Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya (692 Views)

Akeredolu: Foreigners From Mali Trained In Libya Behind Attack On Owo Church / We Were Recruited In Mosques, Trained In Libya – Terrorists Arrested In North / Immigration Service Ban 150 Nigerians From Traveling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by todaysecho: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
There are fears that several Nigerians may have lost their lives in the Airstrike that hit a migrant detention centre in Libya on Tuesday after news channel Al Jazeerah revealed that up to 150 Nigerians were staying at the camp.
The Tajoura camp on the suburb of the Libyan capital of Tripoli, reportedly holds migrants from several African countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
An Al Jazeerah correspondent who visited the camp in December 2017 and January 2018 said conditions there are terrible with migrants living in precarious conditions.

At least 40 people have lost their lives in the air strike late on Tuesday

Some 130 people were injured in the attack, which the United Nations has described as a War Crime.
The Africa Union also issued a statement calling for an inquiry into responsibility for the attack.

It is the highest publicly reported toll of an airstrike or shelling since eastern forces loyal to Haftar launched an offensive three months ago with ground troops and aircraft to take the capital held by the internationally recognised government.

Libya is a key departure point for migrants and refugees from Africa and Arab countries trying to reach Italy by boat, but many get picked up by the Libyan coastguard, which is supported by the European Union.
Centre officials blamed the raid on Haftar’s forces [Mahmud Turkia/AFP]
Thousands are being held in government-run detention centres in what human rights groups say are often inhuman conditions.

Re: 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
As soon as I heard it was a migrant detention center, I knew I had lost Nigerian brothers and sisters. God rest their hustling souls.

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by Amuocha: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Buhari sef angry
Re: 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by Harlem2(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
150 wasted just like that
Re: 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by Seetto: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
The world should end abeg undecided
Re: 150 Nigerians At Bombed Migrant Detention Centre In Libya by noblealuu: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Harlem2:
150 wasted just like that

40 lives were lost!

(1) (Reply)

I Refused To Share Money With People That Brought Me To Power - Obaseki (video) / Breakdown Of CJN Tanko Muhammed's WAEC Result / See List Of 105 New Standing Committees Of The 9th House Of Representatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.