Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

.... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / .... (1802 Views)

Someone Is Pilfering My Bank Account / My Bank Is Posting Debit To My Account Even When I Don't Have Enough Balance. / Merchants Dump POS, Inactive Terminals Hit 131,201 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by isan(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
Re: .... by onlinetomola(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
isan:
Two years ago i opened an account with wema bank , but i didn't start using it until this year 2019 saved 120k in the account already but there was a day i needed a cash urgently and i went to the bank i was surprised to be told my account is inactive and i need to reactivate it again but due to my gambling habit i don't want to reactivate the account right now because i will gamble all the money away in few days , i feel this is the perfect opportunity for me to save some cash for myself ...so how long can my bank account stay inactive?

3months
Re: .... by isan(m): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
can the bank close it without my consent ? with my money there ?
onlinetomola:

3months
Re: .... by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Dude, Go re-activate your account and just request to fill a fixed deposit turning your account to a fixed deposit account, Money can always go in but can't be withdrawn until the end of the fixed duration. This way your bank account is active, healthy, safe and yielding accrued interests on your savings.
Re: .... by isan(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
oh thank u guy this is the perfect option for me
aaronson:
Dude, Go re-activate your account and just request to fill a fixed deposit turning your account to a fixed deposit account, Money can always go in but can't be withdrawn until the end of the fixed duration. This way your bank account is active, healthy, safe and yieding accrued interests on your savings.
Re: .... by EXICON(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
isan:
Two years ago i opened an account with wema bank , but i didn't start using it until this year 2019 saved 120k in the account already but there was a day i needed a cash urgently and i went to the bank i was surprised to be told my account is inactive and i need to reactivate it again but due to my gambling habit i don't want to reactivate the account right now because i will gamble all the money away in few days , i feel this is the perfect opportunity for me to save some cash for myself ...so how long can my bank account stay inactive?

Typically, it's 6 months. But some banks allow more than that e.g Access bank. ( Talking from experience).

I understand you are having a challenge with savings. After you reactivate your account, tell your bank to put your account on PND. It means your account will only be programmed to accept deposits but you can't withdraw from it. You can instruct them to do it for a specific period (1 year or as you like). When you want to withdraw, you instruct them to lift the PND on it.

This will help you in no small measure.
Re: .... by onlinetomola(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
isan:
can the bank close it without my consent ? with my money there ?

Yes... If you have money in there and there is no transaction (Debit or Credit) within 3months then your account would be dormant (Inactive). You are going to need a valid ID card & Utility Bill to reactivate it.
Re: .... by isan(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
thank you for the info
onlinetomola:

Yes... If you have money in there and there is no transaction (Debit or Credit) within 3months then your account would be dormant (Inactive). You are going to need a valid ID card & Utility Bill to reactivate it.

(1) (Reply)

You Need Scuml Certificate If Your Company Is In This Category / 3 Hot New Businesses You Can Do In 2010! / My Experience - Building Great Customer Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.