinder Your Prayers From Being Answered by Onyekachi85(m): 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
You are correct my brother anyone replacing laziness with prayers does not even know his or her bible. The bible made it clear that anyone who refused to work should not eat.

But should we abandon prayer and God because we are successful in life? No, what of the bible passage that ask us to pray without season and Matthew 7:7 that told us to ask, seek and knock. If God didn't know the important of prayer would he had ask us to pray?

Prayer is the fighting force for every Christian, even the Muslims don't joke with their prayers likewise every other religion including the idol worshipers who will always go to their shrine to talk to their god. Every Christian need prayer to be able to overcome the troubles of this world.

(1) (Reply)

Dunamis International Gospel Centre...needs Employee In The Following Job / Bashing Of The Atheists So Thrilling / Watch As APOSTLE SULEMAN Prophesied Today’s Abuja Plane Crash During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.