Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season (12720 Views)

Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus / Female Referee Gives Kaka Yellow Card Before Selfie With Him (Photos) / Stephanie Frappart: Chelsea Vs Liverpool Super - Cup Final (Female Referee) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by reportminds: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2019
La Liga to introduce first female referee next season

La Liga will be getting its first female referee next season, as confirmed by the Spanish Football Federation on Tuesday. This is coming 12 years after female referee, Marisa Villa, who was named in La Liga's list in 2007 did not pass the physical tests required to officiate a match.

32-year-old assistant referee, Guadalupe Porras Ayuso, who will now become the first woman ever to officiate in the league, has worked in Segunda, the men's second division, for two seasons and before that officiated for eight seasons in Segunda B, the third division in Spain.

"The assistant referee will be the first woman to debut in the top flight," the RFEF said in a statement.

It is also speculated that her elevation will give the much needed boost to for gender equality in Spanish football, following the year long unprecedented interest in the women's game.

Read more https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/la-liga-to-introduce-first-female.html

2 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Dwizeone: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2019
smiley
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by czarina(f): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2019
Naso e supposed to be grin

Oya, check my profile. You need us smiley

2 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Dagger111(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2019
reportminds:
La Liga to introduce first female referee next season

La Liga will be getting its first female referee next season, as confirmed by the Spanish Football Federation on Tuesday. This is coming 12 years after female referee, Marisa Villa, who was named in La Liga's list in 2007 did not pass the physical tests required to officiate a match.

Good development

32-year-old assistant referee, Guadalupe Porras Ayuso, who will now become the first woman ever to officiate in the league, has worked in Segunda, the men's second division, for two seasons and before that officiated for eight seasons in Segunda B, the third division in Spain.

"The assistant referee will be the first woman to debut in the top flight," the RFEF said in a statement.

It is also speculated that her elevation will give the much needed boost to for gender equality in Spanish football, following the year long unprecedented interest in the women's game.

Read more https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/la-liga-to-introduce-first-female.html

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by SirHouloo(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2019
Fouls go plenty die

1 Like

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by mrNEMZY(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2019
Do male refrees officiate female football?

Dis females sef them too dey like show themselves

Nonsense

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Visman(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2019
ok
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Philinho(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2019
That is good new for feminist

11 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by martineverest(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2019
SirHouloo:
Fouls go plenty die
u footballers are like u..they are professional when on field
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Adebowhales(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2019
She will fall in love with Messi... Free 4 penalties per match.

5 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by freemanbubble: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2019
Okay
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Lordjb: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2019
It will be nice
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by badmrkt(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2019
dia turnamment dem no fit manage, na male own dem go fit manage...we dey watch

1 Like

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by spencekat(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2019
Philinho:
That is good new for feminist
I dey tell you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by LesleyJude(f): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2019
Hello everyone,
If you require any assistance with South Africa or Australian visa kindly check my profile for my contact and you can get in touch.
Our service is 100% guaranteed.

Thank you.
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by JubrinElSudan: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2019
One thing I observed with female referees in the ongoing women World Cup. They rely too much on VAR

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Almunjid(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2019
Esomchi800:
Please Guys I need a loan
I want to bury my dad
I just need a loan abeg
some one should help me
after d burial I will pay back

This is Nairaland, no be banking hall. grin

2 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by IeatPussy: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2019
Esomchi800:
Please Guys I need a loan
I want to bury my dad
I just need a loan abeg
some one should help me
after d burial I will pay back

You don't borrow loan for burial, you borrow for business so that you can pay back.

7 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Fuckthamods: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2019
If messi mistakenly touch this one while playing ball she will scream rape ooooo

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Esomchi800(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
IeatPussy:

You don't borrow loan for burial, you borrow for business so that you can pay back.

I will pay back
I am sure of that
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by nairalee(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
I just hope it won't lead to loss of concentration for some players, officials or even we fans

Cos me I'm already distracted just thinking about bouncing bobble wobbly things
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Esomchi800(m): 10:23am On Jul 03, 2019
Almunjid:

This is Nairaland, no be banking hall. grin
I went to my bank and they said they can't give me a loan of 100k that they don't give such loan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by winosport: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2019
Do male referees officiate female games....otherwise I don't think this is equality or justice.

2 Likes

Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2019
Hmm. The world is changing
Re: La Liga To Introduce First Female Referee Next Season by chiefolododo(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2019
It is not nice. Someone like Neymar can rape the ref

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guardiola Named EPL Manager Of The Season / Gunners Football Academy Joins "A" List Of Leading Academy In Africa / CAF Reveals 2013 AFCON Teams And Draw Seeding!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.