Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others (14968 Views)

Lagos House Of Assembly Confirms 22 Commissioner-nominees, Rejects 17 / Buhari Assents To Police Bill 2020 / President Buhari Assents To 5 New Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Amarachi1990: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has assented to the Nigeria Police Trust Fund bill and eight others passed by the Eighth National Assembly, while rejecting about 17 of such bills.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enag released the list of the assented bills on Wednesday.

Other bills assented to by the President included the Nigeria Natural Medicine Establishment Act; FCT Management Board and Health Insurance; Suppression of Piracy and other Maritime Defence Bill; and the Institute of Transport Administration of Nigeria Bill.

Also assented to were the National Institute of Construction Technology and Management (Establishment) bill; National Agricultural Seed Council bill; Agriculture Credit Guarantee Scheme Fund (Amendment) bill; and the FCT Primary Healthcare Board bill.

The bills rejected by the President were the Adeyemi Federal university of Education (Establishment) Bill; Federal University of Education Kano, Bill; Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education Bill; Federal University of Education Zaria, Bill; and National Security Agencies Protection of Officers Identity Bill.

Other rejected bills include the Federal Capital Territory Emergency Management Agency Bill; Environmental Managers Registration Council of Nigeria Bill; Industrial Development Income Tax Act Amendment Bill; and Defence Research and Development Bureau Bill.

The President similarly rejected the Animal Diseases Control Bill; Good Samaritans Bill; Chattered Institute of Directors of Nigeria Bill; Naional Institute of Hospitality and Tourism Establishment Bill; and Federal University of Wukari (Establishment) Bill.

Also rejected were the Warehouse Receipt and Other Related Matters Bill; Federal Capital Territory Health Insurance Agency Bill; Nigeria Automative Industry Development Plant Fiscal Incentive and Guarantees Bill; and Nigerian Film Commission Bill and Proceeds of Crime Bill.

Enang however said that there were other bills passed by the Eighth Assembly that but which were still being considered by President Buhari, adding that the President’s decisions on those bills would be conveyed to the public in due course

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/buhari-assents-police-trust-fund-bill-others/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by kerzhim(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
God Almighty will surely reward you for trying your best to put things in their rights.

God bless Nigeria.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by helinues: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Finally..

Meanwhile, they are trying to repackage Maina...
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by chiefolododo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
Buhari ,a good man with bad intention

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by nototribalist: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
I talk am

This old foool doesn't mean well for Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Fuckthamods: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
If the 17 others were related to ruga you'd see him accept immediately. Ruga president

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
Seriously, i really can't curtail my happiness about the sound health God has given to our president. May you live long sir!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9756706_d0ampyxw0ailkaw1140x570_jpegc2c6697e468215fe5fb3b15db1aab199

tongue

Drabeey was here

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Eavy(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
E be like say some post for front page use to come with their ready made ftc. But it seems very soon Fulani will ask for their flag to be placed in the presidential villa, or their logo/crest/badge should be printed on the Nigerian national flag.

1 Like

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
God bless our darling Daddy, President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New level.

Nigeria will be great again.

We love them.
We stand with them.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by straighttalk(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
Bad news for Igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by ashantitope: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
May Almighty Allah continue to be with you and give you knowledge and understanding and wisdom to rule this country to the promise Land and not astry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by JimohMomoh: 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
It's very easy to sign but implementation is the koko.
If he had used the energy used on RUGA to Fix our Refineries in the last four years, wasting of funds from the budget to subsidize petroleum products would have been a thing of the past.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by ironheart(m): 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hear the name of bills abeg
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by mysteriousman(m): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2019
K
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Esomchi800(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Please I need this loan someone should help me please I beg you all I will pay back before you know it please
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Archbishop88: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
Yea I am a rugarian.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Emmanuel602(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Did I just read Federal university wukari establishment bill being rejected? Which federal university wukari? The one that have been graduating students since 2016 or another one?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Allymosh: 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
God bless Baba Buhari
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by NOC1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Which one be "good Samaritan Bill".

all this colledge of Educations that want to turn to university

2 Likes

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Firefire(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
[s]
kerzhim:
God Almighty will surely reward you for trying your best to put things in their rights.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by DameB(f): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hope the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of these proposed bills will see smooth sailing?

What these bills propose and what later materialize are sometimes dissimilar
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Biggers82(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Which one come be
Good Samaritans Bill; again
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by kingi777: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Emmanuel602:
Did I just read Federal university wukari establishment bill being rejected? Which federal university wukari? The one that have been graduating students since 2016 or another one?
I was also wondering about the meaning of the rejection of the bill establishing an already existing university. Most of the other rejected proposed universities are colleges of education and it's understandable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by MadamExcellency: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
Buhari must be corrupt to veto Proceed of Crime Bill.

How on earth is Buhari fighting corruption without strengthening the institutions responsible for eliminating the proceeds of corruption?
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Born2Breed(f): 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2019
Amarachi1990:
y.

Other bills assented[b] to by the
The bills rejected by the President were the Adeyemi Federal university of Education (Establishment) Bill; Federal University of Education Kano, Bill; Alvan Ikoku Federal University of Education Bill; Federal University of Education Zaria, Bill[/b];

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/buhari-assents-police-trust-fund-bill-others/

This man hates anything education.

Well, expect nothing much from a cow lover with cow brain.
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Moneywirer: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
kerzhim:
God Almighty will surely reward you for trying yo
ur best to put things in their rights.

God bless Nigeria.

Really
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Blue3k(m): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
I knew he would pass police trust fund. Lol hopefully they stop complaining about lack of funds after this. He should still get rid of security votes. That would great reduce corruption and increase security force budgets.

I heard about the suppression of Piracy and other Maritime Defence Bill. I think its about prosecuting piracy with harsher punishments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by lastmessenger: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2019
post=79915973:
God bless our darling Daddy, President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they take our country to a New level.

Nigeria will be great again.

We love them.
We stand with them.
come take land for my backyard and do your ruga. Its free land.I really hate to see you guys roaming about in the bushes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by Maket: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
So many nonsense bills passed by the 8th assembly rejected.
Which one come be good Samaritan bill again?
Re: Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others by alobright17(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
nototribalist:
I talk am

This old foool doesn't mean well for Nigeria
Mumu wait till when you become President to sign each everything brought to you . smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Hike: Ondo Monarch Bans Forced Association Membership On Traders / Kogi Speaker In Fatal Accident, Driver Dies, Speaker Survives / I Will Step On Toes For Abians Good- Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.