Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Curious Case Of Victor Moses And Tiemoue Bakayoko Fate - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Curious Case Of Victor Moses And Tiemoue Bakayoko Fate (637 Views)

Photo Of Victor Moses' Christmas Tree / Tiemoue Bakayoko Crashes £150,000 Mercedes SUV / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Curious Case Of Victor Moses And Tiemoue Bakayoko Fate by Pepperoniq(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2019
The Curious Case Of Victor Moses And Tiemoue Bakayoko.

Victor Moses and Tiemoue Bakayoko spent last season on loan away from Stamford Bridge, and one could wonder whether the duo will be at the club next season or will move on loan deals or permanent deals away from the club.

Moses joined Chelsea in 2012, and was an important first team player that year, and he played a key role as Chelsea went on to win the Europa League. For the next three years, Moses was out on loan as he played for Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham for the next three seasons.

Surprisingly, Moses was a key player for Chelsea under Antonio Conte for two seasons as he held the right wing-back position, and was one of the best players in the Premier League as Chelsea won the league in Conte’s first season.

However, Moses failed to make the team under Maurizio Sarri as the Italian lined the team in a 4-3-3 position, and the competition was too much for Moses to break into the team, as he’s found himself behind Eden Hazard, Pedro and Willian in the pecking order.

After finding it hard to break into Sarri’s side, Moses left for Fenerbahce on an 18-month loan deal. Since teaming up with the Turkish Super Lig side, the 28-year-old winger scored three goals in 15 appearances.

Despite relishing his time with the Yellow Canaries, the Chelsea loanee announced that he won’t be playing for the Turkish side next season.

“I had a very enjoyable experience, but I won’t be here next season,” Moses was quoted by Football Italia.

“I am leaving Fenerbahce. I want a new adventure in my career.”

Moses is being linked with Inter Milan as former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is keen on reuniting with his former wing-back.

For Tiemoue Bakayoko, he spent last season on loan with AC Milan, and his loan spell with AC Milan was one of downwards, upwards and then downwards again.

Bakayoko struggled at first to do well at Milan and his performances were so poor that AC Milan boss Gennaro Gattuso was frustrated with him and wanted to return him back to Chelsea.

Fortunately, Bakayoko’s performance improved afterwards and Milan decided to keep him. There were even talks of Milan buying Bakayoko but he fell out with his manager towards the end of the season, and Milan decided that he returned back to Chelsea.

For Chelsea fans, they don’t really have a good memory about Bakayoko as he struggled in his first season at the club after a £40m move from Monaco. Bakayoko was one of the stars of that Monaco side that had the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Fabian, Mendy and a host of stars that won the French league and reached the semi-final of the Champions League.

If Bakayoko returns to his form he showed at Monaco and his hay days at AC Milan, he could be like a new signing for Chelsea this summer. The Frenchman struggled with the intensity of the Premier League in his first year, but one could wonder whether he would meet up to standard next season.

The case around Bakayoko is very curious as no one knows the kind of player he’d be next season, but if the 25-year-old can play to his potential, Chelsea will have a gem that could be like a new signing next season.

So what do you think?
Re: The Curious Case Of Victor Moses And Tiemoue Bakayoko Fate by kleverley(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2019
IMO, if Chelsea want to bring back any one of them it should be Moses...
he was an integral part of conte's team and very phenomenal at that ...I think he can still replicate such prowess

(1) (Reply)

All The Latest Transfer Headlines / Is Bale The Most Successful ‘failure’ Ever? / Would You Sell Alex Iwobi For £30m? See Fans Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.