Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call (26248 Views)

LASU Lecturer Punishes Student For Not Tucking In His Shirt, Noise Making / UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by obinnawhyte(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2019
Emaax77:
Are you too big to be disciplined? lipsrsealed

So that's your own way an undergraduate should be disciplined?.

No wonder we have alot of you being like even Junior Secondary School pupils even after 4 / 5 years in the higher institution.

Please ask elderly ones around how it's been done in their time
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by DameB(f): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2019
baby124:

Very good. Thumbs up to FG. Maturity in universities will also greatly reduce the nuisance of cultism. Those that graduate too early can either go to polytechnic or learn a skill. The ones that graduate early from programs like gifted school Suleja can get exemption to enter Uni since they are certified geniuses.

Will it? My dear na ritualism now. Small kids back then might just be interested in dressing up and toasting babes/be hunted by guys due to all those raging hormones. But these old people now want YOLO and to live like Emoney
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by freshMallam1122: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
justtryme:
I was in engineering esut far back 1999, no lecturer can raise his voice to students let alone harass you when some guys come to class with their guns on their waste.

Things have really degenerated that we now have kids in our universities who do not know their left and right.
by now u should be a grown up criminal with ur kids doing akpero an conductor in ojuelegba
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by DameB(f): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
NobleAngell:
In a university? I don't blame the lecturer, its the students that knelt down that i blame.

Why should he take a call while lecturing? Is it right?

People don't know their right in this country.

These lecturers destroy all forms of self-esteem from these students that by the time they enter the real jungle of job and business world, they become weak to fend for themselves.

1 Like

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by baby124: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
DameB:

Will it? My dear na ritualism now. Small kids back then might just be interested in dressing up and toasting babes/be hunted by guys due to all those raging hormones. But these old people now want YOLO and to live like Emoney
Yes. Maturity in school will greatly reduce Cultism. Most of the cultists are influenced because of their age and lack of parental supervision. A 14/15yr old in Uni will want to live bigger than he is and experience things a 20yr old should be experiencing. They are more likely to lack a mind of their own and look for protection due to age. They are also more likely not to be able to fully evaluate the consequences of their actions.

As for yahoo and ritualism... that is a cultural scourge from unemployment and desperation. Which the FG needs to find job creation solutions.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by YoungLionken(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
There's no big deal there afterall, higher institutions are more of teens these days.

And these kids get so annoyed when you tell them that they are young.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by meobizy(f): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
I came for a picture.
#RubbishNews.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by NobleAngell(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
DameB:

These lecturers destroy all forms of self-esteem from these students that by the time they enter the real jungle of job and business world, they become weak to fend for themselves.
Exactly. Imagine adults being treated like kids, simply because if they stand up for what's right, they risk having an extra year. Its a pity.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Alejobs: 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
Let's find our way back to love
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by DameB(f): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
baby124:

Yes. Maturity in school will greatly reduce Cultism. Most of the cultists are influenced because of their age and lack of parental supervision. A 14/15yr old in Uni will want to live bigger than he is and experience things a 20yr old should be experiencing. They are more likely to lack a mind of their own and look for protection due to age. They are also more likely not to be able to fully evaluate the consequences of their actions.

As for yahoo and ritualism... that is a cultural scourge from unemployment and desperation. Which the FG needs to find job creation solutions.

Age does help as it is expected to come with maturity and improved decision making skills. Remember competitiveness sometimes causes even the ones above 18 to be led astray.
See ehn if being influenced was solely age-dependent, people won't be making a living as influencers.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by baby124: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
DameB:

Age does help as it is expected to come with maturity and improved decision making skills. Remember competitiveness sometimes causes even the ones above 18 to be led astray.
See ehn if being influenced was solely age-dependent, people won't be making a living as influencers.
This is true. Please note I did not say eliminate, I said greatly reduced. In an environment where most act mature, the mature ones who act immature will be easily fished out and punished or ostracized. Influencers make more money from teenagers and parents of teenagers than adults.

That’s why that Kardashian teen is a billionaire.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Alejobs: 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
I dream of a time when I can say you are my friend!
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Badgers14: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
This is exactly what is wrong with our kwontry Nigeria.

Everyone complains about FG, Buhari , Jonathan but in their little capacity, with their little authority, they all turn into a demi god.

I can't forget what I went through with one of my course rep..... just a course rep ooooo just dey flex muscle any how... Sheyi I have not forgotten oooo, you have to pay me back all my money with interest angry
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by EmperorShizzy: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
NobleAngell:
In a university? I don't blame the lecturer, its the students that knelt down that i blame.

Why should he take a call while lecturing? Is it right?

People don't know their right in this country.
Thank you for this, Nigeria youths of these nothing more than docile, subservient dolts suffering under the "let us graduate immediately" syndrome which has incapacitated them from protesting an infringement on their rights

1 Like

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by justtryme: 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
freshMallam1122:
by now u should be a grown up criminal with ur kids doing akpero an conductor in ojuelegba

Well, am actually doing great. Am my kids are doing quite better.
As a matter of fact, one will be going to study in abroad soon.
Perhaps I perceive you are jobless considering your reply. I run my own company. I can actually create a little offer for you.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by NobleAngell(f): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
EmperorShizzy:

Thank you for this, Nigeria youths of these nothing more than docile, subservient dolts suffering under the "let us graduate immediately" syndrome which has incapacitated them from protesting an infringement on their rights
My Point Exactly. This has nothing to do with discipline. This is why they fail to stand for the right thing when they find themselves at the helm of affairs. Such a pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by DameB(f): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
NobleAngell:
Exactly. Imagine adults being treated like kids, simply because if they stand up for what's right, they risk having an extra year. Its a pity.

Another scenario where power is been abused. How many Nigerian students will make it to International Blue Chip companies or Silicon Valley and invite their lecturers if there's a job opening?

Las las the lecturers dey do themselves
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by freshMallam1122: 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
justtryme:

Well, am actually doing great. Am my kids are doing quite better.
As a matter of fact, one will be going to study in abroad soon.
Perhaps I perceive you are jobless considering your reply. I run my own company. I can actually create a little offer for you.
anoffia person were never chop since morning the form dangote.. Bet9ja want finish ur life..
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Cruzzygraphics4: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lol
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by subcbouy: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
Benekruku:
Things have change

ESUT of 1997.....

Those that know know.

You follow Eshoot gang
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Gkemz: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
One of my engineering lecturers in computer engineering go as far as landing a heavy knock on your if you misbehave during class those years as an undergraduate in esut.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Perpetual97(f): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
JosWatchDog:
A 300l student of Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT has taken to his WhatsApp status to express how surprised he was after a lecturer asked the whole class to kneel down for making noise while the lecturer was making a phone call in the class.

The said lecturer is the Head of Department (HOD), Engineering Faculty.

According to one of the the student present in the class, he took to his WhatsApp status to express the shock.

Narrating the incident to JTCBLOG metro, the student explained as thus:

Our HOD was in the class lecturing us Nd his phone rang,We were making noise whilst he was still on call, after the call he told us to kneel down.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2019/07/esut-lecturer-punishes-student-for.html

� lol , omo in my department they write names of noise makers
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by bumzydaprince: 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lol..I knew it was chemical engineering hod,the boi that posted that is just a jjc...its has been his ways and we make fun out of it...he will tell us to kneel down,and we will start hailing him with names like vc,ezigbo member,etc..and we all laughed over it...cos it made the class fun,never for once did we see it as a punishment sha..
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by mrblessed(m): 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
justtryme:
I was in engineering esut far back 1999, no lecturer can raise his voice to students let alone harass you when some guys come to class with their guns on their waste.

Things have really degenerated that we now have kids in our universities who do not know their left and right.
It seems like guns were part of your curriculum during your days at ESUT. So carrying guns, especially as a student, in a country that hasn't legalise it, is part of human right? I am sure you graduated with flying colours; with your teachers, of course, well aware of the efficacy your gun.

1 Like

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Alejobs: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
Nigeria need more of the good people to stand up and be counted!
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by materialproject: 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
I see

Making Noise

Go check the Rule
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by Justiceleague1: 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
paddyofboss:
Small children school

That's it.
Most uni student are still like primary school kids.
Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by KingLennon(m): 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2019
Justice28:
Tiri COZA for the Lecturer, COZA! COZA!! COZA!!!
Wicked person grin. COZA wer everybody dey para for now

1 Like

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by uuzba(m): 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
ehbellsho:
the lecturer should be disciplined cos he has also violated the teaching ethics by making calls while in class. His professionalism should be questioned.

why would/should I blame the student? They made good use of the lecturer unacceptable behaviour to fill the void.
So? He punished them like small kids. He doesn't even see them as upcoming Engineers.
He will come back and punish them again.
And continue punishing them
Because they are stupid and don't know their right
If you are truely an adult and you know it, no other adult has the right to tell you to kneel down or punish you.
The foolish kid couldn't even challenge his lecturer. Na only to go update WhatsApp status. Na there your power reach.

1 Like

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by uuzba(m): 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
EmperorShizzy:

I don't subscribe to all this rubbish sending kids to secondary school at age 8 from primary 4 then pushing them to University at age 13/14. He's very smart? F**k you!
He's an idiot. He can't do anything. He can't cook, can't iron his clothes. Can't solve any problem. Doesn't know his right.
See it now. He's being treated as the child that he is. And is to be reporting on WhatsApp status, na there him power reach.
Are this the people we waiting for to make radical changes in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ESUT Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise While He Was Making Call by uuzba(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
DameB:

Which rich student became a lecturer? It is the one that had it rough, working and saving money, failing course, enter uni at 20years and graduate at 30years. That's the people that become lecturers.
They will now come and see 14/15 year old with iPhone opening their stupid teeth, making noisrn in class?
Na to punish all the suckers.
Next time, they won't rush to University. Go and grow beard and other pubic hair first, before coming near University.
That your small nyash that you can't sit in one place and control yourself, like say them put hot roasted yam in your pant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Journey Through Academics (bsc. Msc. Ph.d) / Longest Notes In Secondary School? / Prof. Aja Akpuru Aja, Abia State University Lecturer Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.