Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Concluding Part Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Concluding Part Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know (511 Views)

I'm Restarting Rabbit Breeding. One is of my DOEs kindled, it's my first. / Part 2 Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know / Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concluding Part Bella Rabbit Breeding All You Need To Know by Maleeqberry(m): 10:38am On Jul 03, 2019
*Bella Feed concluding part of June lecture*

*Random mating* this is the simplest type of mating where all males in the farm have equal chance of mating with any doe in that particular farm.
In *random mating* breed, genetic make up, blood line, trait does not influence mating like other breeding systems..

*Out-crossing* this is the method whereby rabbit farmer introduced new individual preferably buck of different genetic backgrounds into his/her farm. It is one way of creating a new genetic variation

*Previous lectures* we discussed about crossbreeding... Most rabbit farmer find it difficult to distinguish between *out-crossing* and *crossbreeding*

Crossbreeding which is the mating of two different breeds ẹ.g *Dutch* and *hyla* but in order to *out-crossing* , the rabbit have to be of the same breed ẹ.g hyla from different bloodlines. The prime objective is to breed two rabbit of the same breed that are completely unrelated genetically. Therefore, the two mating (the buck and the doe must come from separate bloodlines. (that is why most farmer prefer to buy buck and doe from different farm or bloodline
*outcrossing* is practiced. With the introduction of new blood in a line, result from an *out-cross* tend to exhibit more hybrid vigor ( heterosis).

*Advantages of out-crossing.*
�Reduce inbreeding depression outcrossing is very significant in reduction of inbreeding depression. This is the loss of hybrid vigor within the bloodline following repeated inbreeding.
�Another prominent reasons for an outcross is to introduce new characteristics or traits into your bloodline that your rabbit is missing.

*Line breeding.* Is the mating of offspring that are related with only one parent either related by the buck or doe
*Line breeding* It involves breeding together more distant relatives, such as cousins.
*Linebreeding* is a special form of inbreeding utilized for the purpose of maintaining a high genetic relationship with a desirable traits..

*Experimenting line breeding with typical example ,* if a father Rabbits breeds several of his daughters
and some of the the daughter give bath to offspring with impaired vision or offspring with bad trait e.g long teeth , these animals will be eliminated .discontinuing this gene.
The Offspring from the father that do not have this impaired vision will pass on the GOOD genetics of the father Rabbits . If the father had never been bred to his daughters, this bad gene may have gone undetected for several
generations but since it was concentrated the bad gene show face and was eliminated

��‍� I remain my humble self
*Mr RAMON MALIK* from Ilorin kwara state Nigeria ��‍�

08132889963 whatsapp group
Immamumolik@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Nut Shelling Peeling Roasting Machine For Sale / Fisheries and Aquaculture Class (PRACTICAL/THEORY) / I Have 100k.. How Can I Invest In Agriculture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.